PDA

View Full Version : Im a bit disappointed...

szala11
04-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Sorry, you can shoot me or whatever, but i think the OLD il21946 is STILL much better and much more enjoyable than COD. I think the FM in Cod is very "unusual" and even aiming with the guns is somewhat "drunky"... I have flickers all over the screen and several bugs, but we know all of this. Having waited for more than 6 years, I would have expected more... much more... Companies spend less time and develop better programs. With all the additions Daidalos team and other 3rd party teams developed for il2, for me the number one WWII sim remains IL21946.

Even though i hope 1C Company will patch up this software for an acceptable level.

Tvrdi
04-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Sorry, you can shoot me or whatever, but i think the OLD il21946 is STILL much better and much more enjoyable than COD. I think the FM in Cod is very "unusual" and even aiming with the guns is somewhat "drunky"... I have flickers all over the screen and several bugs, but we know all of this. Having waited for more than 6 years, I would have expected more... much more... Companies spend less time and develop better programs. With all the additions Daidalos team and other 3rd party teams developed for il2, for me the number one WWII sim remains IL21946.

Even though i hope 1C Company will patch up this software for an acceptable level.

lets wait few months...then we will judge....and everything will be clear by then...

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-29-2011, 08:20 PM

I agree right now,thats why ive put COD aside for now and gone back to IL2 and WOP

Blackdog_kt
04-30-2011, 01:05 AM
If you want a game that aims to recreate the biggest part of WWII without hassle stick with IL2:1946.

If you want a game that aims to deliver more in-depth simulation of certain aspects that have to do with aircraft operation stick with CoD.

It's just a matter of taste and what you like most.

For example, i tend to focus on whatever increases the sense of operating an aircraft in all its forms, so i stick with CoD. Sure, the CEM is currently bugged if you go above 3-4km and on the to do list for patches, but even this way and despite all the bugs i find myself unable to go back to IL2 after experiencing CoD.

It's just a mater of what you like most. If you want a lot of different aircraft done to a reasonably accurate standard you fly IL2, if you want increased standards of simulation you fly CoD and get yourself familiarised with what works while waiting for patches to fix the rest.

Sauf
04-30-2011, 01:55 AM
+1 Blackdog. Ive created a new desktop folder and shoved my IL2-1946, HL and JSGME shortcuts in it. For now I'm more than content to go on hour long flights in the 109 in COD to get used to all its quirks and enjoy the scenery, as you said "It's just a mater of what you like most." Dont see the point in slagging off what another person might enjoy, ie WOP ect, each to their own. Every flight sim enthusiast will end up at COD sooner or later, will depend on when they fix the particular function you enjoy, be it FFB, offline comms, multi-player or whatever.

edit- Yes it does need a lot more work, I accept that.

ATAG_Dutch
04-30-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't think anyone on the forum would say that they were not 'disappointed' by the initial state of the release with regard to the performance and bug issues.

I was disappointed myself.

However I was also awestruck by the overall feel of realism in the cockpit, the whole 'game world' and particularly the look of the game in early morning/late evening.

I have issues with the 'midday' look of the game, but mostly because at some altitudes, the trees appear to have a black line around them like a child's drawing, but this may be down to a card driver issue anyway.
I'm ok with the overall colour palette as being 'what the eye sees'.

The patches released so far have made a massive improvement to playability, and last night I completed the British Campaign (had to do the last mission with simple engine management though, Florence got in the way!).

In answer to the IL2 1946 bit, sure, I even restarted the original IL2 Bomber campaign in a Sturmovik and it's still the 'original and best' in my view. Great gameplay, good enough graphics, and an average of about 100fps in full graphical glory at 1920x1080.

But I've spent about 10 hours in IL2 over the last month, and have already racked up 70 hours in CoD.

Like some other posters, I've spent a lot of this time just flying rather than fighting.

The King is getting on in years, but still warrants the greatest of respect and reverence from his subjects. However the Crown Prince seems to be getting over his difficult childhood and given time, is set to be a worthy successor.

Looking forward to the next patch! :)

Rattlehead
04-30-2011, 10:51 AM
The King is getting on in years, but still warrants the greatest of respect and reverence from his subjects. However the Crown Prince seems to be getting over his difficult childhood and given time, is set to be a worthy successor.

That's a good way of putting it. :)