raaaid
05-07-2011, 12:48 PM
if you shoot a paratrooper

if you shoot at an smoking plane

and so on

brando
05-07-2011, 01:58 PM
if you shoot a paratrooper

A paraTROOPER is a soldier descending by parachute and intending to fight when he lands - a legitimate target.
A parachuting pilot was considered a legitimate target by some sides, if the pilot was liable to land in his own territory and be available to fly again.

if you shoot at an smoking plane

and so on

A smoking plane is also a legitimate target, why not?

BBrus
05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
A parachuting pilot was considered a legitimate target by some sides, if the pilot was liable to land in his own territory and be available to fly again.

Which sides? :confused:

Formula88
05-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Lol, this raid guy is friggin hilarious. I dont think you can shoot pilots under the silk or shoot the parachute down, I already tried but only once on some guy who kept talking smack. I really wanted him dead, not just shot down.

I think what raid is getting at is that there is a serious lack of honor among the online flyers. Why just today I was in the Syndicate server and there were 12 109's to 3 Spits and do you know what these a-holes in the 109's were doing? Shooting the only three opposing team memebers while they were parkeed on the ground! I mean, LOL, wtf is wrong with you? When I mentioned that they should send some people over to the red side I was called a whiner and that war isnt fair...

No, war isnt fair, but a game should be at least somewhat fair and to engage in the act of straffing planes on the ground when you out number them over 3-1 is just plain wrong. I parked my plane in a hangar and waited for the sides to even out. Eventually it was something like 12v9 and I fired er up and had fun. Use some common sense people, and have a little honor in your online engagements.

Skoshi Tiger
05-10-2011, 05:33 AM
War may not be fair but on dog fight map some of the limiting factors that occour in real life are not in place. Like fuel limitation and realistic amounts of AA defences which would stop aircaft camping over an airfield. Also dispersal of airfield on the small online maps makes it hard to take off on field free from attackers.

In the old IL2 ping rates would go down dramatically if there was too much flack. Not sure what it's like in COD.

Now don't get me wrong I'll vulch with the best of them but an enemy airfield should be a dangerous place otherwise there would be no honour in being labeled vulcher!

Cheers!