PDA

View Full Version : Still a memory leak in Apr 27 server beta

PaulWF
04-29-2011, 05:48 PM
There is still a memory leak in the latest beta.

The il2launcher process eventually gets to the maximum allowed memory - 2 gig - at that stage the server just throws never ending exceptions, taking up 100% of the cpu core assigned to the process.

For dedicated server operators it's not going to matter if you have 4 or 400 gig of memory in your box, when you hit the 2 gig limit you're stuffed.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/10050156/1/cod?h=1d65a5

Flashman
04-29-2011, 06:50 PM
We at Syndicate are having problems with stability with this patch, as well as the broken Bf110.

Im not techie enough to say if its a memory leak, however it wont stay running for more than a few hours whereas with 1.14214 it would stay up all night and on.

I will try and get some more techinical answers to post here to help the Developers out.

We will get there!

LeadFarmer
04-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Hm, It must be affecting certain server configs.
Mine is not leaking and the only exceptions I get is the bf110.

Thee_oddball
04-29-2011, 11:28 PM
ok guys lets start putting our server specs up (in your sig if u can) so we can see if there is correlation between hardware/software and the errors that are happening .

S!

Blackrat
05-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Well, we found that the Beta 2 patch was not stable for us and rolled back to Beta 1, I noticed the memory up to 1.3gb too last night so restarted the server.

This morning came down to a launcher.exe has crashed window and a fail to write to memory exception in the DOS box. Forgot to look at the memory useage though.

Overall Beta 1 is far more stable than the official release, the replicate time messages have disappeared. Beta 2 was a bit random, only maybe lasting an hour sometimes.

The server consists of a 12 core Xeon (dual 6 core CPUs) 1gbps (1 gig per second upload/download bandwidth) and 48 gigs of DDR3.

Oh and with the latest patch as a client it switches off my extended monitor screen :(

JZG_Con
05-01-2011, 12:57 PM
i must admit i do loose conection quite often after so many respawns ..i get a timed out error message ...but seem tobe ok in other olnine games ..il-2 hyperlobby ..ect

SC/JG Matoni
05-03-2011, 04:55 PM
~S,

I've gone back to Beta 1 @ Australian Skies as well

# 2 has been VERY unstable server wise.

Matoni
Win 2003 Server sp2