PDA

View Full Version : Large sections of terrain now 'underwater' (latest patch)

MadTommy
05-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Since the last patch i'm seeing large areas of terrain underwater.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9434/unled1large.jpg

France & England are affected. It does not appear when you 1st take off, but appears after being in the air for some time. Altitude does not affect it, if you fly at tree top level you can see the grass poking through the water.

I cleared my cache. My colleague also noticed the same problems.

Problem has appear since the latest patch and covers very large areas of countryside.

janpitor
05-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I noticed the same in england.

epoch
05-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Yup I'm getting this also.

I believe the Germans flooded certain areas during WW2, but not Kent!

W0ef
05-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Did you try installing the latest patch following these steps?

1) Open steam, go to library, right click Cliffs of Dover, Select Properties and go to Local Files tab, click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache and let it run and download.

2) Go to \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\ and delete everything in the main folder, keep the shaders folder but delete everything inside.

3) If you want to be sure your conf.ini is set to default just delete it in \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ and it should make a new one next time you start up the game, you have to set your video settings again first time you start the game.

4) Download the latest patch and extract it to your desktop, then cut and paste all folders to \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ selecting yes on any request to overwrite and copy and replace otherwise.

5) For ATI users go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\GUI\ and rename the intro.wmv to something different or just delete it, just be careful as it might affect VAC cheat protection in the future when playing online, so far there seems to be no problem to do this though.

Always best to start from a clean point, I also had graphical bugs like yours but following these steps cleared it for me and made the game run smoother overall.

Hope it helps.

MadTommy
05-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Yes i did... i'm only seeing it in MP not SP.. which seems odd.

I cleared my cache and rolled back to the last official patch and reinstalled.

W0ef
05-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Well, MP is a bit icky right now.

Are you sure the server you played on ran the same patch version as you? Many (like SYN server for instance) rolled back to the previous beta patch but you can still connect even if your version and the server version do not match.

With what you just said about it being MP specific it sounds to me like this is one of the bugs that could be caused by the server and client running two different patch versions.

MadTommy
05-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Well, MP is a bit icky right now.

Are you sure the server you played on ran the same patch version as you? Many (like SYN server for instance) rolled back to the previous beta patch but you can still connect even if your version and the server version do not match.

With what you just said about it being MP specific it sounds to me like this is one of the bugs that could be caused by the server and client running two different patch versions.

Without a doubt the same version and the server also went through the same fresh install... it was my community's server, hence why i'm sure. (Tactics & Teamwork)

Thanks away for your input. :)

W0ef
05-06-2011, 12:50 PM
That sucks..Last thing I could suggest is deleting your conf.ini in your documents\1c SoftClub folder if you havent done so yet. Then delete your cache again and see if it helps.

Otherwise it seems you´re stuck doing what most other servers did, roll back to the previous beta.

Extreme_One
05-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah something similar happens to me too on occasion. :(

W0ef
05-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah something similar happens to me too on occasion. :(

Ah, I have seen that bug myself in the past.

Stale question but did you follow all the steps I mentioned above?

If not, try them please, even if it´s only the conf.ini you didn´t delete follow them all again. See if it still happens after.

Extreme_One
05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Ah, I have seen that bug myself in the past.

Stale question but did you follow all the steps I mentioned above?

If not, try them please, even if it´s only the conf.ini you didn´t delete follow them all again. See if it still happens after.

Yeah I have done all the recommended; deleted conf.ini, deleted contents of cache folders, installed Beta patch over latest official Steam install.

warbirds
05-06-2011, 08:35 PM
I get this in single player all the time. Patch installed correctly, cash deleted, new config.