PDA

View Full Version : Detail is amazing

Hunden
05-01-2011, 08:32 PM
I know COD is a little bug ridden but I just want to say thank you for all your hard work and I think most of us notice the details. I took the tigermoth out on take off and just noticed all the detail in the woodgrain, the leather and all the other details that were just awesome. Keep up the good work and to anyone who dosen't like it piss off.:grin:

Armatian
05-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I found some textures, specially terrain, overdetailed, to much grainy contrast, like roads up close, but the detail on planes truly amazing

ATAG_Dutch
05-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Keep up the good work and to anyone who dosen't like it piss off.:grin:

I like a bloke who says it like it is. Thanks mate!:grin:

Heliocon
05-02-2011, 12:04 AM
I like a bloke who says it like it is. Thanks mate!:grin:

And then the game will never get patched because people wont buy it in the hopes that it gets love, stupid thing to say.

-reply added later.

Hunden
05-02-2011, 12:42 AM
And then the game will never get patched because people wont buy it in the hopes that it gets love, stupid thing to say.
You have had nothing good to say about COD. What now I'm getting censored?? Love the game, beginning to F%@&king hate this forum Bull sh!t.

ATAG_Dutch
05-02-2011, 01:21 AM

Let me get this correct.

'People won't buy it in the hopes that it gets love'.

They hope that it is loved, so they refuse to buy it.

In their hope that it will be loved, they will refuse to pay it any attention.

They will wish it all the love in the world, but will personally ignore it.

Nope, sorry, no matter what I do with that sentence, it still sounds like the puerile ramblings of an attention seeking loved starved child.

May I refer you here?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22382

Doc_uk
05-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Dont think theres any need to call anybody retarded M8, i find that word very offensive........

Neil Lowe
05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I like how the tape covering the gun ports in the Hurricane is intact until you start firing.

Cheers, Neil :)

fantated
05-02-2011, 11:27 AM
+1 to Op.
+1 to Doc uk.

Keep up the good work.

kristorf
05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I find now days people are offended easily by simlpe words........it wasn't directed at you so man up and stop acting like a chick M8 and I said kind of or something to that effect anyway.:grin:

On an open forum do you expect people not to respond to your OTT comments?

Being offensive for the sake of it shows a decided lack of common sense and putting a smillie behind it doesn't fix it really.

Hunden
05-02-2011, 01:42 PM
On an open forum do you expect people not to respond to your OTT comments?

Being offensive for the sake of it shows a decided lack of common sense and putting a smillie behind it doesn't fix it really.

Are you people done highjacking this thread yet. I responded to someone calling my statement stupid. And my statement was thanking the devs for there great work and attention to detail. So get off your high horse and add something constructive to the post or dont say anything at all M8.:grin:

kristorf
05-02-2011, 02:48 PM
My horse was quite high (about 8.2 hands and named Nero) when in the Cavalry.......

Manners cost nowt do they.

As for constructive comment, yes the detail is amazing, especially the shadow movement across the 'pits, tyre treads and animated inflation.

Doc_uk
05-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I find now days people are offended easily by simlpe words........it wasn't directed at you so man up and stop acting like a chick M8 and I said kind of or something to that effect anyway.:grin:
Retarded is not a simple word, and trust me if it had of been directed at me, then yes i would of reported you.
And wether or not it was directed at me or not, it doesnt give you the right to call someone else it....
Idiot would have benn good enough:grin:

And sorry Hunden
I didnt mean to hijack your post

BigPickle
05-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Fella's y'know how'll turn up if you dont stop

Hunden
05-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Fella's y'know how'll turn up if you dont stop

What, did you miss the part where we kised and made up. Your right Doc next time I'll use Idiot, Peace:grin:

ATAG_Dutch
05-03-2011, 12:32 AM
So Hunden gets banned for using the kind of abuse that another person who's posted in this thread uses regularly and gets away with it?

I really can't see much distinction between 'moron' and 'retard', but maybe that's just my lack of social education.

For the first time, I think I'm going to put some people on the ignore list.

Bad form.

Kakashi
05-03-2011, 01:46 AM
So Hunden gets banned for using the kind of abuse that another person who's posted in this thread uses regularly and gets away with it?

I really can't see much distinction between 'moron' and 'retard', but maybe that's just my lack of social education.

For the first time, I think I'm going to put some people on the ignore list.

Bad form.

A retard can actually refer to real life conditions (Although very offending ESPECIALLY on a mentally challenged person) and really isn't a nice word. I personally would recommend using on only a select group of people which you actually know, that way you can get away with it. (like your friends, and don't say it like you mean it)

A moron is someone stupid/ annoying :D Hope that helped.

Vengeanze
05-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Don't know nor care but "Location: with your girl friend"!?!
The dude want's attention and special treatment.
Some puppys need more agressive training.

Heliocon
05-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Let me get this correct.

'People won't buy it in the hopes that it gets love'.

They hope that it is loved, so they refuse to buy it.

In their hope that it will be loved, they will refuse to pay it any attention.

They will wish it all the love in the world, but will personally ignore it.

Nope, sorry, no matter what I do with that sentence, it still sounds like the puerile ramblings of an attention seeking loved starved child.

May I refer you here?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22382

This is a funny thread, I actually never even realised the argument was about something I posted because I jumped to the end/second page.

What I meant to say is telling people who are unhappy with the game's state to bugger off/go away and dont buy it is stupid. Because alot of people buy it in faith, in the hope that it will be patched and become good, so they buy if for what it will be, not what it currently is.

If you remove those people, who will fund the game between its release and its actual fully playable/polished state? Its foolish to insult people who are supporting the game, and they have a right to complain, or not buy it, but its better to buy it and post then not fund the projects at all. Do we agree on that?

