PDA

View Full Version : Luthier an update for Spitfire-Hurricane-Me 109 performance

ivo
05-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Bye Luthier and thanks a lot for your hard work whit beta patch.
However I guess that the performance of the Spitfire-Hurricane and Me 109
are very very important in CoD. I wish that this coming soon:

Spitfire: better climb-rate and use fuel 100 octane with +12 lbs/sq.in.

Hurricane: the same thing

Me 109: beter climb and speed.

Radio comunication

I have read many old book about Battle of England, and in the real life the plane flyed at 25,000/30,000 feet instead in the sim is very difficult arrive at 20,000. Correct it is very important for a historical simulation...

Bye everybody.:-)

TUCKIE_JG52
05-05-2011, 08:47 AM
At which ambient pressure and temperature did you made the tests? Did you correct the results with some standard athmosfere?

Most of the scenarios has a really low ambient pressure, we'll never reach the data on the performance tests, because that data is corrected to standarize ambien conditions that really affect performances like climb rate a lot.

Also, ambient conditions are random even in the same mission launched several times. You'll never get the same exact data if pressure and temperature are different!

ivo
05-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Bye I'm don't share, inthe game the performance are wrong, that is the true.
It had been written in many many post on this forum.
This is the difference between a very good game (like want to be CoD)
and a console game.
Read here please:http://www.spitfireperformance.com/spit1vrs109e
I can't copy here, but there is explained very well.
without uncertain... I hope it will be done soon.

Bye Ivo.

Rickusty
05-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Please add the Fiat G.50 (and its missing "+100" WEP power) to the list...:o

ChrisDNT
05-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Same old story : "turn and burn" aircrafts get a little bonus against the "boom and zoom" fighters.

Prepare to be entertained when the Spit V will follow in a dive the 190A, which, of course, will lose its energy, even before its pilot thinks to make a turn.

ChrisDNT
05-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I can already hear the "got charts?", "you is wrong", "books are wrong", "did you fly the aircraft?" and "use the correct tactics" standard objections.

Langnasen
05-05-2011, 05:24 PM
That lot is one of the reasons I fly the 110. Doesn't matter if the fighters have been ubered/nerfed, the 110 would still be crap against them regardless. Sneak and avoid combat and drop bombs on stuff. :D

TUCKIE_JG52
05-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Bye I'm don't share, inthe game the performance are wrong, that is the true.
It had been written in many many post on this forum.
This is the difference between a very good game (like want to be CoD)
and a console game.
Read here please:http://www.spitfireperformance.com/spit1vrs109e
I can't copy here, but there is explained very well.
without uncertain... I hope it will be done soon.

Bye Ivo.

Interesting link, but...

The only fact is that I haven't seen a single CoD's chart corrected by pressure and temperature to match the same conditions of a real one.

A test of a same plane cannot be compared to another if the contitions are not the same.

Different air, different performances;
A)-Hottest air and/or low pressure --> Poor climbing for all.
B)-Coldest air and/or higher pressure --> Better climbing for all.

Some real Bf-109 test (at Rechlin I mean) were made in B conditions --> good performance--> good chart

But in CoD, most sceneries have A conditions --> poor performance --> not good chart.

but don't worry, ambient conditions affect all planes... you simply are unaware of the different pressure outside your plane every time you launch a mission.

Try it; land a Ju-88 in a beach, stop, set altimeter to zero and read pressure from the Kollsman window. Repeat it some times. Every flight in CoD has a different outside pressure.

Al Schlageter
05-06-2011, 04:06 AM
What kind of differences in speed and climb rate are you talking about Tuckie? Are they within 5% of the manufacturers given numbers?

ivo
05-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Yes, Tuckie you are right, is evident that the performances are different with different weather condition. But the really problem is that, in CoD you never have the real performaces and this is not correct and no real.
Is true that the more FSP and less FSP or to have stability in multyplayer game are important, but is more important to have a real performances whit the airplanes so to have a hard simulation, do you remenber the old Falcon4?
It was a legend and the Cod must be the same thing.
I hope that the programmers correct the performance...

Bye Ivo.