PDA

View Full Version : Latest Patch…what’s really fixed?

smink1701
05-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Have to say that many (too long to list) items that are supposed to be fixed are not. Gun loadouts, plane weathering, etc, etc.etc. Share what is and isn’t fixed. I feel like the guy that keeps taking his car to the shop to repair the same problem…over and over.

TeeJay82
05-05-2011, 03:07 PM
hehe well, if your mechanic tells you he has polished the exterior, and is working on the engine as we speak... would you then be mad?

smink1701
05-05-2011, 03:14 PM
First...I'm not mad...frustrated maybe...not mad

Second...if my mechanic told me over and over that things were fixed and they were not, I would be looking for a new mechanic.;)

mazex
05-05-2011, 03:42 PM
First...I'm not mad...frustrated maybe...not mad

Second...if my mechanic told me over and over that things were fixed and they were not, I would be looking for a new mechanic.;)

Well, cars are extremely simple compared to complex software that has to work on a zillion hardware configurations... Even though modern fuel injection systems etc are rather advanced, the basic combustion engine works like it did during the war ;) The same goes for transmission etc. I don't think you would have to spend many hours to teach a good WWII era mechanic to service my bleeding edge high tech Audi...

Chivas
05-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I didn't see "Gun loadouts, or plane weathering" listed in the patch fixes?

smink1701
05-05-2011, 04:17 PM
I didn't see "Gun loadouts, or plane weathering" listed in the patch fixes?

* Made sure plane selection and other user modifications stick in Quick Mission
Builder when returning to the interface after flying a custom mission;

baronWastelan
05-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Vsync

Gollum
05-05-2011, 04:51 PM
* Made sure plane selection and other user modifications stick in Quick Mission
Builder when returning to the interface after flying a custom mission;

They didn't say the user modifications would actually function... just that it would "stick" in the quick mission builder when returning to the interface... Lawyers on the dev team now... Lotsa tom foolery:)

addman
05-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I can understand where you're coming from smink. As I mentioned in my own thread earlier, it seems as if 4 new problems/bugs arise for every one fixed. I can live with this because I know that luthier and his guys are working their butts off to get this thing in release version shape. Fact is though, as it stands, this game is still nowhere near release worthiness. I hope they can fix the myriad of things that needs to be fixed before the -probable- "make it or break it" North American release.:)

smink1701
05-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Honestly, just trying to provide input on what's not working...ie the gunsight on the 109 is not centered and this was listed as a corrected item.

JG4_Helofly
05-05-2011, 06:37 PM
They didn't say the user modifications would actually function... just that it would "stick" in the quick mission builder when returning to the interface... Lawyers on the dev team now... Lotsa tom foolery:)

In dubio contra proferentem ;)

Langnasen
05-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Honestly, just trying to provide input on what's not working...ie the gunsight on the 109 is not centered and this was listed as a corrected item.

I think they were talking about the reticule being corrected in the gauges-screen.

JG14_Jagr
05-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Have to say that many (too long to list) items that are supposed to be fixed are not. Gun loadouts, plane weathering, etc, etc.etc. Share what is and isn’t fixed. I feel like the guy that keeps taking his car to the shop to repair the same problem…over and over.

If you look at the release notes for each patch they tell you what is supposed to be fixed, what is a BETA fix, and what they are working on. They have prioritized their fixed in performance and stability areas first which is common sense. While being able to load a custom belting of ammo is important to the game, it certainly takes a back seat at the moment to helping the game run for people still having trouble.

Pluto
05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
...after what I have read about the latest patch here, I rather stick to the 14305 patch, in hope that there will be an official patch released from steam one of these days.

Oh goodness ! Considering the pile off issues that need to be fixed in this sim, to make it run as it should, I dont even dare thinking of further releases with more planes and other areas in the WW2 theatre,.... might well take another couple of years as it looks now.... patience is a virtue.
:(

Rattlehead
05-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Oh goodness ! Considering the pile off issues that need to be fixed in this sim, to make it run as it should, I dont even dare thinking of further releases with more planes and other areas in the WW2 theatre,.... might well take another couple of years as it looks now.... patience is a virtue.
:(

Yep, the list is long and the road is hard...patience is very much a virtue. The hardest part as I see it is getting this game to perform as it should. The fullscreen issue, Sli/Crossfire and getting the multiplayer right are all extremely important as well.

Beyond that, while there is a lot still to do, the list of fixes don't seem all that bad.
Nothing that should present a real problem in sorting out, anyway.

BigPickle
05-05-2011, 09:36 PM
yeah dont forget the CPU issue, i think that one wont get cured at all :(

Remo
05-05-2011, 09:39 PM

The gunsight WAS not center on the REAL 109 ..
So before you go ask ppl to fix things , make sure you have you facts right.

And this has been covered by other threads..

BigPickle
05-05-2011, 09:44 PM
what lol they said it has been centered in the patch they havent done it anyhow is what he is refering too, but i think they are talking about the actual reticle adjustment.

Sauf
05-05-2011, 10:03 PM
bf-109 gunsight was out of alignment, bullets were hitting low and to the left. Is fixed!
They were not going to "center" it!

smink1701
05-05-2011, 11:03 PM
The gunsight WAS not center on the REAL 109 ..
So before you go ask ppl to fix things , make sure you have you facts right.

And this has been covered by other threads..

Reemed-oh

IL2 there was a way to center the pipper. Right? Try to keep up.

addman
05-06-2011, 04:08 AM
Reemed-oh

Shift+F1, works the same way in CoD.

mazex
05-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Reemed-oh

And have you tried the same key combo in CoD?

Kakashi
05-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Shift+F1, works the same way in CoD.

Actually no it doesn't. I tried a couple missions and when it came down to aiming (shift F1) I noticed one big difference with Il2. In CoD when the pilot is "loosening the straps" and possibly leaning over to the aiming sight, he can not look up. Which doesn't make too much sense to me really... If you think about it there is NOTHING which would prevent the pilot to look up in that configuration, but of course he would not be leaning over to the sight anymore.
I think the devs should think about it, and cancel the shift F1 when ever we look up instead of blocking it. Or maybe we can still look around but we get more head shaking in maneuvers when straps are loosen up, especially in negetive G maneuvers.

Anyways, this is all details.

BigPickle
05-06-2011, 08:33 AM
yeah thats what i found,hence why i knew they were talking reticle when they said sight.

xnomad
05-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Reemed-oh

Mate instead of being rude to fellow forum users, how about reading the patch description before making posts about the patch not fixing what it has been stated to fix?

How did you get 'center the pipper' from this description released with the patch:
"Fixed Bf. 109 gunsight misalignment;"

How can you interpret fixed... misalignment as changing the shift F1 functionality? What is currently still misaligned that needs fixing? Shift F1 isn't misaligned or needing fixing it isn't broken, it might not be what people want but it's not broken.

Someone owes someone an apology. The devs are working through their holidays and this is the thanks they get? RTFD! Get your facts straight before you point fingers.

jf1981
05-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Have the sense they're making the game playable and stable ATM.
It's on good way aparently.
Bugs are numerous but when it's flyable, already a great step.

pupaxx
05-06-2011, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=xnomad;279254]..Someone owes someone an apology. The devs are working through their holidays and this is the thanks they get? ...QUOTE]

with all my true affection, regard and support to devs most of us payed to be an end user of their product not to be a beta-tester! So in my profession I'm usual to work on holidays and weekend to fulfill my obligations to tmy clients.
I'm becoming a little tired to say ''Thanks alot!, Great team, Great work, Thanks again!'' at every nonworking_beta-patch release'. I think it's time for some externation as: ''The devs team deeply apologise for failing in achive the expected results, we are terribly sorry and we'll support all the customer who bought our unfinished product as best as we can. Thanks, thanks again!''
Cheers

Rattlehead
05-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Please, let's not go there again...:)
It only leads to more arguments.

xnomad
05-06-2011, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=xnomad;279254]..Someone owes someone an apology. The devs are working through their holidays and this is the thanks they get? ...QUOTE]

with all my true affection, regard and support to devs most of us payed to be an end user of their product not to be a beta-tester! So in my profession I'm usual to work on holidays and weekend to fulfill my obligations to tmy clients.
I'm becoming a little tired to say ''Thanks alot!, Great team, Great work, Thanks again!'' at every nonworking_beta-patch release'. I think it's time to some externation as: ''The devs team deeply apologise for failing in achive the expected results, we are terribly sorry and we'll support all the customer who bought our unfinished product as best as we can. Thanks, thanks again!''
Cheers

Don't lump me in with the fan boys. You don't see me posting "Thanks alot (sic), Great team, Great work, Thanks again!". What I was trying to get across is that they are working on it and this is a beta patch for a reason. Instead of having a proper bug report that is constructive, to the point and would help the devs, the thread appears to be nothing but complaints with no facts or helpful information to back them up.

I'm certain that the problems are not each developers fault, it's a management cock up. If my bosses cock up and I have to work on a weekend then I don't expect the customers to have a go at me either. They know there are problems, they are working on it, what more can they do? Not sleep at all?

