PDA

View Full Version : about good campaigns...

Pluto
05-03-2011, 09:20 AM
the german campaign on IL2-CoD is considered as a "mini-campagne" I have read somewhere.
I hope in future we will have such great campagnes as the ones available for the old IL2, like these here:
http://www.pluswave.de/html/pwx_english.html

That would be great, I liked them a lot !!!
:grin:

Pluto
05-04-2011, 09:05 AM
.... ok, lets hope that in future something like that will be available for IL2-CoD.

By the way, reading your reply I saw that you use a Microsoft sidewinder FFB2.
I also have that one. Why dont you also use with it the saitek x45 throttle ? its very good in combination! No problem in the sim to use both!
Maybe want to check it out, its a cheaper possibility to have a good flight equipment, doesent cost as much as a new Cougar HOTAS or the like.

http://www.amazon.de/Saitek-X45-Flight-System-USB/dp/B00005TOTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1304499841&sr=8-1
on the english amazon homepage it is at the moment not available, but on the german site you can buy it.
Dont use the saitek stick, it is not half as good as your Microsoft sidewinder but the throttle of the X45 is really good to use together with the sidewinder!

:)

Rince
05-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Got the same stick, from a friend of mine! I like it, but you really have to fix it somewhere cause its not so easy to steer with it! The throttle on my x45 is not using the whole range of throttle! 100 % throttle is half way up on the stick! You got the same problems?

Pluto
05-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Got the same stick, from a friend of mine! I like it, but you really have to fix it somewhere cause its not so easy to steer with it! The throttle on my x45 is not using the whole range of throttle! 100 % throttle is half way up on the stick! You got the same problems?

no, I dont have any problems with the x45 throttle, but I must say, it reacts in every sim a bit different. In DCS Blackshark it is a bit different from the old IL2 and in IL2-CoD now, it is again a bit different but not that it is a real problem to use it, it is still really precise.
The microsoft sidewinder FFB2 needs to be fixed somehow, you are right but that is alo no problem. I have both, Saitek-x45 and Sidewinder fixed on a small wooden board. The board I have fixed on a (bar)stool with a jackscrew so I can put it in front of my seat and adjust it in height.
This way, I have the stick right between my legs like in a real aircraft and the x45 throttle is so to say on my left leg when I sit.
Its quite comfortable to fly this way. I use it this way already for about 10 years.:)