PDA

View Full Version : Changing crew positions problem

Cdr84
04-29-2011, 03:31 AM
I'm having problems when changing crew positions on the JU88 and Blenheim. These are the only multi engine bombers I've tried besides the 110 which does not do it.

When I do so the engines will cut out. The 88 will recover slowly, but the Blenheim's engines die completely.

This only happens when I'm in someone else's server online. I cannot reproduce it in single player, coop, or df when I run them myself regardless of the realism settings except for Anthropomorphic Control which I cannot use/test (see this thread; http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22282).

Ideas?

Cdr

Flashman
04-29-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm having problems when changing crew positions on the JU88 and Blenheim. These are the only multi engine bombers I've tried besides the 110 which does not do it.

When I do so the engines will cut out. The 88 will recover slowly, but the Blenheim's engines die completely.

This only happens when I'm in someone else's server online. I cannot reproduce it in single player, coop, or df when I run them myself regardless of the realism settings except for Anthropomorphic Control which I cannot use/test (see this thread; http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22282).

Ideas?

Cdr

Hi CDr,

I get this issue too. On the Syndicate server we don't have Anthropawhatitsname on, however we I get the same issue in the bf110 (when its working..) and the Ju88 and Stuka.

Howver, what I have found it this: If you use CRTL-C to move around the positions it causes this issue sometimes, however just using the 'switch between pilot and gunner' command (cant remember the exact name....) it doesn't occur.... most of the time! Yep, it seems to be an online thing only as well.

Also, see if your turret axes conflict with the plane controls.

Cdr84
04-29-2011, 02:10 PM
I've tried mapping different keys to those commands.

I have also tried using the jump directly to the postition keys and get the same result.

I'll check into the gun axis thing further.

Thanks,

Cdr

Flashman
04-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Well my tips didnt help me! Just flown a Ju88, did all those things, hoever deceided to jump into the gunner seat and then the engines where imeediately ruined.

Its am extremel;y stupid bug

ZaltysZ
04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Well my tips didnt help me! Just flown a Ju88, did all those things, hoever deceided to jump into the gunner seat and then the engines where imeediately ruined.

Its am extremel;y stupid bug

Any scripts?

wildwillie
04-29-2011, 04:40 PM
What server / Mission was running. Perhaps there is an issue with the mission itself has a script that is killing the engines thinking the player left when they switched positions. I know there is a whole other post about scripts and we are all pretty new with them so that may be the key if this does not happen offline, but does online.

Just my 0.02 cents

Flashman
04-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Hadn't thought about scripts to be honest... another confusing thing to confuse things even further!

Will have to look into this a bit more

Cdr84
04-30-2011, 12:25 AM
When you change positions (while on a server) and the problem happens in the Italian bomber here's what it says on the right hand side of the screen (where it tells you whats happening with the plane, brakes on etc...);

Telepirometro Elettrico:Off.

I bablefished (the Italian part) and it comes up as Telepirometro Electrical worker.

I checked this offline and there, where the problem doesn't occur, this phrase doesn't come up.

No messages of any kind are given with the other bombers, but this should be a pretty big clue to whoever.

Cdr

Cdr84
05-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Anymore on this?

Level bombers pretty much useless online as is.

Cdr

Flashman
05-07-2011, 04:52 PM
No real solution yet that we have found at Syndicate, though there is a minor workaround (which works best on 2 seat planes such as bf110 and ju87).

1) on the ground cycle through the various positions. Do this BEFORE you start your engines. Use either 'Next manned position' or 'Previous manned position controls',found in view. No idea what the default keys are as I mess with my stuff so much!

2) Next, for A/C with more than 2 seats jump to the prefered non-pilot seat. i.e. generally this will be the bomb aimers position.

3) Make sure you have a button set to the control called 'change manned position'. this is in the View section

4) Use above button to change between bomb aimer (or whatever ) and the pilot and this does NOT start messing with your engine.

Its not perfect but it works... sort of!

We think this is tied to scripts (and probably to do with the one we use to despawn empty planes) but at the moment scripts are a dark art! If anyone has a script that doesn't intefere with crew manning please let us know.