PDA

View Full Version : does this game promote sadism?

raaaid
05-06-2011, 12:01 PM
all right i smoked online a 109 and as i was leaving him behind he perfoarted my water radiator at 600 m

should i have finished him?

not to mention 99% of people online will kick you right when youre in the floor

your smoking and wounded and got 3 guys behind...

(i was booted in the old il2 online for doing that soemtimes, thank god some common sense)

man seems hteres no gentlemen online

not to mention vulching an the damn spit having to wait to warm up

in fact i really consider starting no shooting online to express my complain by people low instincts taking over

theres to much hate online i find no pleasure on revnege and downing a guy who dont know me yet he already hates me

oh and the shoulder shooting oh god

Feathered_IV
05-06-2011, 12:11 PM
I've logged 25 hours in the game so far, just sorting out controls and trying to tweak the settings. If that isn't sadism, I don't know what is.

Langnasen
05-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I've logged 25 hours in the game so far, just sorting out controls and trying to tweak the settings. If that isn't sadism, I don't know what is.

That's masochism, required for CoD.

raaaid
05-06-2011, 12:25 PM
i stopped playing afterwards:

analize the situation:

i engage on an online fight

i kick the bad badly

i leave him alone not to fall on sadism

he kicks me from the back and later kills me, murders me according the console

or right when i started the game

i decide not to shoot

i get in formation with a foe 10 m at his six

an idiot from my team 200-300 m behind starts shoulder shooting

hell hes mine i picked it first let me have fun, i dont do that

i shoot in anger and commit a virtual murder :(

RocketDog
05-06-2011, 12:36 PM

That's masochism. Sadism would be if you tried to get me to do it for you :).

BigPickle
05-06-2011, 12:36 PM

Hahahaha soo true mate it is painful

Sauf
05-06-2011, 01:46 PM
169 hours in game, and I'm reading a raid post. I think I need professional help, dammit I'm sure I do, but where??? Maybe I should start a clinic like alcoholics anonymous!

"Having trouble with COD? Does your COD worry you? Is it causing you to get into unpleasant or dangerous situations? Are family members complaining about your COD?"

On second thought I'll just crack a bottle of Jamesions and hope the game works better.

W0ef
05-06-2011, 01:47 PM
169 hours in game, and I'm reading a raid post. I think I need professional help, dammit I'm sure I do, but where??? Maybe I should start a clinic like alcoholics anonymous!

"Having trouble with COD? Does your COD worry you? Is it causing you to get into unpleasant or dangerous situations? Are family members complaining about your COD?"

On second thought I'll just crack a bottle of Jamesions and hope the game works better.

If anything it should give you a nice motion blur effect ;)

jibo
05-06-2011, 01:49 PM
all right i smoked

good, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery

W0ef
05-06-2011, 01:51 PM
+1 :grin:

Your signature is teh evil! I was like...OMG, what did I do to get banned this time:rolleyes:

Fjordmonkey
05-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I make it simple: If you're in the air, it's my job to get you OUT of my skies. And that means that I will put as many rounds up your silly butt as I have to to see you go down in a flaming wreck, with or without wings.

Sadism? Nah. Welcome to the war, sonny. I give no quarters, and expect none back. Hell, if someone DOESN'T make sure I'm dead, I will do my very damn best to take you with me. I won't fly into you, but if I can get you under my sights and unload on you, I will.

Devastator
05-06-2011, 03:00 PM
I make it simple: If you're in the air, it's my job to get you OUT of my skies. And that means that I will put as many rounds up your silly butt as I have to to see you go down in a flaming wreck, with or without wings.

Sadism? Nah. Welcome to the war, sonny. I give no quarters, and expect none back. Hell, if someone DOESN'T make sure I'm dead, I will do my very damn best to take you with me. I won't fly into you, but if I can get you under my sights and unload on you, I will.

Wake up mate I think you need a break, you probably think you sit in your cockpit in 1940 but it´s a game you´re playing.

GnigruH
05-06-2011, 03:16 PM

Wow.

Buchon
05-06-2011, 03:39 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/96cp54.jpg

Sven
05-06-2011, 03:42 PM
LoL

Yeah... Raaaid... whatever you say man:rolleyes:.

Fjordmonkey
05-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Wake up mate I think you need a break, you probably think you sit in your cockpit in 1940 but it´s a game you´re playing.

Actually no, I don't. On both counts.

My post was ment as a counterpost to Raaaid's post, nothing more. Might have come across as a bit harsh, but that doesn't mean that I'll be ass about it in a fight. Guess my post could be misunderstood, but my point is that when you go into a fight, you fight to win. And that means not stopping the fight until you're either out of ammo or out of enemies, or dead. That's how I treat combat in all games, singleplayer or multiplayer, online or offline alike.

I have a simple creed and a set of rules that I fly by. I will not vulch people. I will not attack someone with their wheels out (signalling surrender) or people that are in a landing-pattern. I will not blatantly steal kills from others. I will let people get up into the sky in order to offer a good fight on even terms. But I will, when the fight is on, use every bit of my meager skills in trying to bring you down decisively. I will be honorable in a fight, but I will also be both relentless and ruthless, as I expect others to be towards me. I will salute those that I DO manage to shoot down, as I will salute the skill of those that shoot ME down. I will behave honorably, but I will give no quarters when the fight is on, and, as I said, I expect none in return.

