PDA

View Full Version : Bombing online:

Flashman
05-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I want to start a thread about bombing online. We at Syndicate have realistic bombing turned on and for many players we are finding that their bombs are simply not exploding.

Now I am unsure if this is a bug, or if we are using incorrect fuse settings or not arming them but I want to start a thread to get peoples experiences of this.

For instance I have tried dive bombing in the Ju88 off line and can get my bombs to explode, but online carrying out the same attack profile they mostly do not explode.

I have the fuse set for low level (I generally dive bomb ATM), I arm them and release them at around 1000m but no boom-boom.

We are pondering whether to turn off realistic bombing and would ONLY do this is the current settings are bugged, however we would rather not. If its just that bombing is more complicated and you just have to learn then so be it. Perhaps its because the online weapon arming system is....er....awful and you often have no idea of what your plane will be carrying!

So please post your findings and experiences on this subject. I am going to do some testing on this issue to see what I can find out.

Heinz Laube
05-02-2011, 08:57 AM
i have the same experience on Syndicate and some other Servers with realistic bombing on... often was flying with H111 or Ju88 to England, drop Bombs, horizontal and dive attacks, tried lot of angles, but no Bombs explode, then i tried Stuka of course in dive and later horizontal and each bomb works fine and explodes, i dont know why it happens, offline it works fine for all planes..

robtek
05-02-2011, 09:59 AM
My experience is also that online the bombs are not working like described here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22352

Until that isn't fixed it is rather pointless to have realistic bombing activated.

Krähe
05-02-2011, 11:07 AM
I think is only realistic, can only speak for the 109 but am getting them to explode on SYN server. Low lvl is very hard as unlike 1946 they dont explode on contact but bounce after hitting the ground and travel for about 500m before detonating, and SC250 is very small explosion so hard to see especially when delayed and against the flak bursts. Am still experimenting with dets.

mcler002
05-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I had bombs and they exploded hehe

JU88 - the 500lb ones... the small ones didnt go

Server Repka

if only i screenshot the explosion

Flashman
05-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I did about 2 hours of testing this morning using realistic settings on my own 'server'. The results where inconclusive.

Ju87 & Ju88: Often SC250 & SC500s would not explode. I tried the various fusing options. I mainly do dive bombing and only got the bombs to go off about half the time though I was essentially doing the same thing each time. Basiclly with these two planes I found the bombs to be the most unreliable, I simply couldn't tell if they worked or not.

I found the higher you released them the more chance you have of them going off. The SC50s are more forgiving.

Low level bombing in the Ju88 doesn't really work, they just bounce and fail to explode, even with low level fusing.

Blenheim: With General Purpose fusing I got them to explode quite often even at relatively low levels. I don't mean on the deck but lower than you can manage in a Ju88.

Bf109 & Bf 110: generally I could get these (sc50s, SC250s & SC500s) to explode in a shallow diving attack, again not too low though.

Br20 & He111: didn't really try much. Without level stabiliser level bombing is difficult. However the he111 using SC250s again where uinreliable bombing from altitude (4000m).

Conclusion:

I don't know if what I saw was the result of a game bug or if this is 'realistic' or what is intended. Bombing certainly isn't easy!

Saintblu
05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Flash hit me up for co op.... I want to see this. Can we crew in syn server?