PDA

View Full Version : Launcher Green Screen error

Lourwind
05-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Hey, I'm new to the forums, been lurking for a few weeks hoping to see someone else with the same problem I'm having, but to no avail. So I've joined in the hopes of finding a fix so I can continue to enjoy Cliffs of Dover.

Basically, prior to the last few updates, I managed to get the game running somewhat decently, however after the update whenever I go to run the launcher.exe, everything loads up as normal, except I can't see anything but green. I can still hear the opening logo's and music at the menu, but I can't click anything or see anything except the green with black bars stretching across the top and bottom of the screen like a wide screen movie.

I've tried running in compatibility mode, gone through my config settings, and tried deleting the cache as well. So far nothing has fixed this.

I really enjoyed the game when it was working so any help get me back in the skies would be great.

My computer specs are as listed below in my signature.

Lourwind
05-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Sorry for the double post but I JUST FIXED MY ISSUE!

I was lurking on the ubisoft forum when I noticed someone has figured out how to disable the ubisoft splash screen after the loading reticle with the plane inside it, disappears.

It was here my game always seems to show a green screen, with black bars at top and bottom with only the sound from the splash screen and nothing else.

So I changed the name on the splashscreen, located /parts/core/GUI and renamed the .wmv file to a different name. When I fired up CoD it fired up on the first go, everything works great.

Hope this helps anyone else unlucky enough to come across this error.

I'll stick around on the forums though, hope to join the rest of you in the skies now. :D