PDA

View Full Version : pilot murdered?

raaaid
05-04-2011, 01:31 PM
although this is right on spot sometime i read when i killed ai:

patan murdered ai pilot?

this is so surreal maybe i dreamt it but in the case i did not im happy to start calling things by their names :)

David Hayward
05-04-2011, 01:36 PM
How old are you?

Buchon
05-04-2011, 01:40 PM
I guess is more correct "pilot killed", does not ?

BigPickle
05-04-2011, 01:43 PM
although this is right on spot sometime i read when i killed ai:

patan murdered ai pilot?

this is so surreal maybe i dreamt it but in the case i did not im happy to start calling things by their names :)

No-one upset that guy :neutral:

Feathered_IV
05-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Damn, clicked on a raaaid thread :oops:

choctaw111
05-04-2011, 02:01 PM
This is strange, even for you Raaaid.
What are you saying?

raaaid
05-04-2011, 02:03 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/raaaid/derribo.jpg

anybody knows what asesinar means in spanish?

raaaid
05-04-2011, 02:04 PM

do you guys read there asesinar?

or i have a mind block?

BigPickle
05-04-2011, 02:10 PM
i'm so glad i dont play with that view on, seeing your picture raaid make me realise ho much i like cockpit view and external view.

Buchon
05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
do you guys read there asesinar?

or i have a mind block?

Yeah, it should be the verb matar, "Patan ha matado".

Im not sure but in the English version it also say murdered, while it should be killed.

is misspelled in the two versions.

jimbop
05-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes, I have seen the 'murdered' phrase in my English version. Raised an eyebrow...

raaaid
05-04-2011, 02:20 PM
well you are shooting from behind a guy who cant defend himself, so right on spot

3/4 of people would be unable to pull the trigger in rel life

is 1/4 of psicopathic people who causes all havoc of wars

the rest are named pretenders as choctaw kindly explained me :)

BadAim
05-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Things are often lost in translation. Most of what you say for instance. Yet, I'll bite. If I'm correct the word inquestion is similar in meaning to the English assassinate which often has the connotation of sneaking up on someone or otherwise stealthily killing an enemy. Seems about right.

BadAim
05-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I knew I'd regret replying to this thread. You mean to say that everyone who actually pulls the trigger is a psychopath, but everyone else is OK? Holy crap, I'm out.

raaaid
05-04-2011, 02:38 PM
the thing is the devs have gone from one etreme of psicopathic humoru like a pilot had got roasted extracrispy in his flying cockpit to a social responsability of confronting what youre really making even while gaming

myself i discover its more fun to stay in formation right on the six enemys at 10 m than shooting them down

imagine spontaneously everybody stopped shooting online and just outperformed others

nahh maybe in a long time in the future

poor indians:

they would face the white man with a wood stick

he would ride his horse dodging the white man shots

he would take his stick and touch the back of the white man

now has he knew he ad won and went away the white man shot him in the back

would you call this a battle kill or a murder?

JG52Krupi
05-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Battle kill and murder are the same thing in my book. the thing is the devs have gone from one etreme of psicopathic humoru like a pilot had got roasted extracrispy in his flying cockpit to a social responsability of confronting what youre really making even while gaming

myself i discover its more fun to stay in formation right on the six enemys at 10 m than shooting them down

imagine spontaneously everybody stopped shooting online and just outperformed others

poor indians:

raaaid
05-04-2011, 02:54 PM
in fact as an english filologist ill add:

kill implie unintention of death while murder implies intention

self defence is not murder since either you make one die or you die you have no intention to make the other person die but not die your self so its unintended

so from a juridical point of view and using the right words osama would have been killed if he picked up a gun and shot but murdered if he didnt

i dont enter wether right or wrong

did you know assasinate comes from hachis as a band of murderers were paid with this sustance

or why god backwars is like dog while devil backwards is like loved

so the devs got it right shooting a guy which intention of him to crash and rip his wings of is nothing but a VIRTUAL murder

HurricaneDriver
05-04-2011, 02:56 PM
the thing is the devs have gone from one etreme of psicopathic humoru like a pilot had got roasted extracrispy in his flying cockpit to a social responsability of confronting what youre really making even while gaming

poor indians:

Errrr. Right, OK. I understand what you're saying, but...

