PDA

View Full Version : Single Mission Pack QMB style quick action

baronWastelan
04-30-2011, 04:23 AM
Couple missions I cooked up: Trainz and Phoney War 1940.

Trainz has 6 trains running for up to 45 minutes around England.

Phoney War 1940 has a little bit of everything in a ground based scenario. Units and placement are pure fiction. Big clouds are built in with FMB. Good test of your CEM skills if you fly Blenheim (player is last to take off). If you have startup and warmup down well you'll be enjoying the fireworks as you take off. IF you select Spitfire flight it shows "Empty" for loadout in A/C selection screen, but dont worry, it has ammo. ;)

Made with excellent latest beta patch, ver. 1.00.14305

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/baronWastelan/Phoney1940.jpg

leadgtr81
04-30-2011, 05:04 AM
Thanks! Looking forward to checking these out.

U505
04-30-2011, 05:08 AM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH I WILL TRY THEM:grin::grin::grin:

SEE
04-30-2011, 10:34 AM
DL'd thanks, appreciate the efforts of all who contribute to making CoD more varied and enjoyable! We need a FMB forum.......:grin:

smink1701
04-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks BW. I've been wanting to tear up some trains.

OK...tried to unpack into my main CLOD file and they didn't show up in the game unless I'm doing doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place...or both:rolleyes: Can you give a little direction on how to install locate?

A Grateful Old Fart

Extreme_One
04-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks BW. I've been wanting to tear up some trains.

OK...tried to unpack into my main CLOD file and they didn't show up in the game unless I'm doing doing something wrong or looking in the wrong place...or both:rolleyes: Can you give a little direction on how to install locate?

A Grateful Old Fart

Place the files in the following location:

...My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single\

smink1701
04-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks...

OK, now I see it in the single missions but when I select and click to start nothing happens.

AARPRazorbacks
04-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks very much for this mission/missions.

I will post this thread at SOH for my USA friends.

By the way CoD is starting to get a welcome party started at SOH.:grin:

flyer01

baronWastelan
04-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Speaking of trains, there's a Red cargo train in Phoney War. It passes right along the edge of the RAF base in France, and continues all the way to Calais to the NE. All missions have also road traffic and ships, and populated airfields for player to take off from. Also they all have wind, in Phoney War, it's 10 m/s from the south. So forget about taxiing into a hangar after landing the blenheim :(
I hope someone will post here his observations of what it's like to fly through the big clouds in Phoney War.

baronWastelan
04-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks...

OK, now I see it in the single missions but when I select and click to start nothing happens.

Certain 'Single' missions become locked, and only let you fly if you don't make any changes, i.e. 'customize'. This is the case with the 'trainz' missions, I have no idea how to 'unlock' them, so you have to click "fly" without clicking "customize".

You can open them in FMB to change any aircraft. The Phoney War mission however seems to allow player to make changes to any and all of the 6 groups, and to pick any of them to fly in, provided it contains flyable type. It is very cool and we're lucky I was able to get it to work without any idea of how. :confused::)

smink1701
04-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Got it working.

Thanks.

Rattlehead
04-30-2011, 08:42 PM
I just played through the Phoney War mission and I was impressed. I haven't flown the Blenheim before so i didn't fly with cem enabled, but I still had fun with it.
Ps-Nice clouds.

warbirds
04-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks, nice job. You really put a lot of work into these missions, tons of static and mobil objects to watch.

Zappatime
04-30-2011, 09:44 PM
I like the clouds, but they do hit fps, hopefully they can be optimised to be far less of a system hit.