PDA

View Full Version : FMB Help

Doc_uk
05-04-2011, 06:13 PM
How can i stop Al aircraft from taking off, i place them on airfield but all i can select is take of from runway? so they just take off
I just want them to sit on the airfeild, were i place them.
I no i can place static aircraft on airfields, but you cant destroy them.

Rattlehead
05-04-2011, 06:32 PM
How can i stop Al aircraft from taking off, i place them on airfield but all i can select is take of from runway? so they just take off
I just want them to sit on the airfeild, were i place them.
I no i can place static aircraft on airfields, but you cant destroy them.

Go to the object browser and choose your AI planes, then select the 'group properties' tab, and near the bottom you will find an 'idle' checkbox. Tick it.

The planes will then be on the runway, but will not take off from the airfield.

The other option is to also tick the 'spawn parked' checkbox on the same window in addition to the 'idle' checkbox, but on airfields with hangars some planes will spawn in the hangars, making them hard to shoot.

Doc_uk
05-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Go to the object browser and choose your AI planes, then select the 'group properties' tab, and near the bottom you will find an 'idle' checkbox. Tick it.

The planes will then be on the runway, but will not take off from the airfield.

The other option is to also tick the 'spawn parked' checkbox on the same window in addition to the 'idle' checkbox, but on airfields with hangars some planes will spawn in the hangars, making them hard to shoot.
Ok thanks for that Rattlehead:grin: