PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to disable cockpit shadows?

acare84
04-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi, is there a way to disable cockpit shadows? I think it really effects the performance and I want to disable it but I couldn't find it to disable it. When I turn off the shadows from the settings all shadows turned off but it is bad. I just want to disable cockpit shadows. I hope they will add turn off option for the cockpit shadows with a patch if there is no way to only disable it. Thanks.

CH_RoadDogg
04-30-2011, 02:46 PM
In Game Options / Video settings

Extreme_One
04-30-2011, 02:48 PM
In Game Options / Video settings

lol I guess you didn't read what OP requested :-P

ATM you can turn off ALL shadows or have ALL shadows on.

OP wants to be able to disable only the cockpit shadows but leave the landscape shadows on.

Can't be done at present but could be a handy feature if the devs enable it.

CH_RoadDogg
04-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Nope just answered the thread title.

acare84
04-30-2011, 03:31 PM
lol I guess you didn't read what OP requested :-P

ATM you can turn off ALL shadows or have ALL shadows on.

OP wants to be able to disable only the cockpit shadows but leave the landscape shadows on.

Can't be done at present but could be a handy feature if the devs enable it.

That is right. That is what I want, I hope they will add this option to graphics settings.

TheStarOfAfrica
04-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Please, I'm new on the forum. I don't know how to put the post. Please help me... I want to know how to open canopy in Ki-84, because in simple options it is imposible.. maybe is any key for it; please tell me

Best Regards,

Ralph

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Please, I'm new on the forum. I don't know how to put the post. Please help me... I want to know how to open canopy in Ki-84, because in simple options it is imposible.. maybe is any key for it; please tell me

Best Regards,

Ralph

Er Ralph...your on the wrong forum buddy,this is 'Cliffs Of Dover' so Battle of Britain Aircraft not Jap fighters,but I think it's Ctrl + C;)

machoo
05-01-2011, 03:41 AM
I bet it turns off with a mod.

jimbop
05-01-2011, 04:08 AM
I'd prefer cockpit shadows on and landscape off. I find the cockpit shadows help situational awareness since you can keep better track of orientation with the sun (but drop fps obviously...)

machoo
05-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Well if you want shadows on , hit Shift-F1

jimbop
05-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Well if you want shadows on , hit Shift-F1

I don't understand - Shift F1 toggles aim (loosen shoulder straps). Can you explain? I'm talking about the shadows cast by the cockpit frame.

ocococ
05-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I think he means Ctrl-F1. No cockpit --> no cockpit shadows :P.

jimbop
05-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I think he means Ctrl-F1. No cockpit --> no cockpit shadows :P.

Probably. Anyway, with the latest patch I'm buzzing around with shadows enabled and medium-high for everything at 1600*900. Good enough for me...