PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim problems (CEM)

F16_Neo
04-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Anyone been able to coldstart, taxi and take off without breaking anything?
After I started engines, I let the oil get 30-40°, then I carefully try to taxi out to the runway.
Every time I break something in an engine before getting anywhere. Seems like engines start to break att 55° oil temp. Also seemingly random failures (exhaust outlet, governor failure, oil gasket...)
It is also a real pain to taxi, must use brakes a lot.

Would need an engine-off-to-gear-up tutorial of some sort...

bando
04-30-2011, 06:44 PM
On your right side, over your right shoulder there's the fuel valves. Above them are the cylinder temp gauges. Take off when they are about 200 degrees and NEVER exceed 250.
Trim the rudder to the left, as the plane spawns with the rudder trimmed fully right.

Hope this will get you started.

Blackdog_kt
04-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Also, the mixture is reversed (just like in the Spit and Hurri). Get the levers fully aft to set rich mixture before take-off, because lean mixture and high power is a recipe for overheat ;)

JG53Frankyboy
04-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Also, the mixture is reversed (just like in the Spit and Hurri). Get the levers fully aft to set rich mixture before take-off, because lean mixture and high power is a recipe for overheat ;)

so if the digital info settings are saying 0% mixture its actually calculated as full rich mixture in the gameengine in these planes ?

baronWastelan
04-30-2011, 10:52 PM
the digital info "0% mixture" is mis-labled. It really means "lever all the way back", same as in the Hurricane.

F16_Neo
05-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Thanks. Didn't know about mix beeing reversed, might be why I break stuff, running too lean.

JG53Frankyboy
05-01-2011, 11:46 AM
the digital info "0% mixture" is mis-labled. It really means "lever all the way back", same as in the Hurricane.

yep, they realy should work on it :D
in the G.50 and Moth as examples throttle (of you gamecontroler) full forward (100%) means "cockpit lever full back" too.
IMHO thats the the way it should work in all planes . YOUR Gamecontroler is giving the amount/direction and is showing the digital numbers. In whatever direction the 3D incockpit lever is moving.....
they can change this when it is possible to set controls for every plane itself !

Siegfried
05-01-2011, 12:23 PM
I think that mixture don't make diference. I move all way and the engines don't show any change in rpm...

bando
05-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Try taking off on lean. You will see that you need some more power. Sliding to rich (or normal) is the way to get that power. You'll notice the difference there.

JG53Frankyboy
05-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Sliding to rich (or normal) ......

and that would be 0%, correct ?
you have to start the engines with 0% anyway :D

bando
05-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Well it means all the way back. I made the comment because Siegfried said it made no difference at all. I found it made a lot of difference, especially on the take off run.
Levers forward=weak (lean)
Levers backwards=normal (rich)

Temps are the most imporrtant issue on this plane. Cylinder head temps are critical. Keep in between 200 and 240.

baronWastelan
05-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Anyone been able to coldstart, taxi and take off without breaking anything?
After I started engines, I let the oil get 30-40°, then I carefully try to taxi out to the runway.
Every time I break something in an engine before getting anywhere. Seems like engines start to break att 55° oil temp. Also seemingly random failures (exhaust outlet, governor failure, oil gasket...)
It is also a real pain to taxi, must use brakes a lot.

Would need an engine-off-to-gear-up tutorial of some sort...

Track file zipped and attached. Cross Country quick mission, with cross wind, full CEM with overheat. I have singe throttle and single prop control levers. Track does not show how I switched between port and starbord engines to give more power to the starboard engine during takeoff roll. Time from 1st flip of a switch to wheels up: 10min 13 sec.

Track also doesn't show the carb heat levers as I was testing them. All you need to know is to move them both forward any time before take off and leave them that way.
I have my numpad keys mapped for engine selection to quickly move to each and both engines: 0 = both
1 = engine 0
2 = engine 1