PDA

View Full Version : No DRM release.

axegrinder
05-05-2011, 01:14 AM
I just picked up a copy of Armored Princess/ Crossworlds in Walmart (USA)that has NO drm whatever.This release is already patched to the current version so none needed. A great game, now even better without that Starforce nonsense. Enjoy! :cool:

ckdamascus
05-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I just picked up a copy of Armored Princess/ Crossworlds in Walmart (USA)that has NO drm whatever.This release is already patched to the current version so none needed. A great game, now even better without that Starforce nonsense. Enjoy! :cool:

I've seen the boxed version of Armored Princess, but I think my current Armored Princess from downloads does not have DRM either.

Are you sure your box says Crossworlds on it?

axegrinder
05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
It has Armored Princess and Bonus expansion Crossworlds on the cover.

Xuio
05-05-2011, 05:05 PM
axegrinder, could You upload photo of the front cover? There are too many versions to follow...

axegrinder
05-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I can't find a picture of the box. The Walmart site doesn't list the game either even though it appears to be a Walmart exclusive release. The box shows the princess on the left side and a winged fairy being held by a dragon on the right. The publisher is THQ but draw a blank there too.

Metathron
05-06-2011, 03:19 PM
All I could find was this: http://www.walmart.ca/Video-Games/PC-Games/Role-Playing/Kings-Bounty-Armored-Princess-PC

gimpz
07-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Why do you want a copy without DRM?

Mygaffer
01-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Why do you want a copy without DRM?

Seriously? How about not having limited activations? How about not having BS software installed silently on your computer like Starforce. How about being able to play and use the game you paid for whether or not you have an Internet connection. DRM is bullshit. If they MUST put some in then make it enough to prevent the so called "casual copy" of friends lending to friends. Simple key check and nonburnable DVD.

The games STILL get pirated no matter what you do so why inconvenience the actual paying customers? I bought King's Bounty TL on Steam AND GOG.com. I bought Crossworlds on Steam, if it was availble on gog.com I would buy a copy there. Why isn't it on gog.com?!

Please put King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North on gog.com, I will buy it!

Blah Blah
02-06-2012, 07:25 PM
For those who (like myself) are interested in finding this DRM-free release, it seems it's finally up on ebay and amazon.com. Here's the front box art:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31pY%2BEFWMvL._AA160_.jpg

WhatTheHell
02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
So what about the rest of the world? We still can't remove the DRM with some patch or something?! That's ridiculous... I just bought the game and searched the web for the DRM. If I knew it beforehand, I wouldn't have bought it. I feel cheated. Someone out there is pirating the game and installing/uninstalling it as much as he wants and we get these retarded limitations. How is this fair? At least if there was DRM for the starting release date, I would approve. But after it has been proven that the DRM can't stop the pirates, remove it from the game for gods sake.:mad:

I'll never buy 1C game anymore if you don't remove this shit. Thanks for ******* up your fans!

OGKingsBounty92
04-18-2012, 10:13 PM
So what about the rest of the world? We still can't remove the DRM with some patch or something?! That's ridiculous... I just bought the game and searched the web for the DRM. If I knew it beforehand, I wouldn't have bought it. I feel cheated. Someone out there is pirating the game and installing/uninstalling it as much as he wants and we get these retarded limitations. How is this fair? At least if there was DRM for the starting release date, I would approve. But after it has been proven that the DRM can't stop the pirates, remove it from the game for gods sake.:mad:

I'll never buy 1C game anymore if you don't remove this shit. Thanks for ******* up your fans!

I found out they had KB The Legend on GOG and they're DRM free. I bought the gamer's gate edition and deleted it right after I found out there was a DRM free edition. I agree 100% it stops nothing and I see it all the time since my friend pirates all his games and movies. It's becoming more and more tempting since these same companies are pushing us towards that. I pay with my money and they put limitations and garbage on what I buy? Last time I buy a stupid product with all the limitations and meaningless crap.