PDA

View Full Version : New server but need help

Storm of When
04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Uk Dedicated has run IL2 servers for many years UK1,2 and 3 catering for all mission based fans with different difficulty settings on each.

I`ve just purchased CloD for our spare server with the intention of running a CloD server with similar settings to UK2, but I need to set up a mission and the correct components to keep it running etc. I`m a complete amateur with the new FMB and i`m making a pigs ear of creating a map. Can anyone loan me a map to use based on the Channel map, and give me a clue as how to get the server to run and restart it. Any help will be much appreciated.

I`ve used the help from here to get the server running, just no maps!!! doh.

Cheers
[BFs]Smurfy

335th_GRAthos
04-27-2011, 07:01 PM
eheem....

Did oyu check this thread?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21602

~S~

Storm of When
04-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeh just found that my friend thx, I dl`d Doghouses mission and Ataros`s 128BoF1_6, but it`s the dos window i`m struggling with, i`ve no idea how to get those missions to run and cycle on our server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I`ve got the game running as a server and i`ve got the settings entered as well thx to the guys on here, i`m sure someone can talk me through it.

Cheers gents

wildwillie
04-28-2011, 01:04 AM
the console window is similar to IL2, but it is missing some of the commands.

To load a mission you enter the command

missLoad xxxxx.mis (Be sure "L" is in Caps) and xxx is the path/mission name

Also it will start looking for missions in the user\documents\1C xxx\IL-2...\folder.

I created a folder under missions called FBDj and place my missions there so when I load a mission it is:

missLoad missions\fbdj\Clodmission.mis

After the mission is loaded you issue the command "battle start" to start it running. This is similar to the "mission BEGIN" command from IL2.

It also appears that you cannot just stop/load a new mission, as with CloD you can run missions within missions. You need to create a script which clears out the old mission before you load a new one. (I have not done that yet, I'm still having trouble just getting our server listed)

RAF238thWildWillie

Thee_oddball
04-28-2011, 01:23 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22038

Storm of When
04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Got it running now on a dedicated box based in the UK. Is it possible to use the game to play as a client on my own PC as well, ie i`ve paid for the game to use on the server can I also use the game on my home PC??. Thx for the help.