PDA

View Full Version : Im Back

Tree_UK
05-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Got my new rig all built and running sweet so im going to start getting my teeth stuck into some CLOD, Im a bit behind with the latest patches but from what Ive read the game is now playable but with more work to do. :grin: Also how easy is it to set up a dogfight server? Anyone here got one up and running? I (we) have a server at our disposal so getting that up and running is a must.

Tiger27
05-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Welcome back, just check up before starting a server as too which beta patch to run, the last one, seems to have improved some peoples, including my offline play but at the sametime the online play seems to have degraded, I think there have been 3 betas since the last official patch and as far as I remember Syndicate has wound their server back to the first of these 3 betas, as that had very smooth online play and I belive the servers were stable, look up posts regarding there servers and that should fill you in.

Long way to go but it does work, would be nice to get the performance right so that we can see some existing features, FM's/DM's etc tweaked and some of the turned off features turned on, but that may take some time, although who knows what they may to try and get going for the US release, now that the rest of the world has done some testing.

III/JG11_Tiger

Tree_UK
05-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi Tiger, thanks for the server update, Is the online war thing happening, I remember Oleg/Luthier saying you could join a online war 24/7, i imagined it to be a 1C server, is that up and running or has that been shelved?

Ctrl E
05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
good to have you back chum.

Tiger27
05-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi Tiger, thanks for the server update, Is the online war thing happening, I remember Oleg/Luthier saying you could join a online war 24/7, i imagined it to be a 1C server, is that up and running or has that been shelved?

Ah Tree, you cant help yourself can you, I think you may already know the answer to your question.

I shouldn't really be telling you this, but there is massive online war going on 24/7 and we are all having a ball, but 1C and UBI asked us not to let you know the IP, sorry 'bout that :-P

Tree_UK
05-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Ah Tree, you cant help yourself can you, I think you may already know the answer to your question.

I shouldn't really be telling you this, but there is massive online war going on 24/7 and we are all having a ball, but 1C and UBI asked us not to let you know the IP, sorry 'bout that :-P

You got me wrong here mate, im not having a dig just wondered if it was up and running now that a lot of other problems have been fixed, like I said i imagined it may be a 1c server. I am out of the loop at the moment so please dont think I am being corrosive because genuinely i am not.

Screamadelica
05-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Welcome back Tree. This place hasn't been the same without you!:)

Bobb4
05-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Welcome back.
Online servers are up and down like yo-yo's. Steam is prone to blanket close all servers at random so any 24/7 server is currently not possible.
Patch wise things get better then worse then better again. But it is getting there. Where is 'there', well that is the eternal question ;)
We (=69.GIAP=) worked out at current bandwidth use our 10mb dedicated pipe can handle 45 players with ease. My guess is the syndicate servers and the like can easily handle the 128 max. Problem seems to be steam limits servers to 35 players only, no idea why.
When our server is up we keep it stock as the beta's are sometimes scary things :rolleyes:

Tiger27
05-09-2011, 01:34 PM
You got me wrong here mate, im not having a dig just wondered if it was up and running now that a lot of other problems have been fixed, like I said i imagined it may be a 1c server. I am out of the loop at the moment so please dont think I am being corrosive because genuinely i am not.

My apologies, although I was only having a dig myself really, not trying to be to serious.

Its frustrating really, a lot of things too like about CoD but still so many unfinished things as well, be interesting how it goes after the US release, I just hope the Devs, or some Devs somewhere, stick with it, seems to have a lot of goodies locked away.

Bobb4
05-09-2011, 02:58 PM
One thing that did make it in was the tandum controlled Tigermoth :):):)