Also as per my policy I dont edit content/correct my posts after the fact as many do, so that sentence is definitly not elegant. Also as far as the accusations of me insulting people goes, yes I have done it but not under circumstances like this. I wont insult someone for a subjective opinion, I will get pissed off if someone posts misinformation or trolls though. So to call me a troll and say I have nothing positive to say about the game is kinda sad, I have complemented the devs/game on many things, but I do not troll and I do not argue over things that cannot be supported by a sound and logical argument + evidence. When people refuse to do that and keep arguing/not reading then I have been known to maybe, once, just a little, course :P

Pluto
05-03-2011, 08:23 AM
If this sim will be bought by a great number of people? I doubt it.

It is something special that only a few flightsim enthousiasts like you and me will appreciate. The big majority of general "gamers" will not bother to buy it.

It is too complicated if you want instant "fun". That is why shooters like "Call of Duty" and the like are more popular.

Anyway, I think (and hope) it will get the same support as the old IL2 had.
Still expecting planes like the FW190 the P38, P51, P47 Thunderbolt, the japanese Zero, the ME262 and so on and all the relevant maps of all the theatres of worldwar 2. So there is still a lot to do
:!:

SEE
05-05-2011, 12:19 PM
I was gobsmacked by this video posted at the SAS forum.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6xGuqK42TU

Rattlehead
05-05-2011, 12:27 PM
That video is...wow. Brilliant.

W0ef
05-05-2011, 07:11 PM
One more just for the fun of it, this has been mentioned before of course.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3341/codreflection.jpg

Instrument panel shows pilot reflection when zoomed into it.

JumpingHubert
05-05-2011, 07:39 PM
i like the blue filter in the video.
@woef
hehe. the empty seat destroys the immersion a little bit.

Triggaaar
05-05-2011, 08:05 PM
@woef
hehe. the empty seat destroys the immersion a little bit.It's not empty, just look further down, past your screen - there, you're on the seat! Trying to show your body when using 6dof would've been messy, better as it is I think.

Hunden
05-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Don't know nor care but "Location: with your girl friend"!?!
The dude want's attention and special treatment.
Some puppys need more agressive training.

Dont worry to much yours is more than likely a mutt, maybe you'd have better luck with sheep. cheers M8 :grin:
If you can't tell " location: with your girlfriend " is not meant to be taken seriously well then worry all you want :confused:

LcSummers
05-10-2011, 06:51 AM

Sorry, i tried it but it doesnt show me the pilot. Only the backwall is visible. Where do ihave to enable it? Tried the Spit 1a but no pilot is visible.

Vengeanze
05-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Dont worry to much yours is more than likely a mutt, maybe you'd have better luck with sheep. cheers M8 :grin:
If you can't tell " location: with your girlfriend " is not meant to be taken seriously well then worry all you want :confused:

goosfraba

sigur_ros
05-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Trying to show your body when using 6dof would've been messy, better as it is I think.

Looking down to empty seat is odd, feel like ghost. Visible body should be option, just body and legs, arms get in way.

Hunden
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
goosfraba

Iga mo

W0ef
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Sorry, i tried it but it doesnt show me the pilot. Only the backwall is visible. Where do ihave to enable it? Tried the Spit 1a but no pilot is visible.

Hrm, might be that it works for me because I have SetFlag.Reflections=1 in my conf.ini (Not sure of the exact name since Im not behind my game rig, and yes I like to tweak my conf.ini lots :P)

LcSummers
05-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Hrm, might be that it works for me because I have SetFlag.Reflections=1 in my conf.ini (Not sure of the exact name since Im not behind my game rig, and yes I like to tweak my conf.ini lots :P)

Thanks alot W0ef,

i´ll give it a try and i know i can always relay on you;)

Salute

Didnt work for me. Never mind opening a new thread.

philip.ed
05-10-2011, 06:47 PM

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3341/codreflection.jpg

Weird reflection....because it's not a reflection. The spade-grip has been mirrored...it's a view of how the pilot would look if someone knelt in the cockpit and looked at him, rather than showing the reflection in a mirror/similar surface.
I can't believe they could get that wrong! Anyhow, it won't bother me when I'm flying...

Birdflu
05-10-2011, 07:17 PM
I thick it is a great sim . But we need to give a bit o space to developers to make better.
In line with older sim is far away. Will have to be passion for a sort time.

winny
05-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Weird reflection....because it's not a reflection. The spade-grip has been mirrored...it's a view of how the pilot would look if someone knelt in the cockpit and looked at him, rather than showing the reflection in a mirror/similar surface.
I can't believe they could get that wrong! Anyhow, it won't bother me when I'm flying...

What's wrong with it? I don't see what you mean :confused:

The fire button is on the left as you look at it, but on the pilots right in the reflection... Isn't that right?

He's also using his left hand in the reflection.

David Hayward
05-10-2011, 07:46 PM

Other than seeing the pilot's hands in the reflection but not actually holding the grip, it looks ok to me.

philip.ed
05-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Actually, yes, you're correct :oops: I just did a double take, and it is indeed correct. It's interesting, because when originally posted in the development updates, the reflection was off as I suggested, but I am wrong and I apologise for being both rude and arrogant in my suggestion.

I think the reason I got this confused was because of the position of the pilot's thumb. Obviously it's away from the firing button, but in the picture, it looks as though it's on the button (if this makes sense).
Anyway, much ado about nothing, but I feel bad for being so rude :oops:

LcSummers
05-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Pilot found!!!

Sokuras enlighred me!!

Didnt know that the pilot is only visible in the Hurri.:rolleyes: