PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Bug in CloD. All effects vanish in Replay. Video example

Mysticpuma
05-07-2011, 05:19 PM
At the start of the video (from the recorded track) lots of hit effects, barrels firing on Spitfire, Sounds and Smoke effects + Particles off the enemy aircraft.

Later in the Video/track no Gun-Sounds, Barrel Firing or smoke effects from Spitfire, no-casings or any indication that the aircraft is firing. Also no obvious hits on the enemy Aircraft like you see at the start of the video/track.

The enemy aircraft then explodes (from hits off the Spitfire, but there is no indication it is shooting).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1-_dwpBEc

kristorf
05-07-2011, 05:40 PM
They were just scared of you awesome killing power so destroyed their own A/C.................:rolleyes:;)

GnigruH
05-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Man, I hope you're not going to make a vid about every bug in this game...
There's not enough room on YouTube.

1.JaVA_Platypus
05-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Maybe you made the vid with a diffrent patch version?

jimbop
05-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Effects work fine in my tracks, maybe something peculiar to your settings?

Les
05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I've seen something similar when replaying the 'Black Death' benchmark track. Sometimes while playing that track, in the shot where you see the bombs fall on the line of aircraft, only one of the bombs bounces, while at other times several of them do. Also on the same track, in the shot in which the AA gunner is seen firing, sometimes the rounds loaded into the top of the gun can't be seen.

I don't know of a solution, other than to try replaying the track again in the hope it gets loaded up properly. I obviously don't know what's causing it either, other than that there's something going astray when the track gets 'built' in the player. It does seem similar to the way there were inaccuracies in the tracks recorded in the old IL-2 series as well, wherein what you saw at the time of the recording wasn't always how the .trk file replayed it later.

On a related note, are you getting the engine-revving bug too? For me that's an even more fundamental problem with the replays that definitely needs to be fixed if the replays are to serve even their most basic purpose of showing what the player's plane was doing at the time of recording.

Mysticpuma
05-07-2011, 09:38 PM

Lol.

No, but I just thought that as the saying goes "a picture is worth a Thousand Words" it would be easier to show what the issue was, rather than try and explain it and some people not understand.

I'm not willing to keep Beta-testing this until it's been much-more completed, but I thought this may help a little.

So back to WoP and Apache Air Assault for a while.

I have to say the damage effects in CloD are very impressive....but as everyone who loves CloD says about Wings of Prey, it's not all about Eye-Candy and CloD certainly stands that argument up.

Cheers, MP

Sokol1
05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Notice same here after the first Beta patch.
Before effects only disappear if I try edit track.

With the last two, clouds turn invisible too - but the ice effect still.
And if I play a track from previous versions the clouds are OK! ???

Sokol1

meplay
05-08-2011, 02:01 PM

I think its better to do that, so we can see exactly what they are talking about :)

TUSA/TX-Gunslinger
05-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Also on the same track, in the shot in which the AA gunner is seen firing, sometimes the rounds loaded into the top of the gun can't be seen.

I don't know of a solution, other than to try replaying the track again in the hope it gets loaded up properly.

MP, have you tried to play back the track a second, third, fourth time WITHOUT restarting CoD? On the second and on successive track playbacks the Ammo always shows up for me. Perhaps the effects also?

S!

Gunny

Mysticpuma
05-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi, just tried your suggestion....no-change, lots of hits, no effects :(

Thanks for the suggestion though, cheers, MP

Chazflyz
05-11-2011, 06:26 AM
I have the same issue as well in replays. (I am using the latest beta patch 14413.)

1) In replay, when switching to other aircraft they have no engine sound.

2) Visual effects like spent magazine rounds do not show. See this video at 0:26, at 0:57 (i am shooting the bomber but there are no visuals, then its wing comes off)..... and off topic: the damage model bug beginning at 2:02.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYMlwFLBi7w

ATAG_Doc
05-30-2011, 04:42 AM
seems that if you record a track with unlimited ammo and go past the part where you would have ran out of ammo this is what happens in your track. ur out of ammo but everything is still there but your firing the guns. this is what i have found on my end.