How many patches now?, and the same old ati crap
Still get the 3 blue lines using dx10 mode, so have to revert back to dx9
Same pig ugly Jaggies
Seems to me, ATi users have been shafted:(

Forgot to add shimmering tree's and house's

W0ef
05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I feel your pain mate.

Same for me of course, not a surprise since we're pretty much running the same setup.

I managed to somewhat get rid of the jaggies but the shimmering and three blue lines remain.

Fortunately the rest seems to be fine for me, running in fullscreen without probs too so, there's still hope ;)

Rattlehead
05-04-2011, 09:36 PM
And the worst part is it seems to be owners of the 6xxx cards that have gotten the worst of it.
I haven't got any of the problems you guys are mentioning. (5870)

RocketDog
05-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm going to take my 6970, tie it to a brick, and throw it through 1C's office window.

Doc_uk
05-04-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm going to take my 6970, tie it to a brick, and throw it through 1C's office window.I was seriously thinking of trading this card in, for nvidia, but then i thought why should i, ive allready spent alot of money on this build, just to play this game.
Yep just to play this game, and my wife thinks im mad lol:grin:

RocketDog
05-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Same here - I bought mine to have 2 GB of VRAM specifically for this sim. I am not entirely happy to find that top-end ATI cards are effectively unsupported.

Way to go, 1C :rolleyes:

janpitor
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I have GTX 480 and have trees and houses shimmer and jaggies, so it is not only ATI problem...it is a problem of AA. Also the sim is not recognized in nvidia control panel

Doc_uk
05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
I have GTX 480 and have trees and houses shimmer and jaggies, so it is not only ATI problem...it is a problem of AA. Also the sim is not recognized in nvidia control panel
There are alot more ati related problems in these forums than there are nvidia

Doc_uk
05-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I feel your pain mate.

Same for me of course, not a surprise since we're pretty much running the same setup.

I managed to somewhat get rid of the jaggies but the shimmering and three blue lines remain.

Fortunately the rest seems to be fine for me, running in fullscreen without probs too so, there's still hope ;)

Woef, how did you get rid of your jaggies m8 :grin:

Blackrat
05-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Woef, how did you get rid of your jaggies m8 :grin:

Tipex!

;)

Doc_uk
05-04-2011, 10:21 PM
I cant even run in dx10 now, stutters are terrible, and now i get all of this
These large chunks of land disapear the closer i get to them
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7492/shot20110504221225.jpg (http://img832.imageshack.us/i/shot20110504221225.jpg/)
New runways, being built, in the sea, due to a shortage of land

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4351/shot20110504221203.jpg (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/shot20110504221203.jpg/)

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/4815/shot20110504221249.jpg (http://img807.imageshack.us/i/shot20110504221249.jpg/)

ICDP
05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Doc that is not unique to ATI cards. AFAIK the only issue that occurs on ATI/AMD cards that is not on Nvidia is the 3 lines on the horizon. I have read many people stating the new patch has broken their Nvidia card in CoD (stutters and freezes etc).

AMD 5000 and 6000 series cards can run morphological filtering. It gives slightly blurry text but compared to built in AA it looks far better for jaggies and shimmering etc. I have also had soMe success with setting "enhance application setting" for AA in CCC.

Honestly, it is silly to assume your ATI card is the cause for all your problems in CoD. It is the devs who need to finish fixing the graphics engine, remember these beta patches are aimed primarily at optimising the graphhics FPS, there are bound to be issues with them.

A lot of graphical artifacts occur because the devs are tweaking the graphics engine from beta to beta. Clear out your cache folder, delete the entire contents but not the actual folder. It is located here:

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

W0ef
05-04-2011, 10:48 PM
What ICDP says, although I personally do not use morphological filtering, the blurry text is too annoying to compensate any benefit there might be in it and I found it makes thin wires dissapear almost completely.

enhance application settings, Super-Sample AA seems to work the best for me so far.

About the visual bug, no clue what can cause that although I suffered from it before while tweaking conf.ini settings. Maybe copy an untweaked one from your steamapps/etc folder into your documents/1c softclub to see if that helps.

Also maybe clearing the cache could be worth a shot. (also in documents/1c softclub folder)

All shots in the dark though.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Yeah,I'm getting this too Doc,again,I'm an Ati user.I've lost the flickering landscape now,but the stuttering is worse.

Those lines that are appearing,have been there for the last couple of patches for me,I don't know if this is something you've just noticed,but they're not new.

I am in the market for a new card,I was thinking of losing one of my 5570's and replacing it with a brand new 6970,but I just want to see what they're going to do with this game in the way of improving it first.

O_Smiladon
05-05-2011, 03:36 AM
S! My ATI Brethren,

I Have a HD4890 and I will be D/L this beta tonight,

I will report back on my findings, but with the last Beta patch it was not too bad on the FPS a little bit of stutter and the odd micro freezes,

I just hope (and I am sure they will) get this sorted; this sim would be such a crime if it fails.

O_Smiladon

scissorss
05-05-2011, 03:41 AM
I'm not experiencing any of these problems. ?? I run an HD5770.

Wolf_Rider
05-05-2011, 05:11 AM
@ Doc...

kill the mirror [m key]- that's 10 ~ 12 frames/sec just in that alone.... the closer one gets to 60+ fps the smoother the sim becomes

Flanker35M
05-05-2011, 07:30 AM
S!

I run now the latest patch. Very smooth now compared to last beta, except Le Havre industrial complex still destroying the FPS. Only bigger issue is this "three blue lines horizon". But again filling a driver feedback form to AMD about it. Rest is up to Devs and AMD.

Not gonna give up on AMD hardware, just too good bang for the buck.

O_Smiladon
05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
OK here is my take,

I fly with mirror off anyway. Seems to be a little better in free flight over the uk, Not tride London yet, But still get stutters not fluid like the devs want.

Mot sure if I see a diff actully.

O_Smiladon

JG14_Jagr
05-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Same pig ugly Jaggies

Doc,
I have almost exactly your system and while I do get the 3 light blue lines on the horizon, I am not getting shimmering trees or houses And AA is working for me. What are your CCC settings? What conf.ini settings have you changed? When I get home from work I'll post my settings top to bottom so you can try them.. I think the game runs great on the 6970 card.. and while those 3 blue lines can be annoying at certain altitudes they certainly are not a show stopper by any means..

JG14_Jagr
05-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Try this... set your CCC to DEFAULTS... Any alterations you made to the conf.ini restore them to default. Lets try to find a common baseline so we can figure out what is causing your problems..

In game I run settings on HIGH accross the board, and SSAO and the Epilepsy filter OFF I use AA ingame (not forced by the card) I set it to 8X when I fly online, lower if I make really large missions. I never use the mirror in game.. its next to ueless and it eats fps. In defense of 1C, I have never seen mirror implemented in a flight sim that worked well enough to justify their use..in actualy effect or performance loss.

Doc_uk
05-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks for your help guys
Cleared the cache, Like you said :) thanks ICDP
Woef, i Done what you said, Thanks :)
And also started with a clean conf file thanks for that tip
Just done a quick test and even though some of my settings are on medium
Things are starting to look good in Dx10 mode
so thanks for the Tips, and sorry i jumped the gun, abit :)

cunnidc
05-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Scuse my ignorance - how do you get a clean config file?

ICDP
05-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for your help guys
Cleared the cache, Like you said :) thanks ICDP
Woef, i Done what you said, Thanks :)
And also started with a clean conf file thanks for that tip
Just done a quick test and even though some of my settings are on medium
Things are starting to look good in Dx10 mode
so thanks for the Tips, and sorry i jumped the gun, abit :)

No need to aplogise, it is very frustrating when you have a GPU that cost a lot of money and the game you bought it for runs like crap. To be honest I was more worried you would go purchase an Nvidia 570 or 580 thinking this must work now, then find out that the stutters and glitches are still there.

