PDA

View Full Version : Here's a third video: Hurricane against the Corpo Aereo Italiano (youtube vid, 1080p)

Freycinet
05-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Ok, I have been fiddling a bit more with the Full Mission Builder in CoD, and this is what I have come up with:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwDOTdalsgaardDOTeu?feature=mhum#p/c/981CBC682E928D2A/2/s73zSerW6-Y

Do watch it full-screen...

In strict adherence to the WYSIWYG principle (what you see is what you get) I've just let the capture program run during a mission. So, no fancy editing, effects, music, etc. Pure dogma movie-making as my fellow country-men Vinterberg and Von Trier would have liked it :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogme_95

The youtubeified version of the 5½ gig capture looks a good deal worse than the real deal: compression artifacts, washed out details, shimmering, lower frame rate, etc., but still gives a good idea of what the sim looks like.

As you can see I am no good at dogfighting. Zero situational awareness :) - But, hey, it is early days, and I have a chance to practice unlike the poor sods who did this for real...

Hope you like it, comments very welcome!

Vengeanze
05-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I love your movies. Keep em coming.

But man, when you were behind that bomber pleeeeease shot the engine next time. :-D

archer11
05-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Too long? Not for my taste.
Helped me a lot getting through this day in the office.
Thanks!

PS: I recommend some target practice, like hitting the engine... ;)

W0ef
05-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Nice movie mate, commentary was enjoying as well :)

But yeah, shoot the ruddy engine next time :P

Dano
05-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Nice stuff Frey, one word of advice though...

You got this right: 'low and slow, he's had it!' and then what did you bloody go and do? Put yourself in the same position, squadron commander will probably have something to say about it :)

Endy
05-06-2011, 10:42 AM
That was great, liked the comments too.

It'll be a while before I can run it like that, patiently waiting.

Chips86
05-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Good video =] A bit historically innacurate. When this actually happened the Italians were infact delivering a large shipment of air drop lasagna to the impoverished occupants of the Isle of White festival 1942, it seems unlikely an RAF pilot would shoot down the tasty bombers, especially seen as Vera Lynn was banging out her greatest hits at the time. Who knew you could get a 12 minute guitar solo in we'll meet again...

garengarch
05-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Enjoyed the video very much - thanks for sharing

recoilfx
05-06-2011, 11:31 AM
I noticed that your mixture is at around 20%, is that normal procedure? I've always been running at full mixture, unless I noticed that I am running low on fuel.

Freycinet
05-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks for your comments! - And: YOU guys try to hit the bloody engine! :)

RE: the mixture, I just set it where the engine doesn't cough.... - Sorry, I am not very knowledgeable about it!

Freycinet
05-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Too long? Not for my taste.
Helped me a lot getting through this day in the office.
Thanks!

Hey, at least it is Friday... :)

McHilt
05-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Ok, I have been fiddling a bit more with the Full Mission Builder in CoD, and this is what I have come up with:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwDOTdalsgaardDOTeu?feature=mhum#p/c/981CBC682E928D2A/2/s73zSerW6-Y

Do watch it full-screen...

In strict adherence to the WYSIWYG principle (what you see is what you get) I've just let the capture program run during a mission. So, no fancy editing, effects, music, etc. Pure dogma movie-making as my fellow country-men Vinterberg and Von Trier would have liked it :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogme_95

The youtubeified version of the 5½ gig capture looks a good deal worse than the real deal: compression artifacts, washed out details, shimmering, lower frame rate, etc., but still gives a good idea of what the sim looks like.

As you can see I am no good at dogfighting. Zero situational awareness :) - But, hey, it is early days, and I have a chance to practice unlike the poor sods who did this for real...

Hope you like it, comments very welcome!

Looking great dude!! Wish I could play it, have to wait a while...

zetareticulan
05-06-2011, 05:12 PM
My rig will no longer handle 1946 so imagine how much I appreciate your vids - love 'em to bits.

Heliocon
05-06-2011, 05:46 PM
love your vids m8

Pudfark
05-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Outstanding Vid Freycinet....
The best and most interesting so far...
The time and trouble you took to caption it,
is very appreciated...You are a credit to the community.

choctaw111
05-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks again for sharing another fine film.
I really enjoy watching these.

jojimbo
05-06-2011, 06:41 PM
great vid. its good to see howe great this game can look on a good rig,
i cant even fly over land on lowest settings, but am having fun over the channel

archer11
05-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Hey, at least it is Friday... :)

Monday, Friday... currently same difference :(

As I'm still waiting for some parts for my new system, all I have (except il2:46 on my trusted but old rig) is my CE Box of this sim and the vids you guys are posting. So keep'em coming!

Thanks again and: Cheers!

ip3
05-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Good show!
keep it up! thank you

Kooch
05-07-2011, 06:00 AM
:grin: Out-Standing clip Freycinet, it would seem that you are discovering a very new and distinctive style in movie making ! Keep it up m8 its great seeing things threw other people eyes ! Cheers!

Freycinet
05-07-2011, 09:27 PM
:grin: Out-Standing clip Freycinet, it would seem that you are discovering a very new and distinctive style in movie making ! Keep it up m8 its great seeing things threw other people eyes ! Cheers!

Hehe, it is mostly a case of #beggars can't be choosers2, because I really don't have the time nor expertise to put together well-edited movies, so I just let the camera roll... - But the annotations feature in youtube is great fun. Thx for all your nice comments, they make me want to do more vids like these!