PDA

View Full Version : how and where to delete all records in the game before reinstalling

shabir
05-07-2011, 08:31 PM
hello, my question is:

I've already installed the game 2 time. Before you reinstall Steam removed the entire folder from drive c and 1c softclub c / my documents. After installing the game I restored my previous settings. I'm running out of ideas what else to remove to install the game from its factory / original settings.

I wonder if Steam does not store copies of records in each game settings and if so, I ask for a hint as to remove

whoarmongar
05-07-2011, 08:43 PM
The question is, why do you keep uninstalling the game ? Then reinstalling ? Seems a pointless exercise to me.

shabir
05-07-2011, 09:04 PM
The question is, why do you keep uninstalling the game ? Then reinstalling ? Seems a pointless exercise to me.

After uninstalling the game from a computer file Steam (and softclub) is still visible. So I'm removing it manually to be sure, and then restarting the computer. I check again and there is nothing on the drive c. You submit the new game and I have the old settings

janpitor
05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
try user/my documents/ and then there is 1C or steam or something. There is the real conf.ini

Edit: I see you tried that...weird...maybe it is because of steam cloud

VF-51_Cobraj
05-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Manually Removing Steam

Warning:

Dealing with your registry requires extreme care. Do not delete anything in your Windows registry that you are unsure about. For this reason, we suggest you only use this option as a last resort.
Exit Steam.

Navigate to your Steam directory. (Typically C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam

If you wish to save your game files for a future installation of Steam, copy your steamapps folder outside of your Steam directory.

Delete all of the contents of your Steam directory.

Go to Start > Run and type in regedit.

For 32-bit operating systems:
In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

For 64-bit operating systems:
In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.
Right-click on Valve select Delete.
Close your Registry Editor.