Imagine how you would feel about CoD then :)

Rattlehead
05-05-2011, 11:29 AM
No need to aplogise, it is very frustrating when you have a GPU that cost a lot of money and the game you bought it for runs like crap. To be honest I was more worried you would go purchase an Nvidia 570 or 580 thinking this must work now, then find out that the stutters and glitches are still there.

Imagine how you would feel about CoD then :)

Have you tried the latest patch? If so, is Crossfire working for you?

ICDP
05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Have you tried the latest patch? If so, is Crossfire working for you?

Yes it is working but not without glitches. It is stuttering quite a bit but FPS is higher using two rather than one card (2x 6970s). If I have Vsync enabled I get strange squares on the canopy framing when I move my head.

O_Smiladon
05-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Well no good.
In MP It is unplayable for me,

Going to go back to last patch at least I can fly with that one.

everything that all is saying is happening to me.

ATI pooor performance.

Sad sad sad,

Let hope for the next one eh

O_Smiladon

Flanker35M
05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
S!

AFAIK to get a clean conf.ini is to delete it and then start the game so it creates a new one. Sure you need to adjust screen resolution etc, but other possibly tweaked settings should be gone.

The poor performance or stuttering or graphical glitches are not only AMD related. The "green team" has them as well. IL-2:CoD is the ONLY game of those I have installed with ANY kind of problems or glitches so it boils down to game code as well as drivers. For example I run World Of Tanks maxed out at my native 1920x1200 resolution without a single glitch.

Let's just wait a bit to the game getting patched and file those feedback forms to AMD to get driver updates. Did file today about the blue lines and flickering/stretching shadows. Do the same about CrossFire performance. The more hits they get the more likely we get a response. AMD does not read these forums ;)

Anyways, gonna test a bit more later on and shall see how the next 3 patches or so will shape the game :)

Doc_uk
05-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Scuse my ignorance - how do you get a clean config file?copy and paste the one from
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
To

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Buchon
05-05-2011, 02:31 PM
You still getting blue lines Doc ?

Psycho_Ch!cken
05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Well. The last beta patch had fixed the GPU speed issue for me (6950) but this one breaks it again, even without the Ubi video.

The weird thing is that in Crossfire, my second card powers up, but not the primary. And if I switch to pseudo fullscreen mode, Crossfire doesn't work.

A comedy of errors indeed...

Feros1
05-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Still have not updated to latest beta patch- I'm running really smooth now with all settings maxed except Grass off. Scared to install new patch. My specs are: ASUS P6X58d Premium, ATI 5870 2g Card, 12 Ram, Pentium i7930 OC to 4.0. Very slight stuttering on some areas but nothing really bad. One thing that I did over the weekend was to Flash my Bios which has really helped- *** Caution to anybody that does this - make sure you follow the directions for your motherboard. AA set to 8x. Will keep monitoring/ posting if I can be of help, etc.

Doc_uk
05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
You still getting blue lines Doc ?
Havnt had time to check, im at work, but will report back, this everning

MegOhm
05-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Same pig ugly Jaggies

Wellll.... IL2 1946 UP MOD is pretty awesome with a new Mod about to be released... this gets me through the WWII SIM craving. Also, another really good diversion is the A10-C Warthog Sim from DCS that is pretty awesome.
So if you tire of this debacle, there are working SIMS that could satisfy until this one is figured out.

I have an ATI HD 5970 and I do not overclock CPU or GPUs
I have not seen the blue lines. I have been able to tweak out the issues most seem to be having. I don't have any jaggies.

I don't fully understand all the nuances of what does what with all the Graphics settings and tweaks.

I can tell you that whether it makes sense or not, these changes worked for me. I have the Sim running pretty well right now. The shimmering is still there but is reduced.