Jesus....

????

jimbop
05-04-2011, 03:03 PM

self defence is not murder since either you make one die or you die you have no intention to make the other person die but not die your self so its unintended

so from a juridical point of view and using the right words osama would have been killed if he picked up a gun and shot but murdered if he didnt

did you know assasinate comes from hachis as a band of murderers were paid with this sustance

so the devs got it right shooting a guy which intention of him to crash and rip his wings of is nothing but a VIRTUAL murder

I rarely correct but given the context I just have to point out that the word is 'philologist'. And that's it from me on this thread.

AndyJWest
05-04-2011, 03:13 PM
''... as an english filologist ill add...''

Once again Raaaid rides to the rescue with a bizarre thread that leads nowhere, but leaves me laughing 'till my eyes water... :lol:

Encore, Raaaid, encore... :wink:

bongodriver
05-04-2011, 03:27 PM

god backwards 'IS' dog and devil backwards is 'lived', at the risk of being chastised again for picking on this poor misguided individual I must say...............WTF are you talking about?

raaaid
05-04-2011, 03:30 PM
oh about word meaning like murder vs kill

edit:

also i thank the devs by calling things by their name

i thought really crazy jump online to form on foes six and get on his nerves :) and no shoot

but if you thin about it is not crazy:

you avoid target fixation

you go empty with much better plane performance

you avoid comitting a virtual murder for fun

if you succed you really peace off somebody whos trying to shoot at you

after chasing the mouse you can climb up away lighter :)

now it would be nice if you score for the enemy engine you make others burn :)

bongodriver
05-04-2011, 03:39 PM

Well to me 'murder' implies no valid reason to carry out the deed, with murder there is an 'innocent' victim, so yes in pedantic terms the use of the word is incorrect IMO because to be killed in an act of war as a combatant is not murder, kill is just a descriptive. but in english slang the term murder is used in many ways with phrases like 'I could murder a curry' 'the journey in to work was murder' etc...so with enough expressive license there is no reason not to use the word in the sim.

Rattlehead
05-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Hello raaaid. How is life treating you today?

raaaid
05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Well to me 'murder' implies no valid reason

theres no valid reason to kill no one but by accident or self defence

the word kill is less guilty than murder

imagine the case

some wackos take their hobby to far and take a real 109 and spit and dogfight over new york, i understand will be able to do this soon in the future :) virtually of course

one kills the other

what would the newspaper read

a guy who lived in his mom basement took a plane and kill or murdered his friend

if you take a girl and make her fly this sim she will like it till people starts shooting at her :rolleyes:

edit:

as youi see having fun making people think and waiting to jump online to from on a foes six at 10 m and no shoot

just be there to make him nervous :)

Buchon
05-04-2011, 03:48 PM

This is correct, if a normal person, like a civilian, plan to kill someone then he is a murderer.

But if has no intention, like in an accident, he was killed someone.

But what is played here is a war, and that fact drive us to this :

A soldier going in combat, piloting a war machine full armed is already fighting for his country and his self, and defending his country and his self.

So if the soldier shot other soldier in combat is kill not murder.

-What Jack the ripper did = murder

-What a soldier do = kill

raaaid
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
i would like to ad murder comes from Mordred the guy from avalon that comes from aple that comes from the forbidden wisedom :)

yes but are you shooting ai or others online fighting for your country or for fun?

you have the option as me not to shoot

nobodys forcing you to shoot youre not fighting for your country but for fun

ive often thought about it how much hate is generated online

why not just turn duels?

the winner its obvious:confused:

bongodriver
05-04-2011, 04:05 PM
i would like to ad murder comes from Mordred the guy from avalon that comes from aple that comes from the forbidden wisedom :)

yes but are you shooting ai or others online fighting for your country or for fun?

why not just turn duels?

again I must stress..........WTF are you talking about?, I have facepalmed so many times over this my face is red, but I guess I just got sucked in............damn!

