PDA

View Full Version : Did the RAF use German parachutes?

reflected
05-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Dear 1C,
Imagine, my Hurricane gets shot up and I decide to bail out over Kent. A couple of farmers find me like this, what will they do?! It's certainly not the Queen's English on the parachute buckle :P

Or maybe there's a spy in the squadron who wants to sabotage us? But why did it open then? :grin:

philip.ed
05-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Indeed, RAF parachutes (from memory) had the writing on the quick-release box written inverted, so that the pilots could look down and read the text...

given that the Germans were largely ahead in pilot-technology, I can't see why this wasn't the case with the Germans too, so, henceforth, is the box wrongly modelled?

Sorry, I left my anorak on today :P

reflected
05-04-2011, 06:51 PM
You don't get it...that pilot had just baled out from a Hurricane! :)

Macka
05-04-2011, 06:53 PM
One would think that a little bit of research is required before making posts like this. After all goggle is your friend. Its not German its Austrian from the "Vienna Schnitzel and Paraschuten Korporation LLC" :) :)

Kongo-Otto
05-04-2011, 07:47 PM
One would think that a little bit of research is required before making posts like this. After all goggle is your friend. Its not German its Austrian from the "Vienna Schnitzel and Paraschuten Korporation LLC" :) :)

You are wrong!! :cool:;)
If its from Austria (which btw was non existant from 1938-45)
it should have the Name: "Vienna Schnitzel and Paraschuten Korporation Ges.m.b.H und Co.KG ehemals K.u.K. Hoflieferant"
Translated: "Vienna Schnitzel and Paraschuten Korporation LLC former Austrian- Hungarian Empire Parachuten Supplier by appointment of the Austrian Emperor"
:grin::grin::cool:;)

philip.ed
05-04-2011, 09:45 PM
You don't get it...that pilot had just baled out from a Hurricane! :)

No I know! But I'm also saying, that this may be incorrectly modelled too...

Sauf
05-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Just tell the farmers your Polish.

_79_dev
05-04-2011, 10:33 PM
~S~

That's the way to do it, they will let you go, only you have to milk their cows...

JimmyGiro
05-04-2011, 11:21 PM
... and fix their plumbing.