PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the beta patch 2

Kakashi
05-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Hey everybody, I tried doing a quick search on this forum about it but couldn't find my answer.
I tried to install the latest beta patch yesterday (despite the reported problems and possible fps loss). So I downloaded the patch in the corresponding thread, then extracted all the files in the right folders.

Now I know the game is supposed to take longer to start now, but after 10 mins of trying to start (CPU runs at 25% for as long as it tries to start the launcher...) nothing happens, all I get is the yellow plane circled by the yellow target.

If anyone knows how to correct this issue I would appreciate it if they help me xD !!

seaeye
05-04-2011, 10:20 AM
I had some problems getting my game to work after the patch. I was advised to verify local files in Steam (right click the game in steam, find the steam options etc..). Once it has done this, I re-applied the new beta patch and it worked just fine.

Also, some others delete the contents of their cache folders and reckon that helps to.

David198502
05-04-2011, 10:58 AM
if you didnt extract the file with 7zip, then do it!i had problems with the previous beta patch to unzip it correctly with winzip.all the game did,was to show the crosshair and nothing more.so i downloaded 7zip and extracted the files with it.and it worked.

Kakashi
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
if you didnt extract the file with 7zip, then do it!i had problems with the previous beta patch to unzip it correctly with winzip.all the game did,was to show the crosshair and nothing more.so i downloaded 7zip and extracted the files with it.and it worked.

Thanks I tried but none worked :S I guess I'll just have to wait till next patch.
EDIT: Nevermind that, must have done something wrong before, it works now thanks for those who helped :)