In all honesty, without wearing rose tinted glasses I am enjoying the game. I have not had any problems running the game on great settings since day 1. I've had a bug here and there but nothing show stopping and I've clocked up 50 hours on it. So from my point of view when the devs work through their holidays for the $50 bucks I've paid, I respect their efforts. You make me work 1 hour overtime I'll charge you way more than $50 so I feel my moneys well spent.

Example Portal 2, downloaded, loved it finished it in 8 hours paid $50. COD $50 still playing 50 hours and still going; I can't complain I didn't get my money's worth.

Anyway this is another pointless thread that gets nowhere. I remember 6 months back everybody screaming, just release it we don't care if it's beta we'll play it anyway.

Oh and with the someone owes someone an apology I meant Smink to Remo not to the devs, but an edit messed that up.

pupaxx
05-06-2011, 11:13 AM
@xnomad

I apologize with u, I admit my post was an automatic and instinctive response to your sentence ...'The devs are working through their holidays and this is the thanks they get?'... sentence I read at first glance in this thead without considering what was said before.
Regarding people who blindly thanks and are gratefull for last patch I was referring at me 'in primis' cause until last patch I was among them and sincerely.
Yes, perhaps I'm contributing to a fruitless waffle, but this shoud be representative of a widespread feeling of discontent. Devs should take into account a mass of discontent customers. I bought Clod glad for what I got with my money, I enjoy this game (vanilla version) with no terrific limitations hoping in a future tuning; at regard of outpouring I think some pressure should be practiced (within the bounds of good manners).
Last moaning 4 me
Sincerely, Pupaxx
:( Ciao

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah,it is frustrating,the one bug that really needs priority is the 'commands',they're still not fixed,and at the moment because you can't detail them to do anything,your flight just follow you around like the rats in the Pied Piper.

pupaxx
05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Do u want to know what is really frustrating? well, after so many years waiting for CloD release finally ...Here we go!!! CloD bithday coincides with my first newborn daughter birthday! Yes, now mostly I fly baby diaper/nappies :( (they also are brown/green camouflaged), she too cough if upside down (she don't like negative G at all) and screems like a diving stuka!
And the nights... wow! Are a continuos air raids alarm with no shelter to go in.
End of story, only 20 hours spent in Clod!.

:grin::grin::grin:

Langnasen
05-06-2011, 12:21 PM
do u want to know what is really frustrating? Well, after so many years waiting for clod release finally ...here we go!!! Clod bithday coincides with my first newborn daughter birthday! Yes, now mostly i fly baby diaper/nappies :( (they also are brown/green camouflaged), she too cough if upside down (she don't like negative g at all) and screems like a diving stuka!
And the nights... Wow! Are a continuos air raids alarm with no shelter to go in.
End of story, only 20 hours spent in clod!.

:lol:

W0ef
05-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Do u want to know what is really frustrating? well, after so many years waiting for CloD release finally ...Here we go!!! CloD bithday coincides with my first newborn daughter birthday! Yes, now mostly I fly baby diaper/nappies :( (they also are brown/green camouflaged), she too cough if upside down (she don't like negative G at all) and screems like a diving stuka!
And the nights... wow! Are a continuos air raids alarm with no shelter to go in.
End of story, only 20 hours spent in Clod!.

rofl, first time I ever see someone compare his newborn to a stuka, classic! :)

Rattlehead
05-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Example Portal 2, downloaded, loved it finished it in 8 hours paid $50. COD $50 still playing 50 hours and still going; I can't complain I didn't get my money's worth.

I agree. Unless you're a online player, very few games today give you 50+ hours of entertainment. There are a few, but not many.
I've had my money's worth already, and there's a lot more to come.

W0ef
05-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I agree. Unless you're a online player, very few games today give you 50+ hours of entertainment. There are a few, but not many.
I've had my money's worth already, and there's a lot more to come.

Just playing with the conf.ini gave me my money worth already. I think I´m actually addicted to tweaking this game even more then actually playing it o O.

And now I found some IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 conf.ini and it made me wonder if some of it´s settings would work in CoD. Probably not but they do look quite similar so I will play with that tonight :P

Zoom2136
05-06-2011, 02:16 PM

Buy an history book, its not supposed to be centered. ;)

Seen its been answered before...

Rattlehead
05-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Just playing with the conf.ini gave me my money worth already. I think I´m actually addicted to tweaking this game even more then actually playing it o O.

:lol: So do you mean that if the game was perfect, you probably wouldn't play it?