PDA

View Full Version : Steam log off again?

Gollum
05-03-2011, 12:48 AM
So steam just logged every server up off again.... And from what I'm hearing they still haven't lifted 35 player server limit..... Why are these simple problems that seem like adjustable settings not being fixed?? :mad:

Blackrat
05-03-2011, 08:23 AM
That's four times then I have had steam log off our server.

SYN_Flashman
05-03-2011, 11:25 AM
yep, this happened last evening (Mon 2nd May, approx 2100 hrs BST). Had to restart the server.

Blackrat
05-04-2011, 05:29 AM
....and again, seems to be about the same time too.

Bobb4
05-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Has anyone posted this question on any Steam forums?

Gollum
05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Not that i know of. Figured the devs here would be concerned and wanting to talk to the steam gods. Who knows, ouur minds may explode at the mere sight of words that which we cannot comprehend.

SC/JG Matoni
05-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Has happened to our server twice today last time 1900 hrs +8 GMT

Storm of When
05-06-2011, 10:02 AM
We had it 4 times at least yesterday and once again so far today on our server UK Dedicated CloD (UK2 settings)

Thee_oddball
05-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Between the micro stutters the graphics anomaly's the crashing the parts of the game that just dont work and the memory leak and the Servers not allowing over 40 people and steam "logging us out" and the lack of TRUE SLI/XFIRE support there will be no "Release party" in the states..they will be Documenting TOD (Time of death)

Sorry guys I had to get that off my chest ...I am starting to lose hope :( I dont even bother with my test server anymore :( and at this point i may not rent one....but i am still hoping that MOST of the major bugs will be work out in the next 3 weeks :)

S!

GT182
05-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Will CoD run on HyperLobby, or is Steam the only way you can play MP?

If you have to use Steam to play MP I'll probably not even bother buying CoD with all the problems you guys are having. I can't believe something that played so good for the Devs is now this unplayable for everyone else. IL2 Sturmovik was never like this.

wildwillie
05-07-2011, 01:41 AM
I though the dedicated server was supposed to be able to run without steam and therefore able to be listed on other sites like HyperLobby.

So far I have not been able to get the DS to run without Steam running as well. I am also not having any luck connecting to the game console as you could with IL2. This is what Hyperlobby and FBDj would require to be able to manage and list a server (showing number of players, etc)

RAF238thWildWillie

Ataros
05-07-2011, 07:12 AM
I though the dedicated server was supposed to be able to run without steam and therefore able to be listed on other sites like HyperLobby.

So far I have not been able to get the DS to run without Steam running as well. I am also not having any luck connecting to the game console as you could with IL2. This is what Hyperlobby and FBDj would require to be able to manage and list a server (showing number of players, etc)

RAF238thWildWillie

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21713

CloD is officially open for mods. Without Steam VAC it is dead because of very easy cheating.

Do not try splitting this small community between Steam and Hyperlobby please please.

SC/JG Matoni
05-07-2011, 10:25 AM
+ 1 to the above post

Thee_oddball
05-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Do not try splitting this small community between Steam and Hyperlobby please please.

He asked a question ...he is not tryng to split anything and speaking of splitting...promises were made and not kept (HL,DEDI)
how long do you think it will be before people stop hosting because they are tired of steam logging them off for no apparent reason or the server just freezing or not being able to get more than 40 people in a server or the inability to use HL or FBDJ....VAC is probably a good idea but it does not even work right now...

Theres lots of problems with CLOD right now Atoras.....but valid questions is not one of them.

S!

Doc_uk
05-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Will CoD run on HyperLobby, or is Steam the only way you can play MP?

If you have to use Steam to play MP I'll probably not even bother buying CoD with all the problems you guys are having. I can't believe something that played so good for the Devs is now this unplayable for everyone else. IL2 Sturmovik was never like this.
Good old HyperLobby, never had any props with that lol

wildwillie
05-09-2011, 12:55 AM
I could care less which application is used to run Clod in Multiplayer. What I do care about is that application working correctly and not causing more problems that it solves.