Changed PAM to 64 from 14
Renamed Logo.waw to stop UBI Splash in EU version which reportedly locked clock speed to 400
Changed Render to D3DD_11 from D3DD_10

ATI HD 5970 Card Settings:
AA: Use App Preference
AF: 16X
Tessellazation:OFF AMD optimized unchecked
CAT AI: Performance with Enable Surface Format Optimization Checked
MipMap Detail Level: High Quality
Vertical Refresh: OFF - unless app calls for it
AA Mode: Multi-Sample AA
OpenGL: Triple Buffering Checked

In Game Settings
Resolution: 1920X1080 60 HZ
Full Screen
Model Detail: High
Buildings Detail: Medium
Land Detail: Medium
Forest: Low
Visual Effects: High
Texture Quality: Original
AA: 8X
Anti Epilepsy: OFF
SSAO: Off
Vert refresh: checked
Damage Decals: High
Buildings Amount: Medium
Land Shading: Low
Grass: On
Shadows: On
Roads: Off

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme(12MB L2 Cache, 3.33GHz), 12GB DDR3 SDRAM,1333MHZ, 6x2GB, ATI Radeon HD5970, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, 2TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, 52" Panasonic Plasma, Logitech G930 wireless Surround Sound Headset, TrackIR5-ProClip, TM H.O.T.A.S.

Ataros
05-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Try this conf ini from sukhoi forums to remove ati stripes.

I can not check if it helps as I do not have this problem.

Doc_uk
05-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Wellll.... IL2 1946 UP MOD is pretty awesome with a new Mod about to be released... this gets me through the WWII SIM craving. Also, another really good diversion is the A10-C Warthog Sim from DCS that is pretty awesome.
So if you tire of this debacle, there are working SIMS that could satisfy until this one is figured out.
Ive got them both :grin: plus Rice of flight, but to be honest, i only want Cliffs of dover, ive always had a fasination with the battle of britian:grin:

I also think that doing this Changed Render to D3DD_11 from D3DD_10
Reverts it back to dx9, but im unsure

Unsure what your on about here, Changed PAM to 64 from 14.......Were? and what does it do?

Flanker35M
05-05-2011, 04:18 PM
S!

PAM = Process Affinity Mask. Can be found in the conf.ini file. Need to test if there's any difference with it on or disabled.

Doc_uk
05-05-2011, 04:23 PM
S!

PAM = Process Affinity Mask. Can be found in the conf.ini file. Need to test if there's any difference with it on or disabled.
But mines on 15 whitch is 4 cores? isnt it

And blue lines are still there, and im getting bad stutters at the begining of each mission

Doc_uk
05-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Try this conf ini from sukhoi forums to remove ati stripes.

I can not check if it helps as I do not have this problem.
Can anbody comfirm this works?

I have just try'd it and it does not work, all it realy did was lower all my settings

W0ef
05-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Can anbody comfirm this works?

I have just try'd it and it does not work, all it realy did was lower all my settings

I didn´t try it because Im not behind my computer but I did dl the conf.ini and had a look at it since I spent days tweaking my own in the past and pretty much tried out every single setting.

I personally would have been very surprised had it worked but thanks anyway for the link, always worth a try innit? :)

About the Process Affinity Mask, I would just leave the ; in front of it in the conf.ini to keep it disabled. Windows normally handles core assignment pretty fine by itself and tweaking this often does more harm than good. The 64 setting is aimed at a 6 core processor if I´m not mistaken so it wouldnt be the right setting for your Quad so if you set it to anything it would be 15 yeah.

Greetz.

Ataros
05-05-2011, 10:29 PM

Sorry about this. I've also read that setting 16x aniso or 8x AA (or both) in the drivers may help.

