PDA

View Full Version : Server browser/ voice comms

Oldschool61
05-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Dont have CloD yet but have been wondering how everyone finds multiplayer servers and what everyone is using for voice comms?? I assume most still use teamspeak and if so where are the teamspeak IP listings??

Zoom2136
05-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Go in the multiplier section of the game and select client. There you find the list of server that are up.

For now (this was last week for me), not many poeple playing online. Looks very good though when I played for about 1hr.

Blackdog_kt
05-02-2011, 06:05 PM
One of the talked about but not yet enabled features is some sort of in-game radio comms that will possibly use realistic range and line-of-sight constraints (like simulating a real radio transmitter/receiver).

Apart from that, what we currently have is the trusty old teamspeak and ventrillo. The way it usually works is similar to IL2, the server address for the voice software server is usually specified on the server's homepage and also within the multiplayer browser interface, as part of the server description.

Servers are joined by a built-in multiplayer browser, but the game engine also supports external tools (like Hyperlobby for example) as long as their creators take the time to code the relevant support into their clients. I think that the developer of Hyperlobby recently stated he's going to add support for CoD.

ATAG_Bliss
05-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Hi Oldschool,

We have a 100 slot ventrilo server that everyone is welcome to use.

I've made a setup guide for those new to ventrilo that has our server info included: http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/showthread.php?336-1st-time-Ventrilo-users-setup-guide..

Everyone is encouraged to join.