PDA

View Full Version : Everyone exploding at once - Bug

machoo
04-29-2011, 01:04 AM
In the quick mission , Germans attacking airfield scenario. This happened as soon as the mission loaded. looks very pretty but I don't think this is supposed to happen :)

http://img813.imageshack.us/i/2011042900002.jpg/

Kakashi
04-29-2011, 02:07 AM
What was your first clue xD

pupo162
04-29-2011, 06:35 AM
ahh fireworks!

good print

Raggz
04-29-2011, 06:56 AM
wow, I'm stunned by all the bugs!
I saw something similar last night. Was chasing a spitfire that suddenly disappeared. I just went "whaaaaaaaaaaat?"

Wolf_Rider
04-29-2011, 07:29 AM
allied saboteurs working their brand of magic and cloaking devices....

Psycho_Ch!cken
04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
This happened for me once as well. It has not been reproduceable though.

Essentially what I did before it happened (this was on the previous beta patch, not the most recent) was to select the Dogfight - Allies Advantage quick mission and select a different plane for myself to use (Spitfire Mk.I). Then on the new pre-mission screens, I opened the plane selection menu, which was broken. That menu always reset to the mission default aircraft (fixed in the latest beta patch), so it insisted on choosing a Hurricane. If you tried to change the aircraft, it didn't matter, it would just reset to the default anyway.

So to this point, I'd selected one aircraft on the first set of menus and then the second set of menus had reset me to a different aircraft. I then started the mission and the first thing that happened was every enemy aircraft in the level simultaneously self-destructed.

Likely the cause is completely unrelated, but hey, the steps are there just in case. As I said though, not reproduceable.

Redroach
04-29-2011, 10:32 AM
This reminds me of some copy-protected RTS games 12+ years ago... people used to complain why everything blows up right after mission start, but it was just the copy protection in action ;)

But here... never had this issue so far.