PDA

View Full Version : What AI Improvements compared to IL2?

oho
04-30-2011, 04:21 PM
What AI-Improvements in comparison to IL2 are implemented by the Dev-team? Which ones are planned for future patches.
Most wanted is AI that could be surprised from the rear and AI that can't see through clouds and tries to hide in clouds (If we have a cloud layer).

raaaid
04-30-2011, 04:24 PM
i have surprised ai several times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNOVmsEmyAA

Uzin
04-30-2011, 04:24 PM
What AI-Improvements in comparison to IL2 are implemented by the Dev-team? Which ones are planned for future patches.
Most wanted is AI that could be surprised from the rear and AI that can't see through clouds and tries to hide in clouds (If we have a cloud layer).
I consider these features to be most needed ones, indeed.

Rattlehead
04-30-2011, 04:54 PM
I've been testing the AI a lot...it needs quite a bit of work to be honest. It's not just the crazy rates of roll that's the problem; there are other issues as well.
I'm preparing a thread highlighting the problems I've found so far.

oho
04-30-2011, 05:22 PM
surprising the enemy is an old IL2 "feature" after a long fight, the enemy is flying home and not reacting anymore, or the number of AI manouvers seem to have a maximum I had the impression. Did you record this at the begining of the fighting?

rga
04-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Turn down IL-2's AI to "rookie" and you should be able to surprise them plenty of times. The only problem that destroys the immersions is: when AI "chooses" to be surprised, they don't even bore to react when bullets are flying by. Just a big fat slow moving target, no more.

As I can see in this vid, AI leader doesn't react when his wingman gets shot down (though I could be wrong). I wonder what happended to him next? Did he get shot down too or was it a chaotic 15-minute-dogfight dogfight that followed?

reflected
04-30-2011, 07:58 PM
What has been improved? The roll rate! :-P

TacKY
04-30-2011, 08:28 PM
I think the AI is worse. They ******* disengage without even downing a plane a lot of the time.

raaaid
04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
you can see in the video second ai plane scaped

jrg
05-01-2011, 01:00 AM
I know than this was maybe not the case for the RAF and maybe not during the battle of britain but sometimes the orders where very strict about formation flying and at least for germany at the end of the war and for Soviet union, the pilots where told to not leave the formation under any circumstances (even if being downed one by one) although this behaviour would be acceptable in the game only for noob AI.

What bothered me about Il2 1946 other than the stranges manoeuvers was the fact that when the AI was anything better than noob it was impossible to surprise the enemy, even when approaching in his low six when he was heading alone for home, being under 500m and he started an evasive manoeuvers.