PDA

View Full Version : Physical Weathering (FMB & Plane options)

41Sqn_Banks
05-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Has anyone managed to set the physical (not visual!) weathering in the Plane options prior a mission?
How to set the physical (not visual!) weathering in the FMB (or maybe by editing the *.mis file)?

Stublerone
05-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Replied on that older post, because I would like to no more details about the weather in CloD. I am still not really flying, because I am waiting for the patch.

What is the current state of the weather feature and its physical and optical effects on the plane (wind, rain, etc)?

I think, that this is also missing and we currently don't know, when and IF we will get a dynamic weather. I would like to also write this topic down in il2bugtracker, but first I would like to get facts and perhaps your opinion. I heard, that there was once some sort of weathering effect in the release.

Will it be reactivated soon, as performance issues will be fixed? Or is it currently dead?

This is also an essential thing for flightsims nowadays and also a milestone, where a sim can proove its great possibilities.

What about optical effects, like the well made rain effects in ROF? The battle of britain will also generate imersion, if it is sometimes a little rainy or foggy with some water collecting on the plane or the windows. Or what about the sequel and the winter weather effects and all the air simulations with different temperatures, etc. ?

Stublerone
05-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Just would like to see some answers, opinions... :)

salmo
05-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Dynamic weather is already working in-game. Online servers are not using cloud formations because of hits to fps.

See http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29895&highlight=weather+cloud

von Brühl
05-06-2012, 06:32 AM
I don't believe it's dynamic, can't really run it long enough to tell. From my understanding of early posts by 1c, it's static weather formations, they couldn't get the dynamics to run either. Probably look through the posts around Feb/March 2011 to find Luthier's exact statements about it.

salmo
05-06-2012, 06:37 AM
I don't believe it's dynamic, can't really run it long enough to tell. From my understanding of early posts by 1c, it's static weather formations, they couldn't get the dynamics to run either. Probably look through the posts around Feb/March 2011 to find Luthier's exact statements about it.

I can run full setting on my machine. I have authored missions where clouds move horizontaly & verticaly, fmb weather cells move as cloud fronts in the direction of the prevailing wind during a battle & you can set wind velocities at various heights & directions within the cell.