Buchon
05-04-2011, 04:11 PM

why not just turn duels?

Well, is a game, no one die here, so they are players not killers, not murderers.

Is usual see people that go angry after lose, like that any fans of any football team that lose a match.

But you just should take it with sportiness and learn your faults.

swiss
05-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Hello raaaid. How is life treating you today?

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/brain-myth-ecstasy-250x150.jpg

C_G
05-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Damn, clicked on a raaaid thread :oops:

ROFLMAO :grin::-P

Kongo-Otto
05-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Hmmm, i dont know but is me the only one who thinks that a certain person needs psychological help asap?

JG52Krupi
05-04-2011, 09:26 PM
This sums up raaaid perfectly :D

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bong.htm

MadBlaster
05-04-2011, 11:57 PM

edit:

also i thank the devs by calling things by their name

i thought really crazy jump online to form on foes six and get on his nerves :) and no shoot

but if you thin about it is not crazy:

you avoid target fixation

you go empty with much better plane performance

you avoid comitting a virtual murder for fun

if you succed you really peace off somebody whos trying to shoot at you

after chasing the mouse you can climb up away lighter :)

now it would be nice if you score for the enemy engine you make others burn :)

OMG. You forgot something important. What about ramming? Would that be murder too? Or maybe just involuntary manslaughter? Could you live with that raaaid? I mean, pixels might have feelings in the virtual world. Maybe better and safer just to stay on the ground and taxi with Hello Kitty.;)

IceFire
05-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Hmmm, i dont know but is me the only one who thinks that a certain person needs psychological help asap?

You've missed years of classic raaaid threads on the Ubisoft forums I take it :)

Yeah he probably does but he's been this way for a while so... I guess it's normal to him. :cool:

unreasonable
05-05-2011, 03:34 AM
You've missed years of classic raaaid threads on the Ubisoft forums I take it :)

Yeah he probably does but he's been this way for a while so... I guess it's normal to him. :cool:

IMHO he was often the only person on the UBI forums making any sense.

jibo
05-05-2011, 08:00 AM
i'am still thinking that there is among simers, some certified lunatics who have failed FAA tests

617Squadron
05-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Maybe the Fat Tony phrase "Whacked" might be a good alternative, particularly against Italian pilots...??

*Waits for the fallout*

JumpingHubert
05-05-2011, 12:45 PM

anybody knows what asesinar means in spanish?
for this blinki no cockpit view you have to get......murdered :grin:

617Squadron
05-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Another thought that came to me, along the Fat Tony lines; if the dogfight is over the Channel, maybe the phrase should be "He-111 Gunner is sleeping with the fishes..."

No145_Hatter
05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
The console informed me that I had "murdered" a 109 pilot today.

I refuse to be judged by a game!

raaaid
05-05-2011, 05:19 PM
yes i suppose thats right

i was talking more about old wars

i think in america civil war 2 or 3 out of four aim high not to the enemy

W0ef
05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Raaaid: As a Soldier who has seen combat I can tell you that this is wrong. Soldiers are trained to fight, and though there is usually a moment of hesitation during a Soldier's first action, the training almost always kicks in and they DO shoot. Also, while there are certainly mentally unstable people within all militaries, most war crimes (not counting government sanctioned actions) are not committed by "psicopathic people" but rather units (usually Platoon level or below) with a high degree of combat stress, low morale, and poor leadership. Unless you've been in combat, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Ohhh, we found us a http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/centurion.htm

as well now! (couldn't resist after the comparison of Raaaid to the Bong stereotype :P)

Gomer Pyle
05-05-2011, 05:48 PM
ROTFL - Raaaid: If I PM you my RL-address, will you send me some of that medication you are on? I'm having a blast!