PDA

View Full Version : One side against the other. Killcounts KSing ...

Winger
05-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Just wanted to clarify that each kill is credited in increments of tenths of a kill towards the damage dealing pilot.
So there is absolutely no reason to complain about pilots from the same side trying to HELP to down an enemy pilot.
Everything that counts is THAT the enemy falls, not who makes the whole kill right? Especially since there is not really any working long term statistics. Or am i wrong here?

I have been helping to down enemy planes quite some times up until now and i quite often experienced the pilots i were thinking i just helped to survive accused me of trying to "kil steal". So i think those guys didnt realize how kill counting works in CloD currently and felt it would help to clear things up:)

Please feel free to correct me if anything i said is worng. I am at least just as a noob to CloD as everyone else is:)

Winger

EDIT: or its even in inrements of 1/100s right:)

Sven
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Well that comes down to your own ideals and beliefs really, I presume you saw a dogfight between 2 pilots, the enemy pilot having a higher energy state than your ally and decided to attack the enemy pilot, that´s what I think is justified.

Kill credit goes to you.

However if the enemy is in a lower state of energy I´d sit back and get myself a better energy status first, and probably your ally will attack the enemy on it´s own and maybe finish him off.

Hanging on someone´s tail, or shoulder shooting and waiting till your ally or friend makes a mistake or leaves room for you to shoot is not correct, in my world at least. You put yourself in unnecessary danger as well.

It´s also a more difficult matter than it was in real life, you probably knew your ally or friend and could communicate with him, or when you do make a hastely attack you could always buy him all his beers for the rest of the month, or get a whack in the face;)

CoD has a (more) rewarding system though than IL2, at least you get some credit, that makes the gap closer from Real life I think.

Homuth

Winger
05-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Well that comes down to your own ideals and beliefs really, I presume you saw a dogfight between 2 pilots, the enemy pilot having a higher energy state than your ally and decided to attack the enemy pilot, that´s what I think is justified.

Kill credit goes to you.

However if the enemy is in a lower state of energy I´d sit back and get myself a better energy status first, and probably your ally will attack the enemy on it´s own and maybe finish him off.

Hanging on someone´s tail, or shoulder shooting and waiting till your ally or friend makes a mistake or leaves room for you to shoot is not correct, in my world at least. You put yourself in unnecessary danger as well.

It´s also a more difficult matter than it was in real life, you probably knew your ally or friend and could communicate with him, or when you do make a hastely attack you could always buy him all his beers for the rest of the month, or get a whack in the face;)

CoD has a (more) rewarding system though than IL2, at least you get some credit, that makes the gap closer from Real life I think.

Homuth

I get your point. I for my part dont mind anyone shooting at my target as long as he doesnt shoot thru me (indeed happened to me once:(). Since the kill only gets counted when its really a kill or destroyed plane i dont mind having not to use as many of my bullets as i would have to use if i was on my own. But thats just me.

Winger

kristorf
05-02-2011, 01:34 PM
I must admit I do like the % increase for kills, saves any arguement on a steal if you show say 85% and some other pilots shows the missing 15%,
kinda shows who's kill it is really

reflected
05-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Winger,

Mostly, I agree with you, however there are times when it's better not to butt in. Anyway, I really like this system, Kill stealing has always been a problem in flight sims, and now we have a fair solution.

One thing that might be useful: In RoF we have a "Finish landed only" option, so that a damaged foe cannot hit escape and disappear from your sights until he touches the ground one way or the other.

Sven
05-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes that RoF system plus IL2´s survive and land to receive the kill and the % kill sharing in a mixer, good idea?

Winger
05-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Winger,

Mostly, I agree with you, however there are times when it's better not to butt in. Anyway, I really like this system, Kill stealing has always been a problem in flight sims, and now we have a fair solution.

One thing that might be useful: In RoF we have a "Finish landed only" option, so that a damaged foe cannot hit escape and disappear from your sights until he touches the ground one way or the other.

I agree.
And i also agree such an option should be added to the missionbuilders toolbox. Good suggestion!

Winger