PDA

View Full Version : Cannot launch missions

albix
05-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Hello,
I have installed IL-2 CoD on my other PC and I cannot make it work.
When I launch any mission i get this message: Hook: { _Gun00} not found.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Alberto

letterboy1
10-22-2012, 05:26 PM
I started getting the exact same error message just yesterday. I started up CoD in the morning for the first time since the official patch and flew several missions. When I got back home in the evening I started up CoD and every mission I tried to start gave me that error. I could get in the the Custom part where you choose which plane you want, but when I clicked on "Fly" it gave me "Hook: {_Gun00} not found." Weird! Like I said, it worked just yesterday morning.

letterboy1
10-22-2012, 11:03 PM
I cleared my cache again and I was able to get back in the missions. Go figure. Remember, I was able to play Sunday morning and without changing anything, Sunday evening I started getting that error. I cleared my cache a second time and now I got in several missions and even exited CoD once and went back in successfuly.

For those that have not had to do this before, it is simply this - go to:
C:\Users\"your user name"\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders
Delete all of the contents in the Shaders Folder. Once you play the game again one time, this folder will be rebuilt automatically. It is recommended to do this after a patch . . . and I thought I did it! I hope this works for others with the "Hook" error message.