PDA

View Full Version : Launcher.exe crash

Ivan Fooker
04-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi folks,
i am sure this issue has been posted several times, but i couldnt find an dedicated thread for it.
So i would like to collect your expiereinces, as i had this crash the first time .

Until this afternoon i was using Catlyst 11.4 on my HD5890 (i7920;6gigRam;Win764b).
I am using the latest beat patch, that was released the 27th, means the 14305.

Right now the game crashed by the message "Launcher.exe dosent work..."
After i turned back to Cat. 11.3 ,deleted (just to be sure) the cache folder i had no crashes again so far.

So what are your expiereinces to that issue?
I guess GPU and its driver version and patch would be very useful info to that topic.

Zappatime
04-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Laucher.exe crashes are not exactly frequent for me, but they do happen, ever since the first patch and every single time for me its been triggered by me jumping through external views of aircraft in a mission, I'm sure its a memory handling issue, sometimes it just looks like it gives up on trying to keep up with what its trying to load in, scenery wise.

nvidia drivers haven't really changed the frequency of the crashes, but I guess I haven't had quite as many crashes after this last beta. more planes in a mission, more likelihood of a crash in changing an external view to another aircraft.

Ivan Fooker
04-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Noticed another crash with the Cat.11.3 after i tried to load the Coop Misison in FMB.
I had to finish the game via taskmanager.
So i dont know if that is really a Launcher.exe issue.

JG14_Jagr
04-30-2011, 10:27 PM
The only launcher issues I have had is when I make video changes and the game asks to restart but it hangs with that error.. so I just restart manually and everything works fine with the changes made

palker4
04-30-2011, 10:33 PM
I get Launcher.exe has stopped working all the time with and without the beta patch online play is simply impossible as the game will CTD or freeze after i load the map or when i spawn my aircraft. I am using 270.51 nvidia drivers. I will try to disable external views to see if that is a problem

PatBig
05-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Hello,

I bought a Collector Edition of the game a month ago, but I have never had a chance to play as I always get a launcher.exe crash every time I try to start the game. I tried to uninstall steam + IL2 COD, do a deep cleaning (registery, temp files, deleting all remaining files after uninstall, etc.) before re-install : no change.

I am aware that my system is way bellow minimum specs, but it sounds strange to me that I am not even able to reach the step of the game user interface !
(I am planning to upgrade my system specifically for COD in the coming months).
I tried to close all "useless" processes, but no change.

Here is what happens :
1 - I double-clic on the shortcut to launch the game (steam connection up and running).
2 - Launcher takes 60 to 90% of the (100% busy) CPU for a few seconds (just as it does when I run successfully IL2 1946...).
3 - I get the yellow reticle and plane (picture bellow) for 2 seconds, and then Launcher.exe suddenly vanishes from the task manager's task list, without showing any error message.

This happenned since the beginning (game release) no matter what version of steam or IL2 COD I had.

I have the latest version of steam installed, and the latest official patch of the game distributed by steam (no beta patch).
nVidia display drivers version : 270,61
I did a game files check in steam, and it said all was fine.

Any idea how to at least be able to launch (if not play...) the game ?

I have spent some time searching this forum for posts regarding similar issues and couldn't find the exact same case and a solution.

SlipBall
05-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Hello,

I bought a Collector Edition of the game a month ago, but I have never had a chance to play as I always get a launcher.exe crash every time I try to start the game. I tried to uninstall steam + IL2 COD, do a deep cleaning (registery, temp files, deleting all remaining files after uninstall, etc.) before re-install : no change.

I am aware that my system is way bellow minimum specs, but it sounds strange to me that I am not even able to reach the step of the game user interface !

Here is what happens :
1 - I double-clic on the shortcut to launch the game (steam connection up and running).
2 - Launcher takes 60 to 90% of the (100% busy) CPU for a few seconds (just as it does when I run successfully IL2 1946...).
3 - I get the yellow reticle and plane (picture bellow) for 2 seconds, and then Launcher.exe suddenly vanishes from the task manager's task list, without showing any error message.

This happenned since the beginning (game release) no matter what version of steam or IL2 COD I had.

I have the latest version of steam installed, and the latest official patch of the game distributed by steam (no beta patch).

I have spent some time searching this forum for posts regarding similar issues and couldn't find the exact same case and a solution.

Were you able to fix this problem with the game?...I got the same problem, you would think that a log file would be written somewhere, explaining the failure.:confused:

Krähe
05-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Copied from a performance thread:

Well to quote Luthier in the patch thread:
"It shouldn't be crashing. Can you please enable logging for your game
(conf.ini - log=1 - logkeep=1)
and send some crash logs over to luthier1@gmail.com?
This goes for anyone who experiences crashes."

Let us know how you go.

SlipBall
05-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Copied from a performance thread:

Well to quote Luthier in the patch thread:
"It shouldn't be crashing. Can you please enable logging for your game
(conf.ini - log=1 - logkeep=1)
and send some crash logs over to luthier1@gmail.com?
This goes for anyone who experiences crashes."

Let us know how you go.

The log file appears each time, but has 0 kb in it:confused:

PatBig
05-24-2011, 10:19 PM
@ SlipBall :
I still haven't found a way to fix that. Launcher.exe is crashing every time I try to launch the game.

Steam updated IL2 CoD to the latest patch today, but no change.

@ Krähe :
I enabled the log as you suggested, but it sounds like the program doesn't even have the time to start logging before crashing. After several game launch attempts, I made a search on the entire C drive where steam and IL2 CoD are installed, but it didn't find any file named "log.txt".

SlipBall
05-24-2011, 10:30 PM
@ SlipBall :
I still haven't found a way to fix that. Launcher.exe is crashing every time I try to launch the game.

Steam updated IL2 CoD to the latest patch today, but no change.

@ Krähe :
I enabled the log as you suggested, but it sounds like the program doesn't even have the time to start logging before crashing. After several game launch attempts, I made a search on the entire C drive where steam and IL2 CoD are installed, but it didn't find any file named "log.txt".

Yea, was having the same problem. My old vidio card was 256 mb, and the minimum specs for the game is 512 mb. I had to upgrade that, but it only cost me a hundred bucks. You should look in that direction I think...best of luck!

Thee_oddball
05-25-2011, 12:06 AM
how many of u are using XP3?

BlackBerry
05-25-2011, 03:43 AM
please check your .net framework 4.0.

download it ,repair it, reinstall it, what ever....

just make sure your .net is ok.

windows7.net is crappy.

PC=bad user experience, Macintosh=good user experience,;)

scrope
05-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Hello,

Here is what happens :

Pat, time to fork out a lot of cash, your specs are your problem, i had more or less the same setup 5yrs ago and has cost me a £1100 to upgrade to the system i have now, raid the kids piggy banks and treat yourself to a new experience.