So no, I don't think I'm in the cockpit during the summer-days of 1940.

raaaid
05-06-2011, 04:08 PM
i just had a brilliant fight online

we were close pilots

like i didnt shoot him it was loads of fun seeing who was the better turner and managed better the engine

if i had shot him when i had chnace, 4 or five times it would have been a tenth of the fun i had

even the other guy commented on what a bright fight that have been

i got to close we collided :(

the only thing i enjoy from games are circle fights but I DO NOT like to shoot people

face it its a game and if you want it realistic how would you justify flying a 109?

edit:

we are playing this game like savages without rules like they played football in the old times

for example:

head ons should be forbidden

when theres a fight one vs one no one should enter combat with them and the same in the case theres a wingman a fight two by two

a plane thats smoking should try to land his plane and the enemy should let him

i bet even in wwii they wer far more gentlemanlike than the quake players of this game

Buchon
05-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Its always fun read you Raaaid :grin:

There will be servers with rules, like no bulching or shoulder shooting, like they was in IL2-1946.

Is just matter of time, there nice people to fly with them out there ;)

raaaid
05-06-2011, 04:45 PM
shame i have to study id like to jump online more :(

what i doing is get on a foes six and dont shoot

then he thinks im out of ammo and ignores me

then i get so close that shoot at his wing tip aiming away from the cocpit and engine

but plz lutier i want 10 m convergence :)

edit:

now does anyone take the game withas much realism as me as to act in the game as i would in rl?

simace
05-06-2011, 04:54 PM
raaid,

Relax.

It is a game.

You are not dead.

You are still alive.

You will fly again.

You will have someone else to shoot at.

You will have someone else shooting at you.

Go have fun taking wings and virtual lives :)

Good hunting m8 :)

Sauf
05-06-2011, 04:59 PM
What are you studing Raid? If its law you will end up f#*%ing more ppl's lives then you will in this game.

I can only pray its your 2x tables and not your PPL/CPL/CFI ticket.
BTW, what country are you in? Or is your broken english a put on?

Vengeanze
05-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Maybe in the bathroom like the Norweigan "elite" troopers guarding the king who hide in the bathroom when the alarm went off.
Best norway joke ever...except it's true! ;-)

Qpassa
05-06-2011, 05:20 PM
ban ban ban I i feel ashamed because you're spanish :(

kimosabi
05-06-2011, 05:32 PM
now does anyone take the game withas much realism as me as to act in the game as i would in rl?

Some days I do, some days I don't. Depends on who I'm flying with. As of now, I don't have the time to fly so that's not really realistic. I doubt that fighter pilots didn't have time to fly. lol

Fjordmonkey
05-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Maybe in the bathroom like the Norweigan "elite" troopers guarding the king who hide in the bathroom when the alarm went off.

lol nah, even though I laughed my butt off when I heard that :D

Sauf
05-06-2011, 06:46 PM
kqjpxEYWZk0

kimosabi
05-06-2011, 07:04 PM

If you really think that the Kings Guard troops is anywhere near elite, you're very misinformed. They are a bunch of 18-20 year olds with 2 months of mediocre training and that's it. ;)

I didn't even laugh at it, I felt sorry for the King. He's a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything. Sonja though, she's a real hag. She was probably in the bathroom too...... lol

jt_medina
05-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Warming up the engine for 3 min to end up being vulched is something that really should be not allowed at least for gameplay reasons.

Offtopic now.
I think the COD online is still really green to be polite. I have tried several servers and had stuttering in all of them. Bad thing when I have the recommended specs.
I guess why there is not a quality control for PC games. I am patient but sometimes I feel like it should be almost illegal to sell the game in this so Alpha state.
I guess if I complain too much people will say I am whining and bla bla bla.

Rusty_M
05-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Actually no, I don't. On both counts.

My post was ment as a counterpost to Raaaid's post, nothing more. Might have come across as a bit harsh, but that doesn't mean that I'll be ass about it in a fight. Guess my post could be misunderstood, but my point is that when you go into a fight, you fight to win. And that means not stopping the fight until you're either out of ammo or out of enemies, or dead. That's how I treat combat in all games, singleplayer or multiplayer, online or offline alike.

I have a simple creed and a set of rules that I fly by. I will not vulch people. I will not attack someone with their wheels out (signalling surrender) or people that are in a landing-pattern. I will not blatantly steal kills from others. I will let people get up into the sky in order to offer a good fight on even terms. But I will, when the fight is on, use every bit of my meager skills in trying to bring you down decisively. I will be honorable in a fight, but I will also be both relentless and ruthless, as I expect others to be towards me. I will salute those that I DO manage to shoot down, as I will salute the skill of those that shoot ME down. I will behave honorably, but I will give no quarters when the fight is on, and, as I said, I expect none in return.

Seems fair as anything to me. I always think "play my best, play to win, play fair, enjoy". Nothing there strikes me as unsportsmanlike. That's how I'd probably play if I was good enough to go online.

xnomad
05-07-2011, 03:47 AM
Just like in real life it's much harder for the LW to make a kill over England. The Luftwaffe have to get across the channel to go home and the RAF have the benefit of flying over their own territory. So I think it is ok for a LW plane to fire at a RAF plane that is limping back to base and going in to land. The LW plane in a reversed situation (that is escaping back across the channels) is also going in to make a landing but it's going to take 10 minutes or more to get there, they are fair game on the way, so it's only fair they get to shoot at RAF players escaping to base as well.

I've already experienced it online, you damage a Spit over England and they head straight back to base, you get damaged over England and you are chased and shot at all the way home across the channel.

Even when the front isn't over the channel, if you don't fight and run for it and go in for a landing I'm going to shoot at you on final approach. I'd expect the same treatment if I'd do the same.