PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate rolled back to Beta 1

Blackrat
05-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Just experimenting here, seems the players planes despawn again, I have joined with my client patched to the latest beta so that doesn't seem to be a problem.

If you join please note if you have lag, FPS issues, AI fighters, stutters, new graphic anomalies especially if you were on when I upgraded to the latest patch and experienced the state it was then.

Hopefully it was just the tweaks in the dedicated server code in the latest patch which caused these problems we experienced last night, this way we can hopefully ascertain if that is the case for the Devs.

If you want to roll back your own client all you need to do is go to the Steam library, right click on properties, local files tab and verify integrity. This will find corrupt files (the beta files) and redownload the official files. Saves downloading the whole game again. Then delete the shaders cache in my documents and apply whichever Beta patch you prefer if any. You should be able to join any servers regardless of Beta state.

Blackdog_kt
05-05-2011, 01:53 PM
I think that just because people with different versions can join doesn't make them compatible. I can't seem to find the relevant link, but in one of Luthier's posts it was mentioned that if people with different beta versions fly on a server that's running another version they will be able to connect fine but all sorts of weird things will happen.

I have a feeling that many of the problems people face is due to this. We've had three beta patches since the last official patch and there's people running all of them, this is something that could greatly influence and skew the perspective and your testing results.

Speaking for myself, i refrain from joining any MP servers until the next official patch because i think i'll cause more trouble than provide valuable feedback due to the reasons above. It might be beneficial to politely insist that the guys flying on your server use the same version it is using to minimize potential issues.

I hope you understand what i mean, not trying to play smart here, just remembered that post by Luthier and thought i might save you some trouble ;)

Troll2k
05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
With all IL2 versions up to and including 1946 only like versions(the same version number as the server) could join a server.

I am surprised that different version numbers could even connect.Maybe it is a Steam thing.

Formula88
05-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Please post the version number you are running either in the server information section or in the server title itself so everyone will know what patch they should have installed, thanks.

Flashman
05-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Please post the version number you are running either in the server information section or in the server title itself so everyone will know what patch they should have installed, thanks.

Thats not a bad idea, we will see what we can do. You can join with a different beta patch but you may have issues.

Urufu_Shinjiro
05-06-2011, 09:22 PM
With all IL2 versions up to and including 1946 only like versions(the same version number as the server) could join a server.

I am surprised that different version numbers could even connect.Maybe it is a Steam thing.

Well, it's not so much a steam thing as it was assumed since Steam keeps all clients on the latest patch there would be no need for a version check I guess. I don't think beta patches were anticipated when writing that part of the code since the need for beta patches was last minute, i.e. forced early release.

wildwillie
05-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Yes there are issues with clients and server running different versions of the patches. IMHO the game should check this 1st thing and notify the client of which version the server is running and disallow any client that does not match the server.

Adding the server version info to the server name would help players know which version they need.

I know the last few times I was on the SYND server and spawned in a 110 my right engine was spooled up without sound and I was unable to start any of the engines.

Unfortunatly I am still unable to get my server to show on the list even after a fresh install today.

RAF238thWildWillie

Blackrat
05-07-2011, 09:32 AM
I know the last few times I was on the SYND server and spawned in a 110 my right engine was spooled up without sound and I was unable to start any of the engines.

RAF238thWildWillie

That was a bug we found with the last two patches I think it was, may even be just the last one, Flashman did some testing, it wasn't until we rolled the client back to Beta 1 that it disappeared, but we didn't try and run on the latest patch server in that configuration. So I don't think that is a cause of different patches more a new bug.

Flashman
05-07-2011, 04:37 PM
The BF110 error was seemingly caused by 14315 beta patch (this is the 2nd beta since last official patch). We have rolled the server back to 14214 beta patch (the first after the last official patch and includes Vsync) as this is the most stable. The latest beta just isn't user friendly enough for MP (even though it fixes the Bf110)

If you join our server and your client is patched to 14214 then the bf110 should work fine.

Please note: to roll back your game to a certain patch I suggest the following: Go into steam>righ click on CloD>properties>local files and then click 'Verify integrity of game cahce'.

this will likely foind 26 or 33 'errors' (i.e. the beta patch files). Click repair and you should then be back at the last official patch. Then apply whichever beta you prefer.

For Syndicate use 14214 for maximum compatibility, though the other patches will give you access but with possible problems (such as the bf110 issue).

We don't like messing about with the patches TBH, however at the moment stability of the server is paramount to give people an opportunity to fly online. We have tried other missions but again, these introduce issues which we havent't managed to sort (or in the case of my mission I haven't the time ATM!). As such for stability we are running the same mission continuously. We will try and intorduce new missions, however there is the risk they won't work and the server needs to be restarted.... such is life trying to make missions for a new game!

JG14_Jagr
05-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Is the Syndicate server running Beta 1 still? Are you seeing the micro stutters that are in Beta 2?