Right Now I can setup and run a DS, but it does not show up on the Clients list of available Servers. I'm fairly computer literate and have tried everything I can think of to get it working. From my other post there are others who are having the same problem. If Steam is the way to go, fine. Just someone tell me what is required to get it working properly. (I should not have the first line of the Dedicated Server console show an error message about failing to connect to the Steam service !)

If steam is required to keep everyone using the same code for Multiplayer (i.e. no cheating/MODS) via VAC they I am all for it. Right now you can connect to any server regardless of what patch you have installed which tells me that the checks are not being done(To be implemented in the Future I hope).

The potential is there for this sim to run 10+ years as IL2 is doing, but it is up to us in the community and the development team to work together getting everything working correctly.

I mentioned HL because I am familiar with it and I know exactly what I need to do to connect/start a server with it. If there were some help in setting up Steam I would be happy with Steam as well.

RAF238thWildWillie

Buzpilot
05-09-2011, 03:35 PM

If steam is limited to 35 clients, it's no worry, EVERYONE TO HYPERLOBBY!!!!:-x

MadTommy
06-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Anyone figured out how to stop their server logging off from steam..? its happening to our server far too often.

LoHan
06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
...same question here...

Ataros
06-05-2011, 09:43 PM
It got much worse last week.

Wandalen
06-06-2011, 09:46 PM
The steam logs of servers is unacceptable! It will be impossible to run a DS 24 / 7 with such a bug. My server is only visible if I host it via LOBBY but not via the server. I do not bother trying to find the solution to the problem as long as the game is only half finished. Oh besides, it's the wrong time of year here .. summer time:)
But I look forward to the new patches in a few months and maybe a chance and use the WildWillie's FBDj together with the server. Have been playing around with an old server program IL2GUI and see if I can re-programmed something and make it funktionabel with DS, but so far no luck: (vel. .. I'm sitting on the fence and wait:)

http://adamrosenthal.com/images/head-bang.gif

BH_woodstock
06-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Hopefully we will have Cliffs of Dover in Hyperlobby soon.if you would like , please feel free to stop by lobby forums and make a post.

~S~ to all.

BH_woodstock
HYPER/STAFF

Thee_oddball
06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Hopefully we will have Cliffs of Dover in Hyperlobby soon.if you would like , please feel free to stop by lobby forums and make a post.

~S~ to all.

BH_woodstock
HYPER/STAFF

i am afraid that wont solve the steam problem...even with hyperlobby support the "server" will still have to "phone home" for VAC support...and if the bug continues even if you are listed on HL your server will still shut down :rolleyes:...the game and server are tetherd to steam...so matter where your server is listed through you are still at the mercey of steam master server :evil:...hence the reason no one can start a server without it checking in with steam...

BH_woodstock
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
does the whole steam system shut down with all their games or just CLoD?I havent used steam in years but last i remember they had a decent server system.
would be wise to let them finish getting it stable 1st

Warhound
06-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Looks like all the servers got nuked again, was online when it timed out and the list is showing 0 servers atm

Thee_oddball
06-07-2011, 11:33 PM
does the whole steam system shut down with all their games or just CLoD?I havent used steam in years but last i remember they had a decent server system.
would be wise to let them finish getting it stable 1st

i am almost %100 positive they are just logging CLOD servers off :rolleyes: my guess is that it is some kinda of maintenance routine...

Blackrat
06-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Third night in a row that steam logged the server off, starting to get tedious now :-x

SYN_Jed
06-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Third night in a row that steam logged the server off, starting to get tedious now :-x

understatement of the year!

JG52Uther
06-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Its killed CoD for me,as a mainly online player.

Blackrat
06-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Good old insomnia, server back up after steam mass logout.

Thee_oddball
06-13-2011, 01:52 PM
understatement of the year!

have you guys tried contacting steam support?