MegOhm
05-06-2011, 03:48 PM
We have lots of BOB missions for 46 mod on the 352map

any way I believe the right setting for 4 cores is 14

I tested this and yes it does work on my machine. plug it in remove the semicolon and run performance monitor, watch the difference before clod and during clod. You should be able to see the demand on RAM as well... What I did notice was there was never a CPU usage higher than 24%... RAM topped out at 5.6G... about 50% of what I have.

I do not turn off programs/processess that start on start up. I had CCC open because I was monitoring the GPU, I had MS Word open because I was capturing the info, with screen shots and writing, I had the CPU & Ram monitors on watching them, Including the performance monitoring in task manager, I see 12 CPUs in the performace monitor (12 Threads i guess), there are also 70 other processes running in the background. And Ofcourse CLOD. The graphs plainly showed the distribution across the cores. Before starting CLOD Main activity is in 1st core. Clod running, 1st core was minimal and there was pretty much even distribution across the others. You can see the RAM spike when I arrived at the furball I was testing, there are about 50 planes in that one. Good Luck to you

Intel Core i7-980X Extreme(12MB L2 Cache, 3.33GHz), 12GB DDR3 SDRAM,1333MHZ, 6x2GB, ATI Radeon HD5970, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, 2TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, 52" Panasonic Plasma, Logitech G930 wireless Surround Sound Headset, TrackIR5-ProClip, TM H.O.T.A.S.

Doc_uk
05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=MegOhm;279391]We have lots of BOB missions for 46 mod on the 352map

any way I believe the right setting for 4 cores is 14QUOTE]
And im sure its 15:confused:

brando
05-06-2011, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=MegOhm;279391]We have lots of BOB missions for 46 mod on the 352map

any way I believe the right setting for 4 cores is 14QUOTE]
And im sure its 15:confused:

What he's saying is that Core 0 (i.e. the 1st core) takes care of Windows and apps, while cores 1,2 & 3 are utilised by CloD. That's what =14 implies. That way there is no need to mess about setting affinities for things like TIR and CH software as they default to Core 0.

Brando

JG14_Jagr
05-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Scuse my ignorance - how do you get a clean config file?

C:\Users\John\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Go there and just delete.. game will recreate a fresh one..

JG14_Jagr
05-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Sad sad sad,

Let hope for the next one eh

O_Smiladon

You need to understand that THIS ONE isn't even released yet..this is a BETA. The idea is to expose it and let all the problems show up. If you are expecting perfection you should not be using these BETA patches..

JG14_Jagr
05-06-2011, 08:22 PM
But mines on 15 whitch is 4 cores? isnt it

And blue lines are still there, and im getting bad stutters at the begining of each mission

IIRC 15 uses all 4 cores evenly.. some people say use 14 to leave core 1 for your OS but I am running 15 with no issues..

If you delete your conf.ini, make sure you re enable the PAM settings.. remove the semi colon in front of it..

Doc_uk
05-07-2011, 07:57 AM
IIRC 15 uses all 4 cores evenly.. some people say use 14 to leave core 1 for your OS but I am running 15 with no issues..

If you delete your conf.ini, make sure you re enable the PAM settings.. remove the semi colon in front of it..

Good tip, JG, its somthing i have forgoting to do many a times

RE77ACTION
05-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Changed PAM to 64 from 14

A value of 64 in binary is 1000000. This means in theory that you want the game to prefer only 1 core of your 7 cores (???). I think you meant 62 because 62 is the equivalence of 14 with 6 cores instead of 4. The game should then prefer all cores but one and leave one for the OS (in theory).

In the version I'm running now (1.00.14101) is see totally no difference when playing with these values (Vista64).

Ze-Jamz
05-07-2011, 12:57 PM
I was seriously thinking of trading this card in, for nvidia, but then i thought why should i, ive allready spent alot of money on this build, just to play this game.
Yep just to play this game, and my wife thinks im mad lol:grin:

Feel your pain mate...me too just not the 'wife' part..

i also have the 3 blue horizon lines now i have a HD6950 but i didnt have them with my HD5770 card 3 days ago....weird