PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation.

Langnasen
05-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Set your game back to the official patch version before trying new beta patches. I'm not saying it'll work for everyone but it made a hell of a difference for me.

BadAim
05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah, me too. Much better.

W0ef
05-05-2011, 01:40 PM
So you synchronize your game files through steam before applying the patch?

Sounds interesting for sure, can´t wait to get home and try it.

Langnasen
05-05-2011, 02:42 PM
So you synchronize your game files through steam before applying the patch?

Sounds interesting for sure, can´t wait to get home and try it.

It's the "Verify integrity of game files" option in Steam. When the scan finds you have un-official components (beta patch files) it re-downloads the official stuff and sets your game back to how it was on the last Steam update. THEN you apply the latest patch, though I ran the official version first and then deleted the cache before applying the latest patch.

MadTommy
05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Set your game back to the official patch version before trying new beta patches. I'm not saying it'll work for everyone but it made a hell of a difference for me.

:)

Just Do It!!

This helps a lot.

Rattlehead
05-05-2011, 04:41 PM
We need a sticky 'what to do' thread when applying beta patches. I fear threads like this, useful as they are, will sink and not enough people will read them.
And on and on we'll go...

W0ef
05-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Right, so let's recap and go through the steps:

1) Open steam, go to library, right click Cliffs of Dover, Select Properties and go to Local Files tab, click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache and let it run and download.

2) Go to \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\ and delete everything in the main folder, keep the shaders folder but delete everything inside.

3) If you want to be sure your conf.ini is set to default just delete it in \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ and it should make a new one next time you start up the game, you have to set your video settings again first time you start the game.

4) Download the latest patch and extract it to your desktop, then cut and paste all folders to \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ selecting yes on any request to overwrite and copy and replace otherwise.

5) For ATI users go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI\ and rename the intro.wmv to something different or just delete it, just be careful as it might affect VAC cheat protection in the future when playing online, so far there seems to be no problem to do this though.

Langnasen
05-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Right, so let's recap and go through the steps:

1) Open steam, go to library, right click Cliffs of Dover, Select Properties and go to Local Files tab, click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache and let it run and download.

2) Go to \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\ and delete everything in the main folder, keep the shaders folder but delete everything inside.

3) If you want to be sure your conf.ini is set to default just delete it in \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ and it should make a new one next time you start up the game, you have to set your video settings again first time you start the game.

4) Download the latest patch and extract it to your desktop, then cut and paste all folders to \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ selecting yes on any request to overwrite and copy and replace otherwise.

5) For ATI users go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI\ and rename the intro.wmv to something different or just delete it, just be careful as it might affect VAC cheat protection in the future when playing online, so far there seems to be no problem to do this though.

Delete the entire cache folder. :)

W0ef
05-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Delete the entire cache folder. :)

Erm, right, or that :-P

General gest is pretty much fine though innit?

Langnasen
05-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Erm, right, or that :-P

General gest is pretty much fine though innit?

Yes, though I ran the Steam updated version first just to make sure anything that needed to bite had bitten. :D

Ataros
05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
To avoid stutters defragment gamefiles after every patch. I use Gamebooster for this. It is free and works beter than Steam defrag.

Patch files are usually installed fragmented and this adds stutters. The more patches you install the more stutters you have if you do not defrag.