PDA

View Full Version : Can we get some information on hwo things are going?

Winger
05-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Since the last BETA patch is kind of a disaster (no problem thou since it IS a BETA patch:)) i personally would love to get an update on how things are going, when to expect next patch and so on.

Thanks!

Winger

FG28_Kodiak
05-06-2011, 02:25 PM
The disaster seems only for few, for me and many others it's a great improvement.

Sven
05-06-2011, 02:43 PM
In 5./JG27 overall slight improvement, especially with fullscreen mode now.

W0ef
05-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Going great here, thanks for asking.

Had a bit of a stomach pain this morning but nothing an aspirine couldn´t solve.

Oh, and it´s almost weekend, w00t!

Doc_uk
05-06-2011, 02:54 PM
The disaster seems only for few, for me and many others it's a great improvement. I think its a bit more than a few

JG5_emil
05-06-2011, 03:07 PM
For me the last Beta patch made it possible to fly in my native resolution of 1920 x 1080 for the first time.

garengarch
05-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Latest is great for me too - although theres a long road ahead thats for sure :)

Sauf
05-06-2011, 03:23 PM
when you say "great" do you play SP or MP?

I only really play MP, and after seeing small improvements in previous patches am having nothing but trouble with this one, despite getting SLI to use both GPU's. Artifacts, FPS that just seems random ect, no exit in psuedo or full screen despite steam install, clear cache/config ect.

Meusli
05-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Well this patch has finally allowed me to play this game, so I love it...

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-06-2011, 04:49 PM
The disaster seems only for few, for me and many others it's a great improvement.

I'm one of the poor sods suffering with an ATi card/cards,whilst there is improvement,I'd have to disagree about the term 'great'improvement,they're getting there,but they ain't there yet.;)

Chivas
05-06-2011, 06:29 PM
The patch has improve the game for me so I doubt see it as a disaster. Luthier also mentioned that they have cancelled their May holiday, to work on the sim. I'm sure the developers understand full well whats working and not working and have stated some of their priorities. The problem is its very difficult to get a handle on how long it will take to fix them.

Gromic
05-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes, I agree. This patch is a great improvement unless you primarily play MP. For us onliners it creates problems equivalent to - say - offliners not being able to use comms to manage a flight. Since 14413 beta those flying online suffer from stutters, fps on a trampoline, a flawed MP GUI where sides cannot be changed or servers cannot be disconnected from. I'm sure there is a fix in the pipeline but until then onliners pretty much have to rollback to 14305 or another previous version to avoid those issues.

Cheers

Winger
05-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes, I agree. This patch is a great improvement unless you primarily play MP. For us onliners it creates problems equivalent to - say - offliners not being able to use comms to manage a flight. Since 14413 beta those flying online suffer from stutters, fps on a trampoline, a flawed MP GUI where sides cannot be changed or servers cannot be disconnected from. I'm sure there is a fix in the pipeline but until then onliners pretty much have to rollback to 14305 or another previous version to avoid those issues.

Cheers

That pretty much sums it up...
But again. I for my part am not angry about that patch not working the way it should for us onliners. It making the experience better for the offliners is a gain as well. Offlines use newest patch onlines roll back to previous:) And hopefully the next patch will be good for all of us.

Winger