05-05-2011, 11:08 AM
ctrl+e doesnt work

what keys do i use?

reflected
05-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Open the canopy first ;)

BigPickle
05-06-2011, 08:43 AM
http://www.confidenceinsideout.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/250pxFelix_CatHaha_svg.png

Funny thing is when i was going to type in the default key press i didnt even think of that

SNAFU
05-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Parashooting isn´t the nice style, but as far as I know, does neither the parachutes, nor the parachuter have any damagemodel?

kristorf
05-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Parashooting isn´t the nice style, but as far as I know, does neither the parachutes, nor the parachuter have any damagemodel?

On several occasions I have hit the dirt with a 'parachute failed to open message'

The little man drops then tries to pull the cord, nothing happens and you see him windmilling his arms as if in panic, then SPLAT, end-ex

Redroach
05-06-2011, 01:47 PM
parashooting is legitimate business on raf pilots over england.
On germans over england, though, it's a breach of the geneva convention.

Babi
05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
regarding bailing out, i can't bail out when i'm very low (< 25 m).. is this supposed to be a feature? i open/jettison the canopy and hit ctrl-e... but nothing happens. almost feels like the pilot is thinking: "screw you! i'm not doing it!"
If i gain an acceptable altitude, and hit ctrl-e again, it works perfectly fine.

1./JG2_Miller
05-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Babi you're right. Your pilot thinks: "Screw you, i won't jump out at 25m and hit the ground like a Kamikazefighter seeing the USS Hornet with 16 B-25's onboard." And honestly i guess you wouldn't want to do it in real life either. :)

Babi
05-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Sure i wouldn't want to do it in real life! BUT, being my virtual life we're speaking about, i claim my right to decide when where and how to bail out! :-P
Is it possible to attempt a bail out at 10 m, going at 300 kmh in real life? Hell yes. Should i survive said attempt? Hell no, but that's just my problem :grin:

Jebus23
05-07-2011, 02:47 AM
In case you think control-e opens the parachute it doesn't. make sure you equip your pilot with a chute in the menu... just sayin in case you ment you opened the canopy and jumped but he wont open the chute.

kristorf
05-07-2011, 07:35 AM
He will jump, just gets to the ground a lot quicker......

With the bail outs, I wonder if G-Forces are modelled, by that I mean that if the A/C is going to fast you can't get out due to wind pressure pushing you into the cockpit etc?

Redroach
05-07-2011, 07:44 AM
By the way: These things (or related ones) were already modelled in Il-2 1946. I had major problems getting my pilot alter ego to bail out when my plane was already plummeting downwards in excess of 700 km/h ^-^

raaaid
05-07-2011, 01:39 PM
well according bernuoilli if a fluid moves too fast it creates a subpresure

so according bernuoilli it should be pretty easy to bail out at high speed

the higher the speed the more the vacuum :) the easier to jump :)

edit:

also according the 33 years i have of studies if the plane goes fast enough the subpresure will be so big that the pilot will need oxigen in the empty cockpit

edit:

just to realize how strong this vacuum force and with which force the parashoot is expeeled watch:

a hoollywood movie at which the baddie makes a hole in the plane with a bullet :)

2033cyborg
05-07-2011, 02:51 PM
is there more than one way to bail out in COD?

look at that pilot animation! anyone actually saw it in a gameplay??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj7nEL1ekzM

Fusek
05-07-2011, 04:30 PM
He will jump, just gets to the ground a lot quicker......

With the bail outs, I wonder if G-Forces are modelled, by that I mean that if the A/C is going to fast you can't get out due to wind pressure pushing you into the cockpit etc?

I would guess it does,because IL2 has it as well.

[QUOTE=2033cyborg;279911]is there more than one way to bail out in COD?

look at that pilot animation! anyone actually saw it in a gameplay??

Apparently, most pilot animations are disabled at the time. For instance I can't bail out on the ground, which is highly annoying when you've just landed your burning airplane and want to GTFO!

raaaid
05-07-2011, 05:44 PM
in the case none noticed:

i was joking ;)

kristorf
05-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I notice the parashoot, but as so many peeps don't have English as a first language, and spelin can be apauling 4 thos who du I faut it mite be a proper questshun

JG14_Jagr
05-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Make sure you have a parachute in game.. and make sure you don't have any excessive forces on the pilot.. tight spins etc prevent bailing..

klem
05-09-2011, 07:20 AM
parashooting is legitimate business on raf pilots over england.
On germans over england, though, it's a breach of the geneva convention.

We don't need to shoot you in your parachute. We're waiting on the ground with pitchforks :D

"They don't like it up em"

kristorf
05-09-2011, 09:46 AM
We don't need to shoot you in your parachute. We're waiting on the ground with pitchforks :D

"They don't like it up em"

"Don't panic......."