PDA

View Full Version : need help with cem

cptcartman
04-28-2011, 06:58 AM
I was praticeing flying with the cem on and I was flying the hurricane. I decided to start climbing and once I got up over 10,000ft. I got some serious bucking happening with my plane and it made the whole plane shutter. I messed with the fuel mixture by increasing it and that only made it worse. I then changed the the pitch of the blade seemed to have almost no effect, and other than throttling back and descending I couldn't seem to fix it. Any help on what I might be doing wrong. The radiator was also about 50% most of the time half way on climbing up I saw the temps were rising so I opened it to 100%.

reflected
04-28-2011, 07:07 AM
OK, here's the deal:

Keep the oil temperature below 95 C - by reducing RPM (3000 max, 2850 for climb and combat, otherwise 2600 or lower),and opening the oil cooler

Keep the rad temp below 120 (max 30 minutes), but more like 95.

Don't touch the mixture, keep it at "Rich" - it should be automatic.

Of course, don't use excessive boost when you don't have to.

If there's still vibration high up, I don't know why that is, I'm getting it too.
I guess the mixture is somehow broken.

Also ,the higher you go, the more you have to reduce the RPM in order to keep your oil temperature at bay, but this is not realistic but realted to a bug - perhaps the mixture?

Who knows.

The higher you go, the more shaking you get, I hope they fix CEM soon ,because otherwise it's great fun.