PDA

View Full Version : Spit-lla struggling to keep up with Bombers?

Doc_uk
05-02-2011, 10:16 AM
This has happend a coulple of times now, first pass is ok because, i normaly, come in head on, or from the side,
But somtimes not all the time, i go round for anouther pass, and i just cant keep up with them, even diving towards the ground i cant catch them
Its like im not getting full throttle, even though its puched all the way forwards
And then if i restart the mission, its all ok...
Has anybody else notice this?

Saintblu
05-02-2011, 10:32 AM
You need to fly in CEM mode and switch your prop pitch down while flying straight or diving. Watch your speedometer when you do this flying straight and level... it will jump up immediately. If you fly with CEM off the it doesn't switch your prop pitch at the appropriate times. If at all.

Positronic
05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
when we change our prop pitch for maximum speed in the mkIIa , what should rpm range are we aiming for?

Skoshi Tiger
05-02-2011, 11:34 AM
when we change our prop pitch for maximum speed in the mkIIa , what should rpm range are we aiming for?

Max take off power is about 3000RPM and +12 boost for 5 minutes. There is a placard in the cockpit and remember with the CSU you set the RPM not propellor pitch.

Cheers!

Doc_uk
05-02-2011, 12:23 PM
You need to fly in CEM mode and switch your prop pitch down while flying straight or diving. Watch your speedometer when you do this flying straight and level... it will jump up immediately. If you fly with CEM off the it doesn't switch your prop pitch at the appropriate times. If at all. Doh, I never noticed it wasnt on.....:grin:

BadAim
05-02-2011, 12:47 PM

In level flight it should be around 2500RPM or so down low, but you'll need to experiment a little to really dial it in, you should also be watching your boost gauge as you can overboost the engine when you dial the RPM down. Same with diving, you're really got to watch the boost and RPM's. (and of course watch the speed as preserving the engine won't help much if you rip the wings off)

I'm still learning too. I think half the fun is learning how to get the most out of these planes.

Scotch_Bonnet
05-02-2011, 12:52 PM
LOL, Yah don't rip your wings off... I had just set my trim and all of a sudden i was pulling to the right pretty hard. I look over and my right wing is missing?!?!