PDA

View Full Version : Launcher.exe il2 vs A-10C problem

janpitor
05-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi,

does anyone have the same problem as me?...

Anytime I try to add launcher.exe to nvidia control pannel, it has an icon of A-10C as if it wasnt created and only the profile for A-10 appears. Yesterday I tried to delete the A-10 profile and then create a new profile for il2 launcher. Set AA16AF16 and clicked apply. Then I flew a mission in il2. Afterwards in nvidia control pannel the new profile had again the icon of A-10C.

I wonder if it is a problem of same filename or il2 just isnt recognized.
What program do you use to force aa and af on nvidia cards?

Thanks

von Pilsner
05-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Mine picks up WoP Launcher.exe for the icon. ;)

I either use the default nVidia control panel application or nVidia Inspector to force settings for specific programs.

janpitor
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Does nvidia inspector work for forcing anything in COD?
I would be curious if somebody has A-10C and WOP if there is the same problem...maybe it is time to call program executables by game name.

Langnasen
05-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't have any problem getting the Nvidia CP to accept the CoD launcher.exe (I have only one other game on this drive, RoF), just that nothing I set in the CP has the slightest effect in the game. Zero FSAA, zero AF.

Herbs107
05-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I also get the Lockon FC2 in NCP when selecting CLOD?

MadTommy
05-05-2011, 12:34 PM
I have all these sims.. but do not have this problem.

However the CloD launcher.exe does not seem to affect the game...

skarden
05-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Yep I have the same problem,although for me it shows up as the FC 2 icon,I do have DCS:A-10 installed and when I added that to the Nvidia CP list it comes up as black shark only with A-10 icon :/ I suspect it's a Nvidia problem.hopefully it can fixed in future drivers.

Wolf_Rider
05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I get the FC2 Launcher.exe Icon, when setting for COD Launcher.exe.

I have the full series onboard (Lockon, FC2, Blackshark and A10-C 64bit only )

If the place where the profiles are stored could be found, it may be possible to check which path is really used.
I found them once, a while back, but can't for the life of locate them now.

janpitor
05-05-2011, 01:47 PM
I will try and see if I could figure something out...seems it is a rather widespread problem. maybe ill try nvidia inspector?

Raggz
05-05-2011, 02:34 PM
It's because the games uses the same name for the exe file. This means that all these games will use the same settings in the control panel.

von Pilsner
05-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Does nvidia inspector work for forcing anything in COD?
You can add and remove exe names from profiles, create profiles, and enable/disable extension limit (removed from nVidia driver a while back), mostly it lets you tweak the game profiles with a few different options that you get with the default nVidia Control Panel app (so you could force AA, anisotropy, vsync, tripplebuffer, etc... however you could do this with default nVidia app as well). I mostly use it for overclocking my video card and changing the extension limit setting so some old games will work better with Win7.

http://bs.beckament.net/files_pub/FlightSim/pics-util/nvidiainspector.jpg

...maybe it is time to call program executables by game name.
And for devs to stop calling all game loaders 'launcher.exe'. ;)

Wolf_Rider
05-06-2011, 06:22 AM
It's because the games uses the same name for the exe file. This means that all these games will use the same settings in the control panel.

okay... so setting the COD Launcher.exe settings would trigger when running the DCS Lockon 2/ Blackshark/ A10-C Launcher. exe then a switcheroo would happen when the Lockon/ Blackshark/ A10-C. launcher kicks the particular Lockon/ Blackshark/ A10-C simulator.exe, as set in their profile in?

in effect

desktop

[switch to]

launcher.exe

for

COD

or

desktop

[switch to]

launcher.exe

[switch to]

Simulator.exe

for

Lockon 2/ Blackshark/ A10-C

(nice if the formatting would hold, easier to see and understand as branches)

better to just go with a dedicated path trigger, wouldn't it??

I tried the inspector, my A/V caught a file.exe in the wrong place and stomped on it

von Pilsner
05-06-2011, 06:51 AM
in effect

desktop

[switch to]

launcher.exe

for

COD

or

desktop

[switch to]

launcher.exe

[switch to]

Simulator.exe

for

Lockon 2/ Blackshark/ A10-C

Exactly.

better to just go with a dedicated path trigger, wouldn't it??

I agree.

I tried the inspector, my A/V caught a file.exe in the wrong place and stomped on it

I guess I better check my copy and run a full scan tonight...

Wolf_Rider
05-06-2011, 06:55 AM
it was in the update (blue link at the bottom of the front app page) link thingy - "new version available - Update here"

MadTommy
05-06-2011, 08:39 AM
What works for me is in A10c DCS (x64) use the DCS.exe and in CloD use the launcher.exe.

I have two profiles that work separately.

janpitor
05-06-2011, 08:56 AM
I tried that, deleted launcher profile and made new for cod...no joy...it reappeared as A-10 launcher...if i have time iĺl try inspector in the evening

Wolf_Rider
05-06-2011, 09:20 AM
What works for me is in A10c DCS (x64) use the DCS.exe and in CloD use the launcher.exe.

I have two profiles that work separately.

which Icon comes up for Launcher.exe in the nVidia profile?

MadTommy
05-06-2011, 10:34 AM
which Icon comes up for Launcher.exe in the nVidia profile?

When I 1st added the CloD icon is present... when i close the control panel and open is again there is just the generic one.