PDA

View Full Version : omg love the online im hooked

raaaid
04-30-2011, 03:31 PM
just shot down two 109

but who would be so stupid to fly a 109 against a spit if he can choose?:confused:

baronWastelan
04-30-2011, 03:42 PM
It's only stupid to fly a 109 if you go around shooting the smoke granades.

raaaid
04-30-2011, 03:49 PM
i have the feeling the 109 got porked after a patch :(

its not very fair now

i was so happy when i read in the manual:

the machines are so similar its up to the pilot:o

seiseki
04-30-2011, 04:39 PM
but who would be so stupid to fly a 109 against a spit if he can choose?:confused:

Wait.. what?
The only advantage the spit has is turn rate and agility..
The 109 dives faster, has more ammo, canon, is faster, engine can handle positive Gs.

I still fly hurricanes and spits though.. :P

Superluminal_8
04-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Wait.. what?
The 109 dives faster, has more ammo, canon, is faster, engine can handle positive Gs.

That´s why my 109 cannons not doing so well.It´s a canon and only take shots . ;)

Widow17
04-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Wait.. what?

yea as long as your satisfied with hit and run tactics, some people prefer the dogfight though :) and no the 109 is not faster than a spit, it just has a little better climb and acceleration.

So far on every online server i was there were only spit2s flying around. Hardly anyone is looking for good fights. Its just pawnage most people seem to want. Same as most dogfightservers in IL2 where all planes are allowed and half of the crew is flying la7. Might as well activate god mode ;))

Froddi
04-30-2011, 06:05 PM
I havent tried it online yet but are there any people running coops like in original IL2?
Coops are my fav!

Ataros
04-30-2011, 06:48 PM
So far on every online server i was there were only spit2s flying around.

Spit2 is not available on most "full-real" servers for a long time )) Check Syn server or Repka.

Helrza
04-30-2011, 08:47 PM

Me, already had a few rolling dogfights against spitties, and won :D Trick to 109 cannons.... wait till ya win the advantage and hold ya fire till ya in nice and close :)

raaaid
04-30-2011, 08:54 PM
do you use sluts on the 109 or somwething?

Widow17
04-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Spit2 is not available on most "full-real" servers for a long time )) Check Syn server or Repka.

Roger, good to hear. Anyway i didnt critizise the availability of spit2 but the mentality of people ;)

DB605
04-30-2011, 09:07 PM

Sluts lol. I don't know about others but i don't use "sluts", it's just the thing like real life: if you know your plane very well you can win any fight with it, even if enemy plane has some better features...

Helrza
04-30-2011, 09:54 PM

lmao, nah i dont use sluts mate, thats for the heartbreaker spit only :D

nah, i dont use the slats, ive mapped a key, but they dont work, unless its like the flaps and u gotta hold down the key to extend or retract. Comes down to speed and manuvering, use of flaps and rudder really. Always fly to get the advantage 1st, not the shot.

fruitbat
04-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Roger, good to hear. Anyway i didnt critizise the availability of spit2 but the mentality of people ;)

Thats kinda funny since its the only plane approaching a correct fm, at least down low (as there all fubar at alt).

but makes sense since the other spits and the 109 are nerfed so much.

for me, until the fm's are fixed to be somewhere close to reality, i'm not even going to bother with online.

xnomad
04-30-2011, 10:46 PM
I've yet to see a Spit MK1 put up a good fight online. Everyone is in 109s when I log on. I think maybe the neg G cutout is really putting people off.

A lot of Spitfire fliers in the past chose the spit as it was an easy option, now that there is some difficulty in flying it they've jumped ship to the 109.

When MP really takes off I think we'll see the proliferation of Spit MK2 and the Spit MK1 will be relegated to the empty servers.

Blackdog_kt
05-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Well, the 109 is not exactly easy to fly either, what with the manual pitch and all.

To be honest, i never flew Spits in IL2 because it was so easy to fly that it was a constant temptation to do silly things with the idea that i can get away with anything, then end up getting bounced by something with huge cannons :-P
In fact, most of the really successful and really dangerous Spit pilots online where found up high at contrail level. It wasn't the Spit on the deck i was worried about in my 190 unless he managed to get the jump on me somehow and i couldn't accelerate or dive away in time...it was the guy up at 8km that could scatter a flight of four 190s.

In CoD though, the Spits has actually got a decent bit of workload and forces you to think in terms other than pure two-axis geometry (aka yank and bank), so i have started enjoying it too.
The Luftwaffe birds are also nice because they have some extra complications for the benefit of improved performance in the 109 (once the FMs get corrected) and massive firepower in the 110 compared to the rest of the fighters in the sim (the 109 is not shabby either, but the 110 is easier to score hits with due to the guns all being in the nose).

Long story short, the more complex the sim the more interesting all the aircraft become to use :grin:

raaaid
05-01-2011, 02:04 AM
OH SORRY IT WAS ME THE STUPID

i thought the model got porked but i was flying carrying a huge bomb :)

blitze
05-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Long story short, the more complex the sim the more interesting all the aircraft become to use :grin:

+1 :grin:

Bring it on.

xnomad
05-01-2011, 11:48 PM
I took the Spit out last night as everyone was flying blue again. I have a theory that maybe a lot of people who are unhappy with the game fly the Spit?
4/5 takeoffs had the rumbling noise continue once the wheels had gone back in, very frustrating, especially as the takeoff takes so long as you have to wait for a warm up only to discover that the sound is bugged and you need to hit refly. You take off again, and it's the same problem, hit refly fingers crossed.

So when I finally got the plane off the ground without the sound bug I promptly got shot down :D as I was too busy familiarizing myself with the plane. I was impressed with the damage I got from the quick burst, nice to see what the 109 can do from the receiving end.

Then took off again and got my first two human flown 109s. I find the guns much more effective against human opponents than against AI. You get some oil and fuel streaming from a 109 on the wrong side of the channel and you know he's not likely to get home. But not just that, I got some beautiful flames coming out of one 109 with just a few squirts. The DM is just fantastic.

Ploughman
05-01-2011, 11:52 PM

Oh, I do love the English language.

AndyJWest
05-02-2011, 01:08 AM
OH SORRY IT WAS ME THE STUPID

i thought the model got porked but i was flying carrying a huge bomb :)

LOL! :grin: