PDA

View Full Version : Any SLI CoD users?

Katana1000S
05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm ordering a new 27" Dell U2711 LCD tomorrow, this one has a res of 2560 x 1440 over my current LCD's 1920 x 1080, running 1 x GTX570 SC just now and thinking I might need one more in SLI to help at this resolution (+ I like comp parts because I'm a hardware geek) if no performance gain in SLI is there at least no performance loss by using SLI?

I do believe SLI was meant to be in the latest patch?

335th_GRAthos
05-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Judging by your signature, you may need to overclock that 486DX a bit more for this resolution.... LOL

Well, SLI is not working yet, Luthier mentioned that it will probably work AFTER NVIDIA released their next drivers set and was giving a timeline of a month or so.

That said, although the 570GTX is a very nice card, I would recomend that you wait as one month is translated to a significant price decrease of the cost of hardware.
Unless of course if you have a buying opportunity linked to the purchase of your new monitor.

My 2cents...

Happy Flying!

Katana1000S
05-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks, sounds promising.

EDIT: just noticed you are running 2 x GTX570's in SLI, do you see a performance loss in CoD just now in SLI or no difference? do you have to disable SLI for CoD at all while we wait for new Nvidea drivers?

And yes you are right, a second 570 would be linked to the purchase of the new monitor.

Thanks again.

335th_GRAthos
05-01-2011, 09:07 PM
do you see a performance loss in CoD just now in SLI or no difference? do you have to disable SLI for CoD at all while we wait for new Nvidea drivers?

Some people said you should disable SLI, I have not but did not see any difference but I fly rather mediocre resolution of 1280x and I am happy with the fps I have so no reason to mess around with it too much right now while waiting for so many other things to get patched.
This is an original screenshot 3840x resolution, move sliders to the right to see the game
http://www.stoimenos.com/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_1280x1024_beta14_CPUload2.jpg

My usual resolution (IL2FB) is 3072x so I am not sure whether the two 570GTX will be able to cope with the load at decent frame rates (>40fps), probably not - probably yes (depending on the multi-core + graphics optimisations to come, too early to tell though) so I wait and see.
It is clear to me that in the next 12 months there will be GPUs out with twice the performance of the current 570GTX and then it will be the time to buy again a set (I tend to buy a new set of SLI-GPUs every 16months).
The other option I think of, is getting a third 570GTX one day (I have tri-SLI mobo), this might keep my current fps at three times the resolution at acceptable rate but too early to make theoretical assumptions of this depth....

Happy Flying!

Katana1000S
05-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks.

Aty2
05-02-2011, 12:29 AM
yes, i have a SLI of 9800GTX+ (core 765 mhz ) dual core E7300, 4 GB ram, win 7

with the last patch the game it works more or less playable, in London it between 7 and 30 FPS, I usually play at 30 fps, and maps of the islands at 30 35, with low options

Byer

Katana1000S
05-02-2011, 03:20 AM
yes, i have a SLI of 9800GTX+ (core 765 mhz ) dual core E7300, 4 GB ram, win 7

with the last patch the game it works more or less playable, in London it between 7 and 30 FPS, I usually play at 30 fps, and maps of the islands at 30 35, with low options

Byer

Hi, are you finding it playable because of SLI?

I'm aware of the general performance increasing patching since CoD came out, despite my sig I do have a very high spec rig and had CoD running fairly well even on day one, just keen to hear about any SLI performance gain before I commit to buying one more GTX 570 SC.

Thanks.

335th_GRAthos
05-02-2011, 07:08 AM
No he does not (because SLI is not working yet). It is the optimasitions of the code (multi-CPU support and unwanted graphics reduction options) that were made available with the latest patch that made the difference.

In theory you should see double te performance with SLI (new cards give between 80% - 100% improvement, especially when using very high resolutions).

But you can not do anything but wait to see the real results, probably it will take a month...

Winger
05-02-2011, 11:00 AM
I have a SLI setup also. Currently SLI does not work properly. However i have been messing around with SLI and compatibility bits in NVIDIA inspector and i got it to work. The Screen was flickering andind fact its not playable BUT it doubled my framerate.
So i am certain once the next NVIDIA drivers come out that support CloD SLI will work and the performancegain will be huge!
I already ordered a 3rd GTX 480 so i have tripple SLI up and running once the driver comes out. I have a 30" display and am hoping to run the game maxxed out on 2560x1600 resolution.

Winger

Katana1000S
05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks guys, I'm confident enough now to go ahead and order a second GTX570 SC.

335th_GRAthos
05-03-2011, 03:58 PM
But you can not do anything but wait to see the real results, probably it will take a month...

Did say that!?

small correction; It may come much faster :-)

The good news is that in the meantime we ironed out both Crossfire and SLI support and generally did a lot of other good things to the game. Rest assured that this one persistent full screen issue is not preventing us from improving the game in other ways and proceeding with the plan....

~S~