PDA

View Full Version : April 27, 2011(!!!) - Beta Patch #2 - It's old thread

Pages : [1] 2

luthier
04-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone,

As the previous beta patch introduced some problems, we decided to continue testing. We're releasing an updated beta patch today, which should fix all the full-screen-related issues as well as revert the changes that caused some to experienced reduced frame rates.

There are other small changes, such as updates to the in-game map, etc.

First run of game with new patch is take longer then previous.

Our plan is to test this beta, and if no new issues are reported until Friday night, make it live.

Also, in case you do not know, most of Russia is on official holidays for 5 days between May 1 and May 9 and some of the programmers will finally take some rest. I know there's still a lot of work to do, but I hope you'll agree that it'll be better for everyone if we do rest a bit.

So, with that, there probably won't be another patch until the second or third week of May, and we'll release exact details closer to that date. Updates to AI, FM and plane performance figures are in the works, but they take longer to implement and test. Hopefully you'll see the first round of them the next patch over.

We're about ready to call it a night - we'll check on your results tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help.

Download links are here:

Mirrors:
Eng:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=836DM6NZ
Rus:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KWOSWHCN

Torrents:
Eng:
http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofDover/IL2COD_14305.rar.torrent
Rus:
http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofDover/IL2COD_14305_ru.rar.torrent

322Sqn_Dusty
04-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Let's try it out.

Comes with a Bf-110C skin...

Found thus far:

Glitches over London.

New:
*Vsync optional by video.
*Briefing screen before mission.
*Mirror on Hurricane
*Crossfire shows up ingame.
*Text greyed in messagebox.

Q9950
2X HD Radeon 4890 crossfire
4Gb Ram

mazex
04-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Sweet - thanks! The devs sure deserve some vacation!

ICDP
04-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest, it is indeed best to take a break ready to come back with a fresh perspective.

Can I ask if there is a list of fixes in this beta? It would really make it easier if we know what to test for.

kendo65
04-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks.

Enjoy your well-deserved holiday.

JG52Krupi
:mrgreen: Thanks Luthier.

Will get another poll started :)

Dano
Thank you Luthier, I'm happy to hear that you're taking some time off, hope everybody manages to relax a little :)

smink1701
04-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks Luthier.

Question...for the next major patch you mention updates to AI and FM. Will you address the sound? If you are pleased with the current sound design that would be helpful to know as well.

Thanks and enjoy your holiday.

335th_GRAthos
04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
most of Russia is on official holidays for 5 days between May 1 and May 9 and some of the programmers will finally take some rest.

W H A T !!!!!!!!!!

How dare they!!!?????

Sorry, I could not resist :-)

Great news, thank you all very much, enjoy some quiet time and thanks again for this wonderful flight sim! :-)

Happy resting!

kristorf
04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Ta very much gents

Ze-Jamz
04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Yet again cant copy parts folder over in:

C:/(not programs) using winrar to extract
win7 64

addman
04-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks luthier and team! Enjoy your much deserved mini holiday.

RedToo
04-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Thankyou all for your continued hard work.

RedToo.

335th_GRSwaty
04-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks luthier!

Froddi
04-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Great stuff!

Thanx.

JG52Krupi
04-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Cheers Luthier,

FPS are improved but not too the level it was before, however the stutters over land are completely gone.

Feels better than before, will report back in a bit :D

LT.INSTG8R
04-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks again Luthier and crew for your continued hard work. Enjoy your time off.

Jg2001_Rasputin
04-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Great! Have a nice holiday!

Raggz
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
I really hope they fix the radio commands so i can have some serious fun in single player. I'm starting to get tired of taking a ride with a plane with a bunch of wingmen doing nothing.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Great news, Luthier. I particularly appreciate that you work on the AI. And happy holidays - well deserved.

GraveyardJimmy
04-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I have a problem with this patch. When I press escape I get to the menu (with a flash of the desktop). When I try to go back to the game (or press fly in that menu) the game resizes at (what I think is ) 640x480 resolution, despite 1280x1024 being selected in the menu. This has happened a lot of times.

On the other hand, my custom bomb loadout in the Blenheim worked when I chose it in the QMB.

Also, the game is incompatible with having mumble (VOIP software) running, I believe it is probably the overlay, though it works fine in other steam games. When I run the game it shows the Ubisoft video then freezes on the final frame. If I press escape a few times the exit dialogue box comes up and I can exit, but I cant see the rest of the menus.

Mango
04-27-2011, 07:13 PM
I can certainly attest, there's nothing better for software productivity and sanity than a much needed rest!

Enjoy and come back fresh!

mcler002
04-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I shall download it on my gaming pc asap!!!

i assume we should "roll back", then install the new beta patch
Ross

jf1981
04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Hey,

Have nice holidays then !

Gonna try it out.

Regards,

J-F

ICDP
04-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Just a heads up for anyone with Crossfire systems, you will need to disable Crossfire from CCC control panel. There are major graphical problems such as serious flickering and land tiles missing etc. Disabling Crossfire via software (such as RadeonPro), or by switching Catalyst AI off does not work.

So if you have a ATI X2, 5970 or 6990 card you are pretty much screwed graphically with this beta patch.

W0ef
04-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Bugger, I was about to dish out the cash and get a second HD6970 to run in crossfire XD

Thanks for the headsup!

Kankkis
04-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Just a heads up for anyone with Crossfire systems, you will need to disable Crossfire from CCC control panel. There are major graphical problems such as serious flickering and land tiles missing etc. Disabling Crossfire via software (such as RadeonPro), or by switching Catalyst AI off does not work.

So if you have a ATI X2, 5970 or 6990 card you are pretty much screwed graphically with this beta patch.

Yeah, i have 5970 and my textures is flickering, and i got terrible stuttering now, even alone over the water it it hickups every 1-2 secs :(

It's totally unplayable for me now and i mean totally unplayable :-x

mazex
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
OK - the full screen really seems to work now. When starting the game it first shows the reticle "transparent" with the desktop in the background but then switches to real full screen. The Anti Aliasing also works now - great! When pressing escape to switch to the C# launcher / options GUI it works in a much snappier way, and when going back to the 3D engine there is no minimize-maximize popping feeling like before. Just a quick blink and back in the game...

When I first started I had an error that I had in the second patch, namely that the buildings where not displayed at all in the Dover suburbs (having buildings set to high), and only about half of them in the city centre / harbor. I just saw the naked ground textures with the basements ;) I quit and deleted all files in

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache

And then it worked fine. FPS is maybe a bit better but the stuttering is definitely gone now which is the most important thing! And that is on my four year old rig...

And I really like the new map with a lot more clear airfield markers and with names of the locations on map! Good!

A last note that I don't know if I had before. When loading the quick mission over Dover in a me 109 I got the message:

Long Bridge: wrong width (3)

Don't know if that is interesting to you ;)

Finally the Force Feedback feels a bit better - maybe just wishful thinking, but it takes like 20 seconds into the mission until the self centering "kicks in". The buffeting works from start though (on my G940). The FF effects really adds a lot to the game!

Have a nice vacation!

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.3
Nvidia GTX275 (270.61 drivers)
6 Gb DDR2
Windows 7 x64
G940 and TrackIR 4

2033cyborg
04-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Beta paching a beta pach... it's getting good, a bit like Monthy Python....

And that's remind me of the rise of flight video ( except for the last comment in it , nobody knew then...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLvLcawlH0

ICDP
04-27-2011, 07:27 PM
I guess it could be seen as a semi good sign for us Crossfire users. It means that at least the sim is recognising both cards :)

Honestly, with some tweaking by the devs and a dedicated Crossfire profile we could get a nice FPS boost for Crossfire users.

Kankkis
04-27-2011, 07:33 PM
I guess it could be seen as a semi good sign for us Crossfire users. It means that at least the sim is recognising both cards :)

Honestly, with some tweaking by the devs and a dedicated Crossfire profile we could get a nice FPS boost for Crossfire users.

Thats maybe true yeah, but i have single card 2 GPU card 5970 there is no way to turn second GPU off.

ATAG_Doc
04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
I am getting random crashes with the update prior to this one. I cannot duplicate it as it seems completely random. I have the crash data if you're interested. @ work at the moment but can get it and post it later if you desire. Other than that so far I have not much to complain about. I just love the FM its very good. Enjoy your holidays and I suggest you stay away from the forums and totally unplug. :)

322Sqn_Dusty
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Flickering is indeed an issue with crossfire. I'll try with one again.

Kankkis
04-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Flickering is indeed an issue with crossfire. I'll try with one again.

I got terrible stuttering too with my 5970 Crossfire card too, even over water + flickering textures. my game stutters real badly, even over water it was totally unplayable.

W0ef
04-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Right, I tested the patch and have to say, runs smooth and AA seems to be functioning a lot better because fullscreen seems to finally be working properly.
No serious fps improvements or anything, visual quality overall seems better though because of Anti-Aliasing.

Now only the three blue lines and I'm a happy puppy XD.

Radeon hd6970
i5-2500k@stock (3.3ghz)
8 Gig Kingston DD3 @1300 mhz
Win7 64bit

KDN
04-27-2011, 08:17 PM
I am not sure if it is ment to be like that but the fuel mixture on the Bf109E4 is not functioning anymore nor is it selectable with the mouse in clickable cockpit.

tanker 21
04-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Realy want to buy . But with an 4870x2, still seems a little way off :(

palker4
04-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Their grandfathers beat Hitler so they sons and grandsons could take a week off

robtek
04-27-2011, 08:30 PM
I am not sure if it is ment to be like that but the fuel mixture on the Bf109E4 is not functioning anymore nor is it selectable with the mouse in clickable cockpit.

First: there is no Bf109E4 in this game, yet
Second: Fuel mixture in the Bf109 is automatic!
Third: The lever, mistakenly marked mixture, controls the ignition timing. Pull for early ignition, used only to start the engine and for cleaning fouled spark-plugs, on the ground!

JumpingHubert
04-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi,
are there plans in the future to get Antialiasing working? Only a few words pls.

reflected
04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
New beta: Loads of crashes, sometimes when I start the game!

Also, gun belting selection doesn't work in QMB anymore.
Still can't select skins and weathering, but that has never worked.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks Luthier,we appreciate the hard work you guys are putting in to make this work for us all.;)

acare84
04-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Game runs better after this patch on my rig. Intel Core 2 Quad 3.0 GHZ, Geforce GTX 570, 4 GB RAM on Windows 7 - 64 Bit. Thanks for the patch.

HamishUK
04-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks Luthier,we appreciate the hard work you guys are putting in to make this work for us all.;)

and so they should!

Doc_uk
04-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Have the load-outs been fixed yet :)

studiox19
04-27-2011, 08:56 PM
New beta: Loads of crashes, sometimes when I start the game!

Also, gun belting selection doesn't work in QMB anymore.
Still can't select skins and weathering, but that has never worked.

One IMPORTANT step to take is to delete all the files in 1cSoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache.

I had crashes and now none . . . . . . . . . . . . .:grin:

Capt Backasswards
04-27-2011, 08:57 PM
You guys on the developement team are all right, I don't care what those Moscow girls kept telling me. :) Enjoy your vacation.

rakinroll
04-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Thank you Luthier.

PeterPanPan
04-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I have not experienced this before, but post-patch, I just had a total system freeze and then CTD whilst in one of the stock quick missions - British Attack, Column. Put lead a/c on autopilot and was just watching in F2 view when it happened.

VSYNC was selected, which was my only game setting change from previous weeks.

PPanPan

Capt Backasswards
04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I shall download it on my gaming pc asap!!!

i assume we should "roll back", then install the new beta patch
Ross

No! I'm sure all you need to do is overwrite files and you don't have to roll back anything.

jf1981
04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
BTW still lag btw joystick & control, looks like few hundreds of ms delay and low refreshment rate.

This makes control of the plane rather difficult.

Regards

Kwiatek
04-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Well i still got some graphic artefacts like dark long straight lines into land and water, Vsync dont work correctly, and i got game freezes

My system is XP 32bit, GTX280, Dual Core, 4gb Ram

Mattius
04-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Smooth & good FPS, (even on my lowly system - Surprised there, especially as I have a dual CPU & NOT a quad!!). Sure there are odd bugs mainly sound & radio issues....
One weird thing in the Allies campaign on ther 8th mission where you have to join the Spitfires @ Manston. I spot some 109's but when I engage my guns will not fire??

Overall much better than previous Beta patch though. :grin:

Model Detail - High
Buildings Detail - Very Low
Land Detail - Medium
Forests - Low
Visual Effects - Medium
Texture Quality - High
Damage Decal - Medium
Buildings Amount - Low
Land Shading - Low
Grass - Off
Shadows - Off :(
Roads - On

2 x AA, 1280 x 768, SSAO OFF.

322Sqn_Dusty
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
There's less delay on the trigger than before. Running with one 4890 fixes the flickering and on almost the highest settings London is flyable.

* Mirror is still garbled and works like a Magnifying Glass.

Taking a screenshot doesn't seem to work ingame? Screens are taken from the clipboard atm. No new bmp files in the map. Anyone?

Loadouts etc can be done in Quickmissions on the briefing screen. I could change the belts with no problem.

Rattlehead
04-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Updates to AI, FM and plane performance figures are in the works, but they take longer to implement and test.

I have been waiting so long to hear this news, especially about the AI. :)

Doc_uk
04-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Im getting bad stutters now when ever text appears on screen:(
Can we not have an option in the settings to disable all text?, realy does ruin the game
Also getting the odd 1 second pause now and again:(

Langnasen
04-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Has anyone else found their screenshots aren't working anymore?

I turned off FSAA, to see how many extra frames it would give me (about 6 at 2560 x 1600) and I swear it looks better.

However, I'm getting more stuttery jerkiness than before. And the white edges on buildings shimmer/glitter horribly. Also some buildings are failing to load now, I'm seeing only their foundations (half a village in one case).

Tvrdi
04-27-2011, 09:26 PM
this is much better....with latest beta patch I have the same FPS but game is much smoother (tried only online)....TiR movement specially is much smoother...good job...I just had some probs connecting to some servers and sometimes i got disconnected

15JG52_Brauer
04-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Can we not have an option in the settings to disable all text?, realy does ruin the game

You can just alt click on the window, then right click on it - choose either close or customise and you can either close it or remove speech from the option to stop it being displayed - also console input/output - should fix it as a temporary solution - simples ;-)

pupo162
04-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Cant alt tab from game anyomre. When restored game gets into a 400x300 or likewise video resolution

FZG_Immel
04-27-2011, 09:33 PM
is the ANti Aliasing working for you guys ??? I still have a very aliased cockpit bars in the Hurricane, for example ?

What drivers are you using ?

what settings the the nvidia control center ?

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah,this is not good for me ,I have to say this is by far the worst of all the patches on my system so far.There's stutters,flickering,the aircraft are changing colour whilst flying,the whole landscape is flickering badly,it's not been this bad before.

I'm going toroll back to the last patch,otherwise this will drive me mad.

JumpingHubert
04-27-2011, 09:39 PM
is the ANti Aliasing working for you guys ??? I still have a very aliased cockpit bars in the Hurricane, for example ?

What drivers are you using ?

what settings the the nvidia control center ?
still not fixed, tried all combinations in nvidia control panel. But vsynch is working now for me.

Flanker35M
04-27-2011, 09:40 PM
S!

Got back some of the FPS, but seems every time I launch the game the houses are missing etc. After a reload of mission they seem to appear again. Also got strange green stripes in rows on ground and sea with this patch.

Stutter is there a little bit still and seems more if building amount is lowered. Need to find a "golden middle" for the detail of houses so they appear as houses, not brown boxes that get texture when you are almost on top of them(one reason for stutter too!).

Good to see CrossFire is there, now AMD needs to make a CAP for it as soon as possible. Fill in the feedback form people! There were similar flickers in other games with CrossFire, but CAPs fixed that. And they release them in good pace.

Need to test more during weekend...

FZG_Immel
04-27-2011, 09:43 PM
still not fixed, tried all combinations in nvidia control panel. But vsynch is working now for me.

Kinda working for me.. I can notice a good difference in between OFF and x8 setting in game..

but still some parts are aliased badly in 8x, like the Hurricane horizontal (superior parts) cockpit bars.

Ivan Fooker
04-27-2011, 09:52 PM
could s.o. plöz provide another mirror.
Megaupload isnt reachable anymore...file removed.

Hellbender
04-27-2011, 09:55 PM
The stutters have been reduced drastically in comparison to the previous beta, however I can´t ALT-TAB out anymore, the screen is pitch black then :mad: .

Nitrous
04-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks to all those that are working hard on patches for CloD.

Game is great now.

All I want from you guys is for other people to be able to join my COOP missions on the Channel Map.

Please fix the COOP issue on the Channel Map.

I have Loads of missons made but no-one to play them with.

Many Thanks again and enjoy your holiday.

Houndstone Hawk
04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Last weeks Beta was bad for me but this one is absolutely awful. FPS down by a huge margin, Frequent crashes & freezing. FMB crashes now when zoomed to a close detail level.
Have cleared the cache before patching etc. A valiant effort but (for me) by far the worst couple of Betas. Rolling back to 1:00:14101 :(

jibo
04-27-2011, 10:05 PM
give your computer specs Houndstone Hawk

JZG_Con
04-27-2011, 10:20 PM

And that's remind me of the rise of flight video ( except for the last comment in it , nobody knew then...)

awsome ..lol...made my night ......LOL :o
A Dream within a dream ..a patch within a patch..i must say the new patch today has made online flying alot easier smooth in combat , but after a few respawns noticed stuttering ...but big improvment

Buzzer
04-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Patch seems a bit better for me (then the previous one 14214).
FPS better, and seems a bit more stable. ie no launcher error (yet...2h testing online and offline).

View, especially from cockpit, seems a bit more "wobbly"...ie turning on VSync fixes it but takes too many fps, so better with VSync off my system.

Seems like AA is working.

Still got some freezes. More noticeable when flying long missions.
Also a freeze every time I fire the guns for the first time...a bit irritating as it puts off the aim every first squeeze. Is it not possible to load the guns into memory before I use em...(?).

Anyway - Keep up the good work!

Houndstone Hawk
04-27-2011, 10:38 PM
give your computer specs Houndstone Hawk

My specs: Intel Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 2.66GHz @ 2.67GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 580 amp! edition with latest drivers & Windows 7 64 with SP1. Running thru an LCD 32" display at 1360x768 res.

Am using a custom made FMB mission that I created as direct result comparisons with no change in graphic settings (most on medium, low buildings etc).

Pre latest Betas, my inland mission FPS from start to finish is in the 35-50 bracket but with the latest Betas (no changes remember, & SSAO, Vsync & AA off), same mission, FPS now range from 17-32.

IvanK
04-27-2011, 11:11 PM

He hee he thats because the E3 didnt have a mixture control .... its been like that for a while :)

mrburns
04-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Wish the map would zoom in and out from the point where the cursor is located. You could point at a spot and zoom into it. Now, you zoom in and then you have to scroll the map.

droz
04-27-2011, 11:18 PM
MUCH better this time.

Zappatime
04-27-2011, 11:19 PM
The Italian Bombers in Quick Mission 024 still freeze in mid air once over land as in the previous beta:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ZappaTime/2011-04-28_00001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ZappaTime/2011-04-28_00002.jpg

Luftrofl
04-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Stuttering is the same, escape key still goes to desktop when trying to access menu, HD5750 still stuck at 400mhz.

utu
04-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Better than the previous beta for me, but AA + vsync on is not so smooth, turning off the AA only turns very smooth. I think that the AA needs a little touch and will good. I tried one of the new missions, some BR20 appear perfectly freezed in the sky, they were a serious obstacle where my new 109 crashed. The problem with the epileptic shaking at high altitude is still there.

Dano
04-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Patch has generated stutter for me, was running smooth in the main, not so now. i5 2500k, Asus P8P67 Pro, 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz, MSi 1GB Twin FrozR 560Ti, W7 x64.

Screenshots are also broken, alt-tabbing in and out causes lockups approx 70% of the time. Am also now starting to see graphical corruption seen posted by others, AA still doesn't work properly.

All in all, a big step backwards for me.

Rattlehead
04-27-2011, 11:33 PM
The Italian Bombers in Quick Mission 024 still freeze in mid air once over land as in the previous beta:

They freeze in the FMB as well. This is apparent with the last patch.
(1.00.14101)

Lixma
04-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Game crashes on loading any mission; unusable. The menu is also incredibly laggy and it seems to take 3 times as long to launch from desktop.

However it runs if I switch full-screen off.

i7-930
6gigs RAM
ATI-HD5870 (Cat 11.3)
Win-7 64.

skouras
04-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi,
are there plans in the future to get Antialiasing working? Only a few words pls.

angreed:-)

BlackbusheFlyer
04-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Patch works great for me, I downloaded from the link provided then followed others suggestions by right clicking the file going to properties, UNBLOCK then extracting it over the top of the existing files. I also deleted everything in the cache folder.

My framerate appears to have improved by about 10 fps and a really intense mission had no stuttering.

Those experiencing problems, did you unblock the file first before extracting?

Hunden
04-28-2011, 12:44 AM

I can't recall exactly how i did it but I think I right clicked on the text mesg. and then it gave me some type of option. Like I said I don't remember how I did it but I haven't figured how to get them back either but im ok with that to. Oh also got rid of everything else on the screen the same way and I also cant figure how to get those back either.:grin:

Hunden
04-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Yeah,this is not good for me ,I have to say this is by far the worst of all the patches on my system so far.There's stutters,flickering,the aircraft are changing colour whilst flying,the whole landscape is flickering badly,it's not been this bad before.

I'm going toroll back to the last patch,otherwise this will drive me mad.

Are you in crossfire? You will want to disable crossfire

Dano
04-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Those experiencing problems, did you unblock the file first before extracting?

As an experiment, try extracting them without unlocking, it makes no difference whatsoever on my system, same files, same issues.

Skoshi Tiger
04-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Wow! patch has really improved my performance. Even restarted the campaign to experience it with more detail.

Cheers and thanks to the development team for their hard work!

ATAG_Dutch
04-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Some graphics anomalies as per previous beta, with lines of landscape in the middle of the sea, but gameplay much more smooth overall.

No apparent stuttering.

Screen tearing with V-synch enabled and using trackIR has gone where it was very bad previously, although over land moving my head reduces frame rate quite significantly.

All settings in game on very high/original, AA off. Aero off.

CCC set with all 'application controlled' functions disabled and all 3D effects set to 2x.
Tessalation disabled.

Getting 25-35 FPS average on 'Bomber Intercept' mission with medium clouds which is very playable.

18-25 FPS average on 'Free Flight - England' mission overland which is still playable, but with no clouds. The addition of clouds reduces frame rate to 12-18 average, sometimes dropping to 9 or 10 average close to the grass.

i7 860 @2.8ghz, 6 gig DDR3, ATI 5770. 1920x1080

This is now really getting somewhere and as you can see, my system is by no means top of the range, although I think it's still above 'recommended' specs, apart from maybe the graphics card. :)

Blackdog_kt
04-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Massive improvement for me. Now my Ati 4890 automatically increases its clock speeds when i'm flying. I would still get higher FPS if i forced it to constantly use max factory clock speeds with the previous beta patch but that ended up with high temps and reboots, so i'm definitely glad that it can now detect i'm running a game and scales up on its own without issues.

Even though it hovers around 30 FPS with the occasional dip in the low 20s, i find that the improved consistency of the frame-rates makes it completely imperceptible to me. Now all i need is a frame limiter to set it to about 30 FPS so that it can catch up a bit easier and i'm set.

That being said, i didn't try skimming the roof-tops over London, but the QMB ground attack missions that have a lot of ground objects (static and units) and aircraft run fine.

I use Win7 x64, i7 920 @ 2.7 Ghz, Ati 4890 1GB and only 3GB of RAM and it runs very very well, despite even my RAM being close to full all the time (maybe that's the only thing i should upgrade at some point and double it to 6GB).

My settings are:
1680x1050 (native monitor resolution)
Models, effects and land shadows on high
Building detail on low
Most of the rest on medium
Roads, grass and shadows on
SSAO off
AA off (or x1-x2, i can't really remember)

Not bad at all i'd say, especially if you consider that i have a two year old system. I'm very glad i didn't start throwing money and hardware at the problem, waiting for the optimizations instead.

I just downloaded the patch, copied it into the game folder (just in case) and extracted there, pressing "yes to all" when it asked me about over-writing existing files, then deleted the compressed archive file i had previously copied over (i keep them in a separate folder anyway).
Then, i went into my documents\1c softclub\etc folder and emptied my cache so that it rebuilds it properly after launch.

It does take a bit longer to load up which i would say is a good sign, it probably means it loads more of what it needs before spawning into the mission, making it easier to reduce stutters.

Enjoy your well deserved rest, it seems i finally have a playable sim as far as performance is concerned.

I think that it will only take 1-2 more patches to completely sort out the final performance issues, enable crossfire/SLI for the people that use it, etc, then it's on to the gameplay bugs which should hopefully be much simpler to correct.

Although i do secretly hope that the Ju88's gyrocompass will be fixed in the final live patch on Friday (just checked it and it's still stuck) along with a few other things (mixture settings in the Hurri and mixture controls in the Tiger moth for example), i can certainly keep busy for 2-3 weeks with what i have now.

As a final note i would like to echo what another user said, it would be useful to have a list of changes so that we know what to test for. Other than that, bloody good job overall ;)

Eckhart
04-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Great work thx a lot! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Started really to enjoy this game (and I am one of those flightsim jerks who invested a lot into his passion...see below). Was getting min 23, max 38 and average 32 on the bomber intercept mission. Now I get a great slideshow: MIN 4, MAX 16, average 9.4 for the same mission (no other change)

Fantastic !!!

This destroyed the whole gameplay. Sh.t happens and not all patches are successful immediately for everybody but this is an utter catastrophe :evil::evil::evil:

My triple SLI setup was fully loaded before with the previous patch but having this stuff watercooled...who cares

Now it is loaded at a gentle 9 percent for GPU 3, 12 percent for GPU 2 and 41 percent for GPU 1. CPU multicore is certainly better: before core 1 was loaded at 84% and almost nothing elsewhere, now almost all cores kick in. However, overall CPU utilization was 10% before, now it is 11% (Clap clap clap).

Now can somebody tell me how to do a roll back to the last patch so I can fly again ...or do I have to dig out Wings of Prey, switch to UP 3.0, HSFX 5.1 or enjoy my 767 in FSX???

Derinahon
04-28-2011, 01:46 AM
The patch didn't present any problems for me. Frame rate has slightly improved over land and stutters are manageable at medium settings. The map is easier to read with much better icons/markers especially airfields. Looking around with Trackir is pretty choppy where it was smooth previously (EDIT Fixed this, my fault).

An unimportant side note: I'd really like to see the map already focused to the area of operation at the beginning of the mission and also an option for the map to follow the player, if that makes sense.

Anyway, keep up the good work and have a nice break.

Derinahon
04-28-2011, 01:50 AM

Now can somebody tell me how to do a roll back to the last patch so I can fly again ...or do I have to dig out Wings of Prey, switch to UP 3.0, HSFX 5.1 or enjoy my 767 in FSX???

In Steam, right click the game > Properties.
Click 'Local Files' tab > Click 'Verify Integrety Of Game Cache'

...and calm lol :)

15JG52_Brauer
04-28-2011, 02:04 AM

Started really to enjoy this game (and I am one of those flightsim jerks who invested a lot into his passion...see below). Was getting min 23, max 38 and average 32 on the bomber intercept mission. Now I get a great slideshow: MIN 4, MAX 16, average 9.4 for the same mission (no other change)

Fantastic !!!

This destroyed the whole gameplay. Sh.t happens and not all patches are successful immediately for everybody but this is an utter catastrophe :evil::evil::evil:

My triple SLI setup was fully loaded before with the previous patch but having this stuff watercooled...who cares

Now it is loaded at a gentle 9 percent for GPU 3, 12 percent for GPU 2 and 41 percent for GPU 1. CPU multicore is certainly better: before core 1 was loaded at 84% and almost nothing elsewhere, now almost all cores kick in. However, overall CPU utilization was 10% before, now it is 11% (Clap clap clap).

I have a very similar system - except with only 2 aircooled gtx480's in SLI not 3 LC ones- oh and I only have 1 monitor and usually play at 1680*1050 or 1900*1200 - looking forward to SLI working so I can go to 2500*1600. The patch gives me just as good or slightly better FPS as the last patch - though I have not done a bench yet (Just played smoothly online in Syndicate server - same one you were in I believe) - SLI has never worked so I'd be amazed if you had all 3 GPU's loaded before, unless you forced it - and my earlier tests forcing AFR on my system showed lower FPS than single GPU. Maybe there is a problem with sorround screen , and the combined resolution is just to much, but it is odd that it has dropped so much - try checking all your system settings and disable AA to see if that helps - other than that I cant think why it should have gotten worse if the previous beta worked for you. To get back to the stock version just get Steam to verify game cache integrity - it will then reload the files needed - and you could then put the first beta patch back on if you like.

JG14_Jagr
04-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Last weeks Beta was bad for me but this one is absolutely awful. FPS down by a huge margin, Frequent crashes & freezing. FMB crashes now when zoomed to a close detail level.
Have cleared the cache before patching etc. A valiant effort but (for me) by far the worst couple of Betas. Rolling back to 1:00:14101 :(

Not posting your hardware configuration in your signature makes it impossible for them to get any good information from your statement..

Eckhart
04-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Thx for the advice :)
I am running AIDA64 on my Logitech G19 screen which gives me realtime info about essential items (FPS is tested with FRAPS). So I had all three GPUs work at full load with the last beta patch. No stutter, smooth gameplay and temperature around 64 degrees Celsisus thx to watercooling. Now basically the whole is unplayable and I had to go back to previous full version (back to 32 FPS average with bomber intercept). And no I did not modify anything inside the Nvidia control panel...High quality everything else is standard.

louisv
04-28-2011, 02:31 AM

Started really to enjoy this game (and I am one of those flightsim jerks who invested a lot into his passion...see below). Was getting min 23, max 38 and average 32 on the bomber intercept mission. Now I get a great slideshow: MIN 4, MAX 16, average 9.4 for the same mission (no...
... at 84% and almost nothing elsewhere, now almost all cores kick in. However, overall CPU utilization was 10% before, now it is 11% (Clap clap clap).

Your problem is clearly not with the patch itself man, read the thread and check if you cleared the cache, turned on aero if in full screen mode and disbled SLI...etc...What would be so special about your system that would break everything...come on. Damned the Canadiens just lost to Boston in OT...

Eckhart
04-28-2011, 02:48 AM
Your problem is clearly not with the patch itself man, read the thread and check if you cleared the cache, turned on aero if in full screen mode and disbled SLI...etc...What would be so special about your system that would break everything...come on. Damned the Canadiens just lost to Boston in OT...

what is so special...you tell me..once you start flying in surround mode you will never want to go back. Ask others..I had triple SLI working full power before ( why I don't know), now at a walking pace. You think disabling SLI will make me enjoy this patch and bring my FPS beyond what I had before??
And I don't use Aero so why should this interfer?

Go Maple Leafs Go (...in fact they are not better than this patch)

seiseki
04-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Thank you Luthier, I'm happy to hear that you're taking some time off, hope everybody manages to relax a little :)

Yes, working late nights without weekends sounds really tough.

Please DO take some time to relax and recharge your energy!
And not just some of you, all of you!

AARPRazorbacks
04-28-2011, 03:21 AM
Eckhart, sorry to see your have trouble.:(

This beta is working very good for my system. Thanks for the map also.

flyer01:)

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
Ram 4GB
550 watt power supply
Video card GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Duel partition
Windows XP Pro 32bit.
Windows 7 64 bit.
CoD in W-7 64 bit

ATAG_Doc
04-28-2011, 03:53 AM

Fantastic !!!

Next time you'll remember to copy the folder(s) into which the update was applied and make a copy of it and same it as whatever you want and when or if this happens again just right click delete and rename the old folder.

DickDastardly
04-28-2011, 04:39 AM
Feedback with nVidia 3D Vision
Previous IL2 sims were fantastic in 3D (back when nVidia's stereoscopic 3D drivers supported OpenGL), so I was really looking forward to being able to play CoD in 3D too. This is the first patch which has enabled me to do so (thanks to fullscreen mode working now) but unfortunately there are a lot of issues which make it pretty much unplayable in 3D:

-Shadows, sun glare, the skybox and water are all rendered incorrectly at screen depth.

-Text HUD labels on aircraft (showing range etc) are also drawn at screen depth rather than at the depth of the object they're labelling.

-When distant smoke effects are partially obscured by a nearby object, only those parts of the smoke which would have been visible from the normal 2D perspective are drawn. (When playing in 3D, each eye should be able to see areas of the smoke on either side of the intervening object which wouldn't have been visible in 2D).

I realise that getting the sim to work well in 2D is a higher priority in the short term, but it would be great if these issues could also be addressed after that. Of all the major flight sims currently available, CoD is the only one which is effectively unplayable in stereoscopic 3D -not an ideal situation for what's intended to be the foundation of a new series which is planned to last 5-10 years (by which time the only serious gamers still playing in 2D will be those lacking two eyes).
Cheers,
DD

gonk
04-28-2011, 04:42 AM
rgr.. thx. Enjoy the break.

JG301_HaJa
04-28-2011, 04:51 AM
Hi,

Sorry to say but this patch wasn't good for my system (specs in sig).
Huge graphical anomalies with a lot of flashing and stutters. Doesn't matter if crossfire is
on or off. Worse graphical appearance and overall a degradation.

Have to revert to previous beta patch since that worked ok.

regards

lothar29
04-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Excellent, now work me very well the Simulator, with the last official patch I stopped working well altogether, with a very high FPS but with stuttering, curiously g did many tests with all the PC's that I have at home!, and two of them, the more powerful just one continued to function perfectly with the last official patch by steam...

Intel core 2 Quad 9550 E0 overclocked 3. 60GHz
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Kingston HiperX 1066 4x2Gb = 8 Gb
PoView GTX480
NOX APEX Modular 700W
Seagate barracuda 1000Gb - > This team always me to worked perfectly, less when there was not yet any patch, and now I is going great! with a GTX260 performance was a bit poor in London, but also worked very well...

This is another PC
Intel I7 950 3. 06GHz
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Corsair Vengance 3x2Gb 1600
2xGTX470 SLI
Antec CP1000 1000W
2X500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200 RAI0 + SSD Kingston 64 Gb

This performance was horrible, at first, but which came out the last patch I worked fatal, much STUTTERING...

This same pc but with two things changed then I improve performance much, the differences are as follows

1xGTX470, nothing to dual GPU, because I realized that this causes me much Stuttering
change the source to an Apex NOX 800W Modular

With these changes made the performance now with this latest patch Beta Simulator runs without difficulty in almost everything at high or very high, less any thing that is in the Middle,

the NVIDIA control Panel not played it for nothing, at least for the moment, because occasionally I to negatively affected the overall performance...

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Are you in crossfire? You will want to disable crossfire

Yes I am,please tell me how I go about this,thanks.

GOZR
04-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Well this one give me lots of stutters and the beta before none..

There are other small changes, such as updates to the in-game map, etc.
The map need some serious make over.. ;)

Bobb4
04-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Anyone know whether this patch gives the spitfire tracers now?
:)

gonk
04-28-2011, 06:11 AM
still have tessellation problems, where you see land out at sea and sea on the land....

Clouds make the whole screen flicker when flying through them.... epi filter set and not set... same problem

slm
04-28-2011, 06:19 AM
FPS is worse than in the previous beta patch (which was worse than the previous official patch).
Now there are also strange white texture errors in lower part of the screen when flying over sea. Also more stutters when flying near enemy planes (like the quick mission where you intercept DO-17s at low level), which reduces playability a lot. When trying Free hunt quick mission after a while the game just stopped.

This seems to be the worst of the last 3 patches in my WinXP PC.
On the positive side I like the new? "engine smoke when plane starts diving" visual effect.

Helrza
04-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Ive also got a bit of stuttering from this patch (14305). The last beta patch (14214) worked very well, next to no stuttering, and i was even able to enable cockpit and ground shadows.

I'd backed up the old patched version, and did some swapping between this and the lastest beta version to see wat could be causing these new stutterings. One thing i did notice was the rendering of the trees compared to the last patch, and i think this might be contributing. If someone else would like to check this... just so i dont think im bonkers :D

Patch (14305) - I zoomed in and watched wat was happenng and noticed with the new beta at a further distance they appeared in blocks and as they rendered whn u got closer, it seemed to be timed with the slight stuttering. It also appeared to do it as distant land was poping up.

In the last beta patch (14214) i didnt see the stuttering as trees and land was appearing.

I also noticed some buildings such as a few hangers doing the building pop-up stutter, but doesnt happen very often.

Clouds, SSAO, land shading and land detail still cause the most reduction with fps on my system across all the patch's. Everything else is able to be run at full.

Another thing id like to point out, dont know if its been mentioned or not, but looking directly forward out the cockpit causes a 8-10fps loss.. anyone else notice this?

Flanker35M
04-28-2011, 06:33 AM
S!

Cockpits cause some hit. If I fly Spitifre or Hurricane and open the canopy = increase in FPS. As not possible in Bf109E or other German planes = lower FPS all the time.

gonk
04-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Anyone know whether this patch gives the spitfire tracers now?

I have had tracers all the time... red/white/yellow I have tried them all... you need to set the load for each aircraft ... ie spit 1, 1a..etc.

seiseki
04-28-2011, 06:35 AM
There's still a bug with the Hurricane when you switch to Low model quality.
The game displays a really low poly hurricane on top of the regular cockpit, there's even two sticks, one is low poly and static..

robtek
04-28-2011, 06:38 AM
On single player this patch was smoothing the game for me, almost no more stutters.
When i joined the syn-server, with a Bf110, instantly on spawning the right engine was running and the oil-gasket and the radiator of engine 1 were broken.
Also the throttles didn't work.
Back to single player everything was fine again, maybe because the server wasn't patched? i didn't look.

X61100T
Crosshair IV
8GB Corsair DDR3
HD5870 1GB
3x1TB FJ103 (Raid 5)
1x 64GB SSD (System)
Win7 / 64 Ultimate

reflected
04-28-2011, 06:39 AM
The Irvin jacket is still sticking through the cockpit of the Spitfire from external view - OK, I know, minor bug, but it ruins the screenshots ;)

QMB skin/loadout/weathering selection still doesn't work.

Kankkis
04-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi Luthier and co.

There is my short video of stuttering and flickering now with my Crossfire card.
Never before had so much stutter than now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMb0utY5ZE

Winger
04-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Let's try it out.

Comes with a Bf-110C skin...

Found thus far:

Glitches over London.

New:
*Vsync optional by video.
*Briefing screen before mission.
*Mirror on Hurricane
*Crossfire shows up ingame.
*Text greyed in messagebox.

Q9950
2X HD Radeon 4890 crossfire
4Gb Ram

SLI indicator also shows as if it was working but i cant see any FPS-gain from it. Guess theres nothing but to wait until next driverrelease comes with a working profile.

Winger

Plt Off JRB Meaker
04-28-2011, 07:10 AM
This is exactly what I'm getting too Kankkis,thanks for uploading your vid,shows it up very well.I'm also using crossfire,not sure how I can switch to use just one card.

Kankkis
04-28-2011, 07:14 AM
This is exactly what I'm getting too Kankkis,thanks for uploading your vid,shows it up very well.I'm also using crossfire,not sure how I can switch to use just one card.

Disable it from CCC right click to right downcorner icon, then there opens menus where you can disable it.

I cannot disable it because i have dual GPU card.

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-28-2011, 07:22 AM
last beta patch makes game unplayable due to an insane amount of launcher crashes. Deleting the cache folder trick DIDN'T help btw.

specs are

quadcore q 6600.
4 gigs ram
GTX460 with 270.61 latest drivers
win7 home premium
game settings everything medium

Roll back here I come

Peril
04-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Best yet, performed very well and average fps is right up near 60. Vsink seems linked and the other changes to no window seem to work now. It's smooth as a baby's bottom @ 1280x800 res with most settings @ medium.

Don't touch it, I love it, hehehe ;)

Thanks again, how about some FM improvements next ;)

Winger
04-28-2011, 07:27 AM
For me this patch made the performance somewhat better. Now i can jack up everything to high and still maintain 35-70+ frames at 1920x1200.
Also when activating SLI the indicator shows that both cards are working in SLI. However the performancegain is not noticeable at all. Since i have the impression that AA is now working ill try out if SLI Anti Aliasing will work this evening and help with performance. Sadly i have to work now for another 10 or so hours.
Maybe someone else with SLI wants to experiment in the meanwhile with SLI AA and report back here? Would be interested to know if that works.

Winger

EDIT: My Rig:

Core i / 920 @ 4GHz
GTX 480 SLI
6 GB RAM
Windows 7 64

Winger
04-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi Luthier and co.

There is my short video of stuttering and flickering now with my Crossfire card.
Never before had so much stutter than now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMb0utY5ZE

Then just disable crossfire via your driver. Thats possible even with a dual card...
I bet this does the trick!

Winger

Kankkis
04-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Then just disable crossfire via your driver. Thats possible even with a dual card...
I bet this does the trick!

Winger

It's not possible, i don't even have that option on my CCC, working only if you have 2 different 1GPU card.

But now i get crossfire logo on upper right corner when playing, so now there is real full screen support.

MadTommy
04-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Performance seems to be a little better, was good before, but even smoother now. All settings on High, AAx8, SASO(or whatever its called) Off; getting average 60fps on free flight over England.

Only issue i've experienced is launcher crashes. Never had these before, but had a couple on trying to load a Quick Mission. I cleared my cache prior to installing. Crashes did not stop me playing, just had to reload and it worked. Does the game create a crash log/dump? I could not find one.

Apart from that patch seems good.

Winger
04-28-2011, 07:57 AM
It's not possible, i don't even have that option on my CCC, working only if you have 2 different 1GPU card.

But now i get crossfire logo on upper right corner when playing, so now there is real full screen support.

Disable "Catalyst AI" in CCC. This should do the trick!

Winger

RocketDog
04-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Good results.
Vsync works (Hooray!).

Frame rates and smoothness are very good.

FSAA seems to have little or no effect? I can't see much difference between AA = off and AA = 8x. Attempts to force it from the CCC do not work.

FFB forces are OK, but take about 10 seconds before the centring forces start to work.

Bad Results
Blue lines on the horizon and no horizon haze are STILL THERE.

Game running at 1920 x 1080.

i7 920@3.9 GHz
Radeon 6970 with Catalyst 11.3
Win 7 64-bit
MS FFB2

Kankkis
04-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Disable "Catalyst AI" in CCC. This should do the trick!

Winger

There is no option to disable it from CCC, if remeber correct after 10.2 version, there is three different quality to A.I but not disable anymore. I often used that option but AMD removed it :(

David198502
04-28-2011, 08:03 AM
for me this beta patch now, killed the stutters,which appeared after the last beta patch,again.so im happy.besides now i can choose other resolutions except my native monitor res and still have full screan.nice.
so a big thanks to the devs.you deserve a rest now!happy holidays!

systemspecs:
-Mainboard S1156 INTEL DH55TC,Micro-ATX,bulk
-Prozessor INTEL Core i5-650,3,2GHz,LGA1156,Dual-Core,Boxed
-2x 2GB DDR3 RAM,1333MHz,CL9,KINGSTON ValueRAM
-PCI-E 2.1 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD5570,Lite Retail,Low Profile
-Windows 7Home Premium 64Bit

Ctrl E
04-28-2011, 08:23 AM
how do i install the patch again? forgot? i just dump the parts file somewhere? right?

David198502
04-28-2011, 08:32 AM
unpack the file with 7zip into the steam il2 clod main folder

Extreme_One
04-28-2011, 08:41 AM
... should fix all the full-screen-related issues ...

I'm still briefly seeing the desktop when I'm transitioning between 2D menus and 3D in-game.

Is this normal?

Conte Zero
04-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Same here: closing a mission, going from main menu to full mission builder, starting a mission: I can see the desktop, sometimes it is the whole desktop, sometimes it is a strange mix of game's graphics framed into underneath desktop windows

No performance problems, it is just visually awful but I can live with it.

naz
04-28-2011, 09:13 AM
There is no option to disable it from CCC, if remeber correct after 10.2 version, there is three different quality to A.I but not disable anymore. I often used that option but AMD removed it :(

Just to back up Kankkis on this.

I have the same video card and am also having the same return of the awful stutters with this beta patch. The previous beta was much better with the stutters..they were almost all (but not completely) gone. The new beta has buggered things up for those of us with a dual GPU card again (or at least, those of us with a 5970). There is no way to disable Catalyst AI through CCC (I am using the new official ATI 11.4 drivers).

I did delete the cache etc... and made no changes to any of my in game settings pre and post this latest beta patch.

I have rolled back to the previous beta and I obviously hope this is sorted before the beta patch goes final.

Hope this feedback is of some help to the devs.

intel i7 950 @ 3.8
6 Gig 1600 RAM
Win 7 64bit
ATI 5970 with 11.4 drivers

Pluto
04-28-2011, 09:14 AM
I wish to all the russian developers (who deserve it) also a nice holyday!

But talking about the next patch, something jumps to my mind that I recently found in the game and almost forgot !!!

The replays of recorded missions are not working properly.
I recorded one of my flights and watched it again. in the replay the plane did something different from what I actually did at that point.

We had the same problems with replays way back in the old days of the first IL2-Sturmovik!

By the way, the keys for the different cameras that are already set in the game, seemingly dont work.
When I press external view or fly-by camera or whatever (F1-F6 or so...) nothing happens, the sight stays in cockpit view.
It doesent matter if you put the option "change sights" or what it says before starting the replay.

I watched some clips of the sim on youtube and was impressed about the great bombexplosions and other visual effects that you dont see in the cockpit.

I´d like to make my own little clips and edit them as it was possible in the old IL2. With those great new graphics it is certainly fun to watch this.
For others this clip editing seems to work. I only can replay my recorded flights and watch them again in cockpit view.

Am I doing anything wrong or is this also a bug like the mistakes in the replays? Would be great to get this also working properly, besides the other deficiencies.
:?

Spike
04-28-2011, 09:19 AM
http://www.guru3d.com/news/amd-catalyst-114-out-for-download/ Do you use MSI Afterburner with custom fan profiles?
That was the reason of all my shuttering. Once I closed Afterburner, everything was fine.

Heinz Laube
04-28-2011, 09:26 AM
great patch,

can play now with 1920*1080 on 24" TFT....AA @ 4, SSAO off, Vsync off, everything on High, except Buldingsdetail on Medium and Trees on Low, gras, shadows and streets on...
Blackdeath Bench average 45 fps.. smooth Gameplay , no Stutters... no more Laucher.exe crashs since the last 2 betas...except i use alt-tab too often....
System:
Asus P5B-E Plus
C2D E7300 @3.4 Ghz
6 GB DDR2 @800 Mhz
EVGA GTX 460 FTW 1GB DDR5
Win7/64 Ultimate
24" TFT

Littlepea
04-28-2011, 09:35 AM
I bought this game one month ago.
Played a bit, stopped it because of all the bugs. Waiting for patch.
Today I tried it. That's worst!!!
I list my previous bugs::evil::evil:
can't save the campaign.
can't change anything during the single mission (type of munitions...)
the artificial horizon sucks after few loopings.
the spitfire mirror was ful of big pixels.
can't communicate with tower and others pilots through the "tab" menu.

My today bugs::evil::evil::evil:
can't play the campaign. the plane's gear is up on the ground. so when i start the engine, the screw broke.
all the instruments sucks now. they don't move.
the fps slow down.

I stop playing before finding new bugs.
I'm on the verge of throwing this game out the window.:evil::evil::evil::evil:
It is outrageous to pay 50 euros for it.:evil::evil::evil::evil:
The least we can expect from a game is that it works.
I bought pacific fighters and 1946.
I knew that Ubisoft sucks. :evil::evil: But I was expecting that you didn't.
I was wrong. :confused::confused:

W0ef
04-28-2011, 09:50 AM

I have the same video card and am also having the same return of the awful stutters with this beta patch. The previous beta was much better with the stutters..they were almost all (but not completely) gone. The new beta has buggered things up for us with a dual GPU card again (or at least, those of us with a 5970). There is no way to disable Catalyst AI through CCC (I am using the new official ATI 11.4 drivers).

I did delete the cache etc... and made no changes to any of my in game settings pre and post this latest beta patch.

I have rolled back to the previous beta and I obviously hope this is sorted before the beta patch goes final.

intel i7 950 @ 3.8
6 Gig 1600 RAM
Win 7 64bit

This is from a very useful thread posted on these forums before:

• Disable CATALYST A.I - You must follow instructions below to disable Cat A.I. The slider settings are for enabled only, they've made it harder to disable it but here is how with latest drivers:

* Close down CCC.exe and MOM.exe via Taskmanager
* Navigate to <username> \AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles (for me C:\Users\Meh\Appdata\ etc
* Open Profiles.xml with Notepad
* Alt + F and search for "Catalyst"
* Change Value Enable to Disable for Catalyst A.I
* Save
* Restart

Just linking the rest of the thread, if you got bad stutters, follow their suggestions to hopefully sort em out as much as possible:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Game runs like a dream for me right now, smooth and Anti-Aliasing works good if I set it to override application settings in CCC. Only real problem I still have is the three blue lines on the horizon but I can live with those for now I suppose.

Thanks a bunch for the patch Luthier, game has come a looong way since first release version!:grin:

Kankkis
04-28-2011, 09:51 AM

I have the same video card and am also having the same return of the awful stutters with this beta patch. The previous beta was much better with the stutters..they were almost all (but not completely) gone. The new beta has buggered things up for those of us with a dual GPU card again (or at least, those of us with a 5970). There is no way to disable Catalyst AI through CCC (I am using the new official ATI 11.4 drivers).

intel i7 950 @ 3.8
6 Gig 1600 RAM
Win 7 64bit

They must sort it out before official release, there is much 5970 owners and with this beta2 it's totally unplayable with that terrible stuttering and flickering.

As i say allready in another post, i can test some betafixes with my 5970 how is it working

Pluto
04-28-2011, 09:53 AM
can't communicate with tower and other pilots through the "tab" menu.

...this is something that does not work on my game either,
good that you mention it Littlepea , among the many deficiencies, this is one that I also almost forgot! Because of the many bugs I dont play the sim so often. Wanted to wait until most of the bugs are ironed out.

Dont be too angry, I know its a pain in the neck to get a half finished product sold, if I could get a hold of the one responsible for it, he would get a big kick (or 2) in his backside from me:evil:
But it will improve, hopefully. The old IL2 was not much better in the beginning.

Dont throw it out, its going to bee a great sim I guess!

W0ef
04-28-2011, 09:56 AM
They must sort it out before official release, there is much 5970 owners and with this beta2 it's totally unplayable with that terrible stuttering and flickering.

As i say allready in another post, i can test some betafixes with my 5970 how is it working

5970 or 6990 owners are pretty much screwed right now because of built in Crossfire into a single GPU, so you cannot disable it and run on only one.

Apart from that did you read my post in answer to yours on the previous page?

At least it should give you some suggestions on how to reduce general stutters and how to disable Catalyst A.I.

nashash
04-28-2011, 09:57 AM
i tried installing 14305 and game will not launch, i revert back to 1.00.14101,
then i see there's a 14214 so i copy this over , and game will not launch ,
am i missing a beta patch that needs to be install first ?

windows 7 64bit
i7 2600
8 gig ram
5770 1gig

robtek
04-28-2011, 10:00 AM
@ Littlepea

if you had bothered to post your system specs your rant might have had a touch of meaningfullness.
The behaviour of theartificial horizon is realistic, accept it in a sim!
The mirror in the spit never worked and has, correctly imho, a very low priority to be fixed.
The same for the communication, altough with a higher priority.
And Ubisoft is only the publisher outside the ussr, anything relating patches and game performance should be related to Maddox Games!

Your performance, as a poster, is also less than satisfactory.

naz
04-28-2011, 10:10 AM
This is from a very useful thread posted on these forums before:

• Disable CATALYST A.I - You must follow instructions below to disable Cat A.I. The slider settings are for enabled only, they've made it harder to disable it but here is how with latest drivers:

* Close down CCC.exe and MOM.exe via Taskmanager
* Navigate to <username> \AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles (for me C:\Users\Meh\Appdata\ etc
* Open Profiles.xml with Notepad
* Alt + F and search for "Catalyst"
* Change Value Enable to Disable for Catalyst A.I
* Save
* Restart

Just linking the rest of the thread, if you got bad stutters, follow their suggestions to hopefully sort em out as much as possible:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Game runs like a dream for me right now, smooth and Anti-Aliasing works good if I set it to override application settings in CCC. Only real problem I still have is the three blue lines on the horizon but I can live with those for now I suppose.

Thanks a bunch for the patch Luthier, game has come a looong way since first release version!:grin:

Thanks for that info mate...I had just found that thread and read the suggestions just a few minutes ago.

To be honest though, I don't know if I want to go down that track ...I play other games where the dual GPUs are needed to be used and I don't want to go having to chop and change that profiles file (and to be frank, nor should I) each time I want to play another game vs. play CoD. Not having a whinge, but that all seems rather impractical.

I will stick with the previous beta patch for now as I am able to play with it. If the current beta goes final with the current 5970 issues however, then I may have to try it. Wait and see I guess.

cheers anyway.:)

EDIT: at the end of the day, these are BETA patches so these sort of problems are ok in my book...I am very confident the devs are reading the feedback and will be able to fix the issues in due course.:)

Kankkis
04-28-2011, 10:13 AM
5970 or 6990 owners are pretty much screwed right now because of built in Crossfire into a single GPU, so you cannot disable it and run on only one.

Apart from that did you read my post in answer to yours on the previous page?

At least it should give you some suggestions on how to reduce general stutters and how to disable Catalyst A.I.

Yeah, thanks but this is not right solution, there is much people who don't know that method and even many doesent know how to make these changes.

Secondly this is not AMD recommendable method. I have read some people are pissed their card this way, i dont know how true is it but there must be official fix for those cards.

W0ef
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Well, let me state two things..

Modding the Profiles.xmp has nothing to do with irreversible changes, it is just a matter of re-opening the file with notepad and changing settings back.

Disabling Catalyst A.I. is not linked whatsoever with disabling one of your GPU´s or anything, I dont think you can even do that on a 5770 to be honest, which is the problem for you guys right now.

I don´t get why people refuse to update their drivers or tweak their system to make games run better but that´s your choice I suppose. Little someone like me can do to help then though.

pancake
04-28-2011, 10:42 AM
plays better than previous on mine, one thing I have (and have had but are more noticeable now the game is playable) is somewhat jerky aminations for some moving parts such as the incockpit joystick and some control surfaces? just me or an issue?

Ploughman
04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
This patch is quite stuttery, especially when there's alot going on visually, although, conversely, just tooling around over England it's probably the smoothest it's been (which is to say quite stuttery). I'd gotten used to having very smooth gameplay at altitude even with 20 or more machines in the air. Also I'm experiencing alot of CTDs and graphical freezes that require me to end the game. I'll probably go back to the last patch as this one's kanckering up gameplay.

Appreciate the efforts you all are making, the sim's got so much potential and is worth keeping going at, and enjoy your time off you must all be beat.

Q6600
9800GT 1gb driver 270.61
vista32
4gb RAM

602Sqn.McLean
04-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Can someone confirm I loaded the patch right. I downloaded the Patch and saw that it wasn't a zip file. I unblocked it and dragged it to the CoD folder where I put the other patches. Just unsure because I didn't have to unzip anything. How do I check to see what version I have now?

MadTommy
04-28-2011, 11:06 AM
can't save the campaign.

can't play the campaign. the plane's gear is up on the ground. so when i start the engine, the screw broke.
the fps slow down.

Thanks for the laugh. I'd like to have sympathy for you, but your rant has too many smilies & bugs that are clearly user error or 'features'. I suggest you throw it out the window and play Wing of Prey or something similar.

The game works, yes there are bugs, but name me any PC game without bugs? Not sure what world you live in, there is not a game that i have played that does not have bugs, even several years after release.. none of the real bugs you list are show stoppers, I'd suggest you chill out and concentrate on the good things rather than a few bugs, and you might actually enjoy the game.

Pluto
04-28-2011, 11:07 AM
@ Littlepea

if you had bothered to post your system specs your rant might have had a touch of meaningfullness.
The behaviour of theartificial horizon is realistic, accept it in a sim!
The mirror in the spit never worked and has, correctly imho, a very low priority to be fixed.
The same for the communication, altough with a higher priority.
And Ubisoft is only the publisher outside the ussr, anything relating patches and game performance should be related to Maddox Games!

Your performance, as a poster, is also less than satisfactory.

...just to let you know, USSR does not exist anymore,..., never mind,

No601_Swallow
04-28-2011, 11:12 AM
This is the first time I've had this problem:

The beta patch has updated the game (eg. the splash screen has the right number and the video options have been added, etc.). But every time I try to load any mission, the "Launcher.exe" crashes. Enabling "vsync" or starting it in "window'd mode" make no difference. The game refuses to load any missions and just crashes back to the desktop.

Reverting to the last official patch (14101) and the game plays normally. The previous beta (14214) also causes no problems for me. Only this latest one.

I wonder if it could be that my computer does not like the functioning "fullscreen" implementation?

[My specs:
Asus P5K mobo'
Intel Core 2 Quad (2.4ghz)
4gb DDR2 Ram
Radeon 7550 (1gb vram)
Windows 7 pro 32bt.]

(I'm now worried the next official patch will destroy my game! :()

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
This is the first time I've had this problem:

The beta patch has updated the game (eg. the splash screen has the right number and the video options have been added, etc.). But every time I try to load any mission, the "Launcher.exe" crashes. Enabling "vsync" or starting it in "window'd mode" make no difference. The game refuses to load any missions and just crashes back to the desktop.

Reverting to the last official patch (14101) and the game plays normally. The previous beta (14214) also causes no problems for me. Only this latest one.

I wonder if it could be that my computer does not like the functioning "fullscreen" implementation?

[My specs:
Asus P5K mobo'
Intel Core 2 Quad (2.4ghz)
4gb DDR2 Ram
Radeon 7550 (1gb vram)
Windows 7 pro 32bt.]

(I'm now worried the next official patch will destroy my game! :()

same problem, just not the same specs.

Wolf_Rider
04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
no real difference - weathering works consistently in QMB though.

eVGA Precision reports GPU, instead of being 100% topped out, as jittery around the top end - (100/ 90/ 95/ 98% etc)

you've still got a problem with buldings and stuttering when loading though (Is there any way to pre load the entire map, buildings/ objects, etc, and just "colour them in" as the viewer approaches? - as well turn off of the breeze through the trees effect, unless really, really close?)

I did, however, get a Low Resources - set desktop to Windows Classic (turn Aero off, basically) warning ? ? ?

Ivan Fooker
04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Just for tracking:
Game and latest patch runs fine on my rig.
i7920@3.01;HD5870;6Gig Ram;Win7.
No crashes or similar.
To be honest i cant notice an increasement of performance to the latest beta patch.

Hunger
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi folks I look forward to this ugly duckling evolving into a beautiful swan, I already reported some of these Bugs in the FM and DM forum, it astonishes me that there is no Report Bugs here for this patch Thread, so i opt to post in the thread for the new Patch.

1.-
So Strange behaviour of the BR.20 (Seems to be related to the fact that this plane starts with way more start weight than it should) In the german column attack mission these blokes just stop in mid air after opening their bomb bays.
Although enemy fighters still seem able to damage them.
I tried to change the loadout and it just doesnt budge, I even was thrown out of the program that stated to have trouble with the launcher If i choose standard planes seem to have no bombs at all and does not attack.

How do I set the bombload in the plane it seems to switch to no bombs on default ?.:confused:

2.- The defiant turrets arc of fire and the direction where its gun points and the muzzle flash appears seems a little off.

3.- Minor clipping issues with buildings and landed planes (See BF110)

Best Regards
Hunger

My Pc

Phenom II X6 1045T
Windows 7 home Premium
4GB DDR3
Nvidia geforce GTX 460 1024MB

superbee15
04-28-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm still briefly seeing the desktop when I'm transitioning between 2D menus and 3D in-game.

Is this normal?

I get the same effect and I have not loaded either of the Beta Patches.

Cheers

janpitor
04-28-2011, 12:22 PM
can't save the campaign.

the fps slow down.

Did you install on the right version (first let steam to patch), then update with beta and delete everything in cache folder before the first start?
This is an issue nobody had till now

Neil Lowe
04-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanx for the patch.

Runs great on my system (see sig)

Only problems I have are:

1. No engine sounds for any plane other than the player in recorded tracks. (previous patches were the same)
2. Engine cuts out and revs up, then cuts out then revs up, in recorded tracks only. (previous patches were the same)
3. Force Feedback (centering forces) cut out if I enter menu screen to start recording a track. (previous patches were the same)

Looking forward to further patches to fix existing problems.

Enjoy your "May" celebrations.

Cheers, Neil :)

W0ef
04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
I have one bug to report after this patch.

Tracers seem to be not working anymore for my own plane. It does shoot and I can see the impact if I hit a plane, sounds go off too, but the tracers themselves dissapeared. o O

widgeon
04-28-2011, 12:46 PM
With latest beta patch:

There is flashing and changing land textures (flashing in and out land mass), flashing cloud shadows, and stuttering were I had none of this with COD prior to this beta patch.

In addition game froze and locked which it has not done before.

System;

GIGABYTE GV-R699D5-4GD-B Radeon HD 6990 with catalyst 11.4

1 x ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz

1 x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB

Kankkis
04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
With latest beta patch:

There is flashing and changing land textures (flashing in and out land mass), flashing cloud shadows, and stuttering were I had none of this with COD prior to this beta patch.

In addition game froze and locked which it has not done before.

System;

GIGABYTE GV-R699D5-4GD-B Radeon HD 6990

1 x ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz

1 x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB

Yeah, 6990 is dualGPU card, there is now really big problem with crossfire, i have 5970 dualGPU card and i got same problems, i must rollback to beta1 and fps is quite good again, stuttering but not so bad as beta2, it's not playable.

Beta1 wasnt use second gpu at all because no crossfire logo on upper right corner when playing, now i got logo but terrible stutter, so it now somehow find 2 gpu, i think because full screen is corrected(in windowed mode no crossfire possible) but not optimezed to 2 gpu yet.

naz
04-28-2011, 12:57 PM
I don´t get why people refuse to update their drivers or tweak their system to make games run better but that´s your choice I suppose. Little someone like me can do to help then though.

Mate...give it a rest

W0ef
04-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Mate...give it a rest

Come again bro?

I am giving it a rest, I got the game running sweet at fully maxed out graphics for me and with working Anti-Aliasing so what do I care? But yeah, people who come and complain about performance but then refuse to make any tweaks or even update their drivers to the latest version should stop whining.

Peace out and happy flying.

EDIT: I am not saying this about you personally, before you start jumping onto some high horse. You ARE pretty much screwed with the latest beta patch, just like 6990 users.

louisv
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
+1

naz
04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Its a feedback thread about a beta patch...we gave feedback on why the beta patch is not working for for our (rather common) hardware..Don't quite see any ranting going on there old boy.

I thanked you for your assistance and suggestion earlier, so cant quite see the need for your sanctimonious questioning of why oh why wont people just get of their arse and do some more tweaking.

EDIT: Oh bugger, I just saw your edit above. Yup, that was what got me ticked off originally. Put this down to internet miscommunication mate. All good.

He111
04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks Russian Crew .. time for finding easter eggs! :grin:

He111.

W0ef
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Its a feedback thread about a beta patch...we gave feedback on why the beta patch is not working for for our (rather common) hardware..Don't quite see any ranting going on there old boy.

I thanked you for your assistance and suggestion earlier, so cant quite see the need for your sanctimonious questioning of why oh why wont people just get of their arse and do some more tweaking.

I agree that this is about Beta patch feedback. My first post to you was just explaining how to Disable Catalyst A.I. since you stated you wanted to and were not able to in CCC.

Then you say:

To be honest though, I don't know if I want to go down that track ...I play other games where the dual GPUs are needed to be used and I don't want to go having to chop and change that profiles file (and to be frank, nor should I) each time I want to play another game vs. play CoD. Not having a whinge, but that all seems rather impractical.

Now can you maybe explain to me what disabling Catalyst A.I. has to do with running single or dual gpu in the first place?

Apart from that I stand by what I said, and with that I will let this point rest since this thread is and should be like you said about Beta patch feedback.

lbuchele
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Funny thing is that I had a feeling that CoD could have some issues with SLI/crossfire and bought my single card before the lauch of the game...
Hoping they fix this in a near future.

skouras
04-28-2011, 01:25 PM
antiallising still not active above 2x
also there are some brown lego style buildings over big cities like London
the mixture of the 109 it doesn't move anymore

naz
04-28-2011, 01:30 PM
@WOef

Hmmm, well its obvious I confused catalyst AI with disabling one of the GPUs then. I am no technical expert. In any event, I also stand by what I said...the previous patch works fine for me, the current one doesn't. I am happy enough to continue with the old one and wait and see what happens with later patches with the 5970s, with my previous stated confidence in the devs to sort things out.

I also stand by what I said about your sanctimonious tone. You offer a suggestion, I politely thank you whilst mentioning I will probably let things ride for now but you want to make some sort of issue out of it. Is it really that upsetting for you if someone doesn't follow your suggestion? Strewth mate, have a lie down!

Lets just leave it at that then eh?

EDIT: Oh bugger, I just saw your edit above. Yup, that was what got me ticked off originally. Put this down to internet miscommunication mate. All good.

Wolf_Rider
04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
erm, spoke too soon

Launcher crash after changing ammo belt/ convergence in Options/ Plane

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Launcher.exe_Launcher
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4d6e3d08
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 49524544
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

saved loadout, went to Quick missions, select mission and crasho

ATAG_Doc
04-28-2011, 02:06 PM
antiallising still not active above 2x
also there are some brown lego style buildings over big cities like London
the mixture of the 109 it doesn't move anymore

I think the 109 doesn't have one.

giovanni the ace
04-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Their long deserved rest finally comes.

G.C.

sfmadmax
04-28-2011, 02:29 PM
awesome work! thanks!

Wolf_Rider
04-28-2011, 02:33 PM
again?

low resources warning exiting QMB...

and Print Screen (default key assignment) doesn't seem to be working...

naz
04-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Some more feedback for the devs...

I tried disabling Catalyst AI in the profiles.xml as per WOef suggestion and the other thread.

It did seem to cure the flickering that was shown on Kankkis' video, but unfortunately the really bad stutters remained.

Have again rolled back to the previous beta patch. Looking forward to further patches after you've enjoyed your holidays lads. Been flying IL2 since the original demo and I am loving CoD despite its difficult launch. Once all the warts are fixed up, it is going to be an absolute gem.

intel i7 950 @ 3.8
6 Gig 1600 RAM
Win 7 64bit

Kankkis
04-28-2011, 02:56 PM
What it positive with last patch, it now found both GPUs from my 5970 card, because when i enable from my ccc "show crossfire logo when used" now i see that logo when i play clod, i think that problem cured with true fullscreensupport because sli/crossfire doesen't work on windowed games.

FS~Phat
04-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I get amazing scaling in the latest beta by forcing AFRfriendly d3d in radeon pro but have massive flickering problems.

The graphics scrolling and rendering is really really smooth though and I get 90 to 130FPS on black death track. There's lots of potential now for great crossfire scaling but the latest beta is unplayable for me as I have a 5970 and 2 x 5870s (quad GPU) and it stutters along at 10fps totally unplayable. If force AFR and get an amazing smooth frame rate but then I have flickering and missing textures which is just as unplayable! Back to the last formal patch release for me as the previous beta1 was crap too.

i7 950 @ 4.6Ghz
6GB Ram @ 2000Mhz
4 x 5870 @ 1000/1300
Win 7 ult 64bit
1920x1080 res

Dano
04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Ok, just reverted to current release and re-applied beta patch, much better; graphical issues appear to be gone and a significant FPS increase - pre-patch Black Death was Avg 47 - Max 127 - Min 2, post patch was Avg 53 - Max 126 - Min 15.

I'm not convinced that I haven't now got some microstutter but without reverting again to check I don't know if it's just me looking harder :)

Robin2k7
04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
fore the first time i need to say this patch don't work fore me at all ...it seems everything is back to how it was .

stutters , glitches , low frame rate and last but not least .....my screen is flickering , what you normally see if your video card cart is broke .

going back to 2COD_14214 patch !~!

hockeywarrior
04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
The previous patch totally killed any performance gains that I had so far from all of the previous patch work.

This patch brings back most of those performance gains thankfully, so I appreciate that. That said, I don't see any improvement regarding the remaining major game-breaking issues that I have, such as:

1) The inability to fly Spitfires and sometimes Hurricanes without CEM turned on because the AI limits the RPM to levels so low that you can't catch enemy planes, essentially making the British campaign impossible.

2) The really bad input lag in the game that affects joystick movements, looking around, using the mouse, and keyboard input and makes it nearly impossible at times to pull off precise gunnery, especially with the crazy AI ...

3) Terrible AI that doesn't follow the laws of physics and pulls impossible stunts -- even worse than in IL2 1946. I know they say it's being worked on for next patch, but it's worth mentioning because it prevents me from having any fun with the game.

4) The generally completely broken campaigns on both sides, buggy quick missions, and the totally pointless airplane editor where none of your changes are saved. In general, all of the broken features of the game that don't add any replay value.

JumpingHubert
04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Kinda working for me.. I can notice a good difference in between OFF and x8 setting in game..

but still some parts are aliased badly in 8x, like the Hurricane horizontal (superior parts) cockpit bars.
yes, since release version there is a difference between 0xAA and 1xAA ingame. But not between 1x and 8x. I test it with quick mission, paused game and external view.....horrible

jibo
04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
i agree with FS~Phat this needs furthers investigations but SLI/Crosffire may do wonders with this game when fully supported, by easing frame workload and memory bus jamming, i have run some tests with 6xxx cards

MadTommy
04-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Been getting launcher crashes since this patch: Never happened before this patch.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Fault Module Name: StackHash_d8a9
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: ffe1ffe1
Exception Data: 00000008
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: d8a9
Additional Information 2: d8a919e104c2a59ece3aaebd079c7417
Additional Information 3: 6f1d
Additional Information 4: 6f1d3906840a536e25641f6b4441da2a

and

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7bafa
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b727
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: f0ed
Additional Information 2: f0ed5a8d25eeb2e582be15cddcf88eb8
Additional Information 3: e36e
Additional Information 4: e36e6f45c53e5f03b9fe0e635f023b3a

Victorlz
04-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks a lot.
My fps have a good improvement in my 8800gt, core 2 duo 2gb, and most of the problems with the other patch are gone. Over the Channel I can fly with more than 80 (!) fighters in the air, with exelent fps at hight altitude, with shadows on, and textures hight. Over the land my fps still low, but it´s a little better.

JG4_Greif
04-28-2011, 04:29 PM
I have the same problem as MadTommy. I get launcher crash more often. If I go on the channel map I can be sure that if I end the mission I will get a launcher crash. Maybe it is because I only have 3 gig Ram. The rest works fine for me, fps are good.
All details on med, except Model-Details and Texture quality on high VSync and Streets on in 1680x1050 (27-29 fps on BlackDeath track)

Beschreibung
Stopped working

Problemsignatur
Problemereignisame: APPCRASH
Application Name: Launcher.exe
Fault Module Name: DINPUT8.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a672
Exception Offset: 00015b7b
Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Beschreibung
Stopped working

Problemsignatur
Problemereignisame: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: launcher.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 1.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 03: 4d6e3d08
Problemsignatur 04: maddox
Problemsignatur 05: 1.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 06: 4db85185
Problemsignatur 07: 238e
Problemsignatur 08: 153
Problemsignatur 09: System.AccessViolationException
Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

MS Windows Vista SP2
Intel Core2 Quad CPU
Q 6600 @ 2,40 GHz
3,0GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Wolf_Rider
04-28-2011, 04:37 PM
looking like it maybe, might be, could be, possibly is, a DEP problem... .

mem dia @ several passes appears okay given that no other program/ app returns a c0000005 error

JG301_HaJa
04-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Right, some more testing.

I turned off crossfire in ccc and turned off AA in the game and applied it in ccc together
with quality on all settings and vsync on (but no triple buffer) plus cat AI to lowest slider
position ( I know its not off ) and the result was smooth, stutter free and no flashing texture.

I have also upgraded to cat 11.4 and lates CAP, 11.3 cap5 (no importance since crossfire is
siabled).

So untill crossfire is fixed it works again :)

TonyD
04-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I ran the ‘Black Death’ track with each of the tests below, and recorded the fps using the in-game display. All other settings were unaltered, driver settings at default.

AMD driver ver. 11.3, beta patch ver. 14214: avg.41, max.94, min10
AMD driver ver. 11.4, beta patch ver. 14214: avg.41, max.93, min.9
AMD driver ver. 11.4, beta patch ver. 14305: avg.42, max.96, min.10

I haven’t noticed any anomalies, but haven’t flown yet. The game loaded normally. If I notice any relevant changes when flying, I’ll edit this post.

[Edit: After a brief flight over Dover, the increase in the average frame rate suggested by the above seems more apparent – it subjectively runs at a higher frame rate, with a noticeable improvement when looking at the burning fuel storage depot. No additional graphic anomalies, no stuttering and no black lines (texture edges) seen in the sea. Nice improvement to the map detail. For me, a general improvement overall. :-D ]

[Edit 2: Regarding previously noted errors which seem unchanged;
- Will still occasionally display desktop when hitting the ‘Esc’ key
- Some texture leaks between sea and land on shore line (thin rectangular strips)
- Massive fps hit when Le Havre industrial district comes into view

These have been present since the previous beta and seem unaffected by the latest patch]

Littlepea
04-28-2011, 05:35 PM
To Robtek:
Who care about my system specs.
The game worked good when I tried it few weeks ago.
Just some minor troubles when I compare it with all the troubles that some people had.
For the artificial horizon, I didn't have it before in the others "Il-2 Sturmovik" so that's why I thought it was a bug.
As you said htey had others priority.
For example, I couldn't save my game in the campaign mode, sorry but for me, it's a high priority bug.
In which game you couldn't save?
I don't care about my poster performance. I care about the game performance.
So I decided to stop playing for few weeks waiting for patchs.

And today when I tried it again.
In the campaign, I can't take off. All the AI planes too. The gears were up and planes were grounded.
So I tried a quick game.
All the needles of the flight instruments were not moving then they moved earlier.
So what was I suppose to do?!
That's a shame.

I was playing others maddox games and I was expecting better from them. That's it.
I know that this game will be a great sim.

The game works, yes there are bugs, but name me any PC game without bugs? Not sure what world you live in, there is not a game that i have played that does not have bugs, even several years after release.. none of the real bugs you list are show stoppers, I'd suggest you chill out and concentrate on the good things rather than a few bugs, and you might actually enjoy the game.

The last I bought for example: Total war Shogun 2.
I installed it and played.
i m agree with you when you said that games still have bugs after release.
But sorry for your favorite game, this one is unplayable.
As I said How could you play the campaign without saving it?
or How could you play the campaign when your plane is grounded because the gear is up when the game start?
Explain me maybe I will enjoy it after.

I played with the "pacific fighter" and "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" Everything works , so...

JG14_Jagr
04-28-2011, 05:35 PM
INstalled the Beta #2 on top of the old Beta. Ran game normally and noticed longer load up time initially.. Did my normal fps test track and I noticed that it looked amazingly good but was slower... Went in to video settings and found Vsync was on by accident :0 And FSAA.. so I disabled those to bring my settings on HIGH to exactly what they were.. end result about 10 fps better... now rather than 100-102 at start I get 110-112

Some people are trying to force Crossfire it is NOT working.. nor was it supposed to be working as far as I can read in the patch.

I don't have SLI.. I Have a 6970 HD that runs this game great on my system..

I would like to see them work on 2 mains areas.. SLI/Crossfire support and FM's/DM's I think game stoppers need to go first, but at this point a significant portion of the players are having the game work ok, but the FM's and the engine management issues are making it less fun than it should be.. so efforts should be divided between those areas now. Along with GUI and Sound fixes..I know some people are going crazy about the sound, but I can live with less stellar sound until other areas are in a better place.

Fall_Pink?
04-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Ran into one strange error, however unsure if it was also there with the previous beta patch.

Flew a mission, exit mission, went to the video options and increased the texture level from medium to high, enabled grass and roads, saved the options and tried same mission again. Result: the mission would not load and the indicator bar halted at 90%. Only way to exit was the 3 finger salute.

Rgs,
FP

BlackbusheFlyer
04-28-2011, 07:13 PM
May have spoken to soon about this beta, it seemed fine last night.. now tried multiplayer, unplayable stuttering and "launcher has stop working". This is with Nvidia 570GTX.

15.Span_Valalo
04-28-2011, 07:50 PM
this patch is more beta, dont repair any important bug to the other beta´s patch, all the game is very beta... unplayable friend, unplayable :( :( :confused:. And more problem to windows 7... crash game sometimes.... :mad: :(..

I wish that 1C team resolve and repair this important bugs... but i think that after summer we will play at this simulator, now is unplayable.

More thaks luthier and friends...

RocketDog
04-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Blue lines are still there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/RocketDog/Launcher2011-04-2820-39-41-88.jpg

ATi 6970, Cat 11.4, i7 920 @ 3.8 GHz, Win 7 64-bit.

Ali Fish
04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
was quite happy with latest patch. but the more i try play through the playability the more i find practically nothing works properly. cant even get left and right brakes working now. did they ever work ?, taxying was never so hard.

so here's a thought, forget the patches, finish the game. because this is not patching the game really. this is finishing what should have been done prior to release. Gone"gold" thats what they call it usually. and where minor patches occur therafter. between 1C & Ubi this was put together just enough to warrant a release of sorts. not ideal at all.

Dano
04-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Blue lines are still there.

Sponsored by Addidas ;)

mcdaniels
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
hi folks,
i d like to say "you ve done a lot since the release of the sim". I tried out the latest Beta Patch a few minutes ago.

So far it is running without problems. ok, i flew a few singe missions and haven't tried MP. Game is running very smooth with no stuttering and looking great.

My wishlist of issues to be resolved are (still):

1. Please make the radio work. It is still useless to "command" your wingmen to attack targets, get closer in formation, radio to the base to receive the vektor to the airfield and so on. Nothing happens... no roger - no respond nor any action of wingmen.

2. Improve the AI (i read this is one next thing which is adressed by future patches - nice!) Just flew a single mission with 6 Me110 on my six o clock and they don't even shoot @me ... :-/

3. Not a big thing, but my mirror only shows some graphical mess when it points to the ground (if i am climbing....) If the mirror points in the air/clouds the view in the mirror is not messed up. I am also not sure if the mirror will show planes on my six... never saw any planes (which definitily were on my six)

4. Is it possible to decrease the font size of the radiomessages of wingmen/wingleader? These messages appear in really big font on my machine. (same thing with chat window...)

5. Perhaps it is my mistake, but how can I figure out which course i am flying? The compass isnt really that good to "see" in Cockpit.

You really did a great job fixing many many issues so far. The sim is great and will get better and better.

Thanks for your hard work and your feedback!

BTW. I am dreaming of a multiplayer coop mission (online) with teamspeak for communication with squadmembers... everybody did this with COD?

Greetings from Austria

Gollum
04-28-2011, 08:44 PM
http://redriverpak.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/george_costanza020.jpg

GOLLUM IS GETTING UPSET!!!

Storm of When
04-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Was playing well before I applied the patch, now it`s unplayable, brakes gone, unbearable stuttering and fps down from 50+ to single figures. The Crossfire icon shows up and both gpu`s are working, but I`m guessing it`s faulty X-Fire which has messed it up. I`ll go try with crossfire disabled.

skouras
04-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Sponsored by Addidas ;)

hahahaha:grin:

GopherStibble
04-28-2011, 10:17 PM
This patch has certainly improved the experience of flying a mission. Fewer stutters by far and more fluid. I have a low spec system and did not expect to be able to play the game at all. It does seem odd how varied the problems are but the first thing the devs need to fix is performance on higher end PCs. I have never thought it good value to run dual video cards myself but for those who have shelled out hard earned cash to then have such problems is a bad look.

I play no grass or shadows and low buildings... the ground looks pretty shite, really, when playing one of the new straffing missions but at least it plays.
My specs - e6850 dual core
450 FTX
2 GB (2! why does it even run on my PC!) RAM

My impression is that it is lower end PCs that are receiving the most benefit from patches. Good for me but bad for the game. Keen gamers have high end PCs and it is their reviews that the game needs.

Extreme_One
04-28-2011, 10:30 PM
4. Is it possible to decrease the font size of the radiomessages of wingmen/wingleader? These messages appear in really big font on my machine. (same thing with chat window...)

ALT + Left Click on the window - right click and choose "Edit ... " then you can alter the settings such as font size and colour etc. etc.

GL HF

Flashman
04-28-2011, 10:46 PM
There appears to be an issue online at least where the Bf110 engine is immediately damaged upon spawning. This happens with CEM and Temperature effects on. Its as if it is already hot, and the right engine appeared to be turning, and also the throttles in the cockpit don't move.

basically the Bf110 is broken, on the Syndicate server at least. WIll test elsewhere as well.

Eckhart
04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
This patch has certainly improved the experience of flying a mission. Fewer stutters by far and more fluid. I have a low spec system and did not expect to be able to play the game at all. It does seem odd how varied the problems are but the first thing the devs need to fix is performance on higher end PCs. I have never thought it good value to run dual video cards myself but for those who have shelled out hard earned cash to then have such problems is a bad look.

I play no grass or shadows and low buildings... the ground looks pretty shite, really, when playing one of the new straffing missions but at least it plays.
My specs - e6850 dual core
450 FTX
2 GB (2! why does it even run on my PC!) RAM

My impression is that it is lower end PCs that are receiving the most benefit from patches. Good for me but bad for the game. Keen gamers have high end PCs and it is their reviews that the game needs.

That exactly says it! This game is conceived for the homegrown russian market with a lot of steam-powered computers :rolleyes: (pun intended). They are not aiming at us real hardcore simmers. I got my rig with COD in mind and now I am stuck with this mess:

version 14101 (black death track):
Frames Time (ms) Min Max Avg
1325 60000 4 45 22.083

after this patch (black death track):
638 60000 5 16 10.633

video settings
see attachment

PC
see signature

Just a side-note, I fly IL2 1946 (HSFX 5.1) with 60 FPS average, FSX (all maxed out with REX clouds) with 30 FPS, ROF (max airplane settings, medium landscape) in 3D :!: with 40 FPS using the same surround setting on the latest Nvidia driver.

Gopher got it completely right and if this continues then this game will just disappear from the market. It already has an awful reputation (PCGamer review) and if they hope for the North American to help them out of their misery, they are dead fish in the water with this policy.

My advice: If you can't meet both sides low end and high end PCs then just create a high end version of COD (COD platinum ...:rolleyes:) and sell it for the double or triple price. You will find a market (look at all those high prized add-ons for the FSX market) and save your reputation which means your economical survival....

At this point, my last hope is with the upcoming "Microsoft FLIGHT"...:evil:

O_Smiladon
04-28-2011, 11:22 PM
That exactly says it! This game is conceived for the homegrown russian market with a lot of steam-powered computers :rolleyes: (pun intended). They are not aiming at us real hardcore simmers. I got my rig with COD in mind and now I am stuck with this mess:

1325 60000 4 45 22.083

638 60000 5 16 10.633

video settings
see attachment

PC
see signature

Just a side-note, I fly IL2 1946 (HSFX 5.1) with 60 FPS average, FSX (all maxed out with REX clouds) with 30 FPS, ROF (max airplane settings, medium landscape) in 3D :!: with 40 FPS using the same surround setting on the latest Nvidia driver.

Gopher got it completely right and if this continues then this game will just disappear from the market. It already has an awful reputation (PCGamer review) and if they hope for the North American to help them out of their misery, they are dead fish in the water with this policy.

My advice: If you can't meet both sides low end and high end PCs then just create a high end version of COD (COD platinum ...:rolleyes:) and sell it for the double or triple price. You will find a market (look at all those high prized add-ons for the FSX market) and save your reputation which means your economical survival....

Yawn

Eckhart
04-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Yawn

http://erstories.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/yawn.jpg

Blackdog_kt
04-28-2011, 11:48 PM
was quite happy with latest patch. but the more i try play through the playability the more i find practically nothing works properly. cant even get left and right brakes working now. did they ever work ?, taxying was never so hard.

so here's a thought, forget the patches, finish the game. because this is not patching the game really. this is finishing what should have been done prior to release. Gone"gold" thats what they call it usually. and where minor patches occur therafter. between 1C & Ubi this was put together just enough to warrant a release of sorts. not ideal at all.

What aircraft where you flying? The controls in CoD mimic the controls in the real aircraft.

So, if you're flying a Spit or Hurri, you can press the brakes key and add some rudder and it will turn on the spot, because that's how it was done in the real one. There was only one brake lever on the stick grip and differential braking was achieved by a valve connected to the rudders: it supplied equal pressure to both brakes if the rudder was centered but as you applied rudder it supplied more pressure to the wheel brake in the direction the rudder was deflected.

However, if you are flying a 109 or 110 this will not work because they had separate left/right brakes. In these aircraft, pressing the brakes key pushes down on both wheel brakes but if you want differential braking you'll have to map separate keys for left and right wheel brakes.

I hope that helps clear it up somewhat.

322Sqn_Dusty
04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Highest settings, vsync on, ATI cat 11.4 highest quality. Planes do not show in F2 mode.

Q9550 @ 3.4
Coolermaster 850w PSu
2x Sapphire HD4890_OC 1GB
4Gb Ram
Win 7 64
Saitek X52
Saitek Quadrant
Saitek Rudder pro

RocketDog
04-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Highest settings, vsync on, ATI cat 11.4 highest quality. Planes do not show in F2 mode.

Q9550 @ 3.4
Coolermaster 850w PSu
2x Sapphire HD4890_OC 1GB
4Gb Ram
Win 7 64
Saitek X52
Saitek Quadrant
Saitek Rudder pro

Check you haven't just moved the aircraft out of the field of view using left-click on the mouse in external view. Try zooming out and then re-centering the aircraft if so.

Bpdslayer
04-29-2011, 04:46 AM
Stutters are gone, and i'm getting 20+ fps on the ground and between 30-60 in the air with many planes. I'm running highest setting, 8xaa, but minus the SSAO. And my screen resolution is 2560x1600. So far the greatest improvements to performance I've seen, and the graphics look so damn beautiful. Well done!

I was flying a mission last night, attacking some bombers in my bf109, when my engine got shot up and the engine hood got blown off exposing the top half of the engine. Awesome damage modelling hehehe. Lots of surprises.

I5 760 @ 3600, 4gb DDR3 Ram @ 1600, Win 7 64bit,
MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr SLI,
Vertex 2 SSD

scotchegg
04-29-2011, 04:53 AM
The game starts up fine but every time I try to load a mission I get CTDs after this patch. Cleared the cache as suggested. Any ideas? If not how do I roll back to previous patch version? (sorry, I need lots of help...)

Q6700@3.2GHz
GTS240 1GB
4GB Ram

raaaid
04-29-2011, 04:58 AM
i had to uninstall teh beta patch due to many crashes

justme262
04-29-2011, 05:24 AM
It seems the performance issues have been fixed completely on my machine. I'm getting solid 50fps with no stutters on 1600x900 50hz.

I just fought a 8 v 8 dog fight Dover at dawn. Very beautiful game now and a joy to fly.

I have still seen AI fighters doing impossibly fast rolls at high speed. Many small details and errors yet to be dealt with yet.

But performance is optimized here :cool:

LcSummers
04-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Dear Luthier and team.

first of all HAPPY HOLLIDAYS, you really need it. Enjoy R&R and load your batteries.

This patch is much better for me. More fps and no stutters by turning off shadows and clouds. Having both enabled, i get stutters but not as bad as the very first/initial patches.
You are really doing a great job and going the right direction.;)

Thanks alot

Phenom II X4 965 BE 3,4 GHz
4 GB RAM
Win7 32
GTX 295
G940 HOTAS

O_Smiladon
04-29-2011, 06:06 AM
http://erstories.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/yawn.jpg

Now Thats funny..good to see you still have a sence of humour..:grin:

O_Smiladon

No601_Swallow
04-29-2011, 06:18 AM
The game starts up fine but every time I try to load a mission I get CTDs after this patch. Cleared the cache as suggested. Any ideas? If not how do I roll back to previous patch version? (sorry, I need lots of help...)

Q6700@3.2GHz
GTS240 1GB
4GB Ram

My problem as well. Anyway, if you right-click on the name of the game in Steam and then choose "verify game files" or something similar, Steam will replace the patch files with the last "official" version. (For me, I then installed the previous beta patch over this official version, which works fine on my machine.)

Eklund89
04-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Mine works fine until windows tells me the memory is running out or getting filled. I have got 6 GB. Anyone experiencing somthing similar? Any solution?

Bobb4
04-29-2011, 06:48 AM
There appears to be an issue online at least where the Bf110 engine is immediately damaged upon spawning. This happens with CEM and Temperature effects on. Its as if it is already hot, and the right engine appeared to be turning, and also the throttles in the cockpit don't move.

basically the Bf110 is broken, on the Syndicate server at least. WIll test elsewhere as well.
The =69.GIAP= server as well has the same problem. It is however not reported by everyone?
Offline the 110 controls work fine?

Wolf_Rider
04-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Mine works fine until windows tells me the memory is running out or getting filled. I have got 6 GB. Anyone experiencing somthing similar? Any solution?

again?

low resources warning exiting QMB...

and Print Screen (default key assignment) doesn't seem to be working...

view the original for sceenshot (though ingame prt scrn ain't be wirkin')

Flashman
04-29-2011, 08:17 AM
The =69.GIAP= server as well has the same problem. It is however not reported by everyone?
Offline the 110 controls work fine?

Yep same here. It works offline. I also created my own server to test the mission and this also works fine.

I have just tried updating the cache files etc on the server copy of CloD: this made no difference.

RAF_Marmaduke
04-29-2011, 08:36 AM
I'd like some help in getting the patch installed. I understand it's just a simple extract to the correct folder affair too.

No matter what I do it always shows up as the last official version on Steam. I have deleted the local content, re-installed again, also deleted cache folder a number of times - it just seems fixed at the version 1.00.14101

Thanks,

carguy_
04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Hi everyone,
Also, in case you do not know, most of Russia is on official holidays for 5 days between May 1 and May 9 and some of the programmers will finally take some rest. I know there's still a lot of work to do, but I hope you'll agree that it'll be better for everyone if we do rest a bit.

So, with that, there probably won't be another patch until the second or third week of May, and we'll release exact details closer to that date. Updates to AI, FM and plane performance figures are in the works, but they take longer to implement and test. Hopefully you'll see the first round of them the next patch over.

We're about ready to call it a night - we'll check on your results tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help.

Yes, go on take some rest. In spite of what some people are saying, you deserve it. Every single free-from-work day is worth gold and I`m sure that every person who does hard work agrees. For me 5 to 6 days is really ok. And ofcourse don`t forget about some real vacation in June/July/August. You really must recharge your worker batteries and I`m sure many of us understand.

As to the next patch coming out, I`m ok with you giving an approximate date as 1C needs to keep reminding the community that the current state of the game is not to stay for long. Yes, I know that those who saw the 2001 IL2 grow don`t need to be told so, but we seem to have more and more newcomers. Also, in my opinion you should state whether some features/bugs :
- are being worked on,
- are put to lower priorities list,
- will be left as are.

I wish you good weather to spend some quality time with your families so hopefully you`ll be more optimistic. We`ll still be here anyway.

Flanker35M
04-29-2011, 08:54 AM
S!

Marmaduke, easy steps to use the beta patch. Trying to be as clear as possible :)

1) Go to X:\Users\..\Documents\1c SoftClub\CoD folder\cache\shaders\ and clear it.
2) Run the file integrity check from Steam(right click game in Library -> Properties).
3) Get 7Zip, a free and very good compress/extraction proggie. Install.
4) Download the beta patch, right click and choose Extract here.
5) Copy the Parts and PaintSchemes to the X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CoD folder and replace files/folders when asked.
6) Start game and enjoy :)

Hopefully works for you.

Psycho_Ch!cken
04-29-2011, 08:55 AM
I'd like some help in getting the patch installed. I understand it's just a simple extract to the correct folder affair too.

No matter what I do it always shows up as the last official version on Steam. I have deleted the local content, re-installed again, also deleted cache folder a number of times - it just seems fixed at the version 1.00.14101

Thanks,

Make sure you're extracting it to the correct folder. Depending on the program doing the extracting, you may find that you're creating a nice new IL2 folder inside the current one with its own subfolders.

If it's still giving you grief, extract it somewhere else to a temporary folder, then just copy the contents into your CloD folder. If it's prompting you about overwriting files then it's going in the right place. If it's not saying a word, then it's likely going in the wrong place.

15.Span_Valalo
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
More fails and photo.

Yesterdey in syndicate server, I played and saw this.....

http://fotos.miarroba.es/fo/3cab/1F4DD0BC20254DBA82402A4DBA7E5E.jpg

RAF_Marmaduke
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
S!

Marmaduke, easy steps to use the beta patch. Trying to be as clear as possible :)

1) Go to X:\Users\..\Documents\1c SoftClub\CoD folder\cache\shaders\ and clear it.
2) Run the file integrity check from Steam(right click game in Library -> Properties).
3) Get 7Zip, a free and very good compress/extraction proggie. Install.
4) Download the beta patch, right click and choose Extract here.
5) Copy the Parts and PaintSchemes to the X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CoD folder and replace files/folders when asked.
6) Start game and enjoy :)

Hopefully works for you.

Thanks mate S!

janpitor
04-29-2011, 09:42 AM

1325 60000 4 45 22.083

638 60000 5 16 10.633

video settings
see attachment

PC
see signature

Just reduce textures to high or med, land shadows low, trees and buildings medium and then it could be ok. I have 1920x1080 and my settings are as stated (i5-750 4GHz, GTX 480)

Heinz Laube
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM

i had the same problem, after i turned off the pagefile (swapfile)...have 6 GB Ram, too, after turning on pagefile... i never get this message, again

Eklund89
04-29-2011, 11:57 AM
i had the same problem, after i turned off the pagefile (swapfile)...have 6 GB Ram, too, after turning on pagefile... i never get this message, again

Ok, thanx

Kankkis
04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Official patch today? ;)

z0ttel
04-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Having some problems with the latest BETA patch: can't play recorded tracks any more, because the file manager window doesn't show up. Recording tracks also doesn't work, because the game hangs up completely before the file manager window shows up.

Any ideas?

Kankkis
04-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Having some problems with the latest BETA patch: can't play recorded tracks any more, because the file manager window doesn't show up. Recording tracks also doesn't work, because the game hangs up completely before the file manager window shows up.

Any ideas?

If you have aero off put it on

z0ttel
04-29-2011, 05:32 PM
If you have aero off put it on

Thanks man, now it works again :grin:

Mad G
04-29-2011, 06:28 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

palker4
04-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Reinstalled game today applied beta patches and i still cannot play online because of game crashing upon joining any server. Stability in general is very poor on my system. I dont remember when i quit game last time in regular non-CTD way. Record playing interface wont show at all. Exhaust effects are raping my fps and so on. Still i cant stop playing despite crash every 10 to 15 minutes

easytarget3
04-29-2011, 07:33 PM
I flew just one single mission,i flew stukas, but i couldnt switch to my gunner, i tried everything,still possibility that it was switched off in realism settings,if there is such a option.other things i noticed, no collisition model for a radar towers :( i could fly through them like a ghoust.comm with others planes still doesnt work, i can try to give them any orders and they still fly behind me like a morons.Also 1st german mission in a campaign is broken,everybody i flying to the meeting point but the bomber which we are suppose to escort is way ahead and shot down,once i tried to fly strait to the bomber not bother with the waypoints buti was late anyway,then i chased the spits?they just flew like a sheeps, didnt even bothered to fight,my wingman was deaf again,no response to a orders.please make proper campaigns with connections between missions,or add managment of planes and pilots like in red baron.thanks

Pyrres
04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
With this beta #2 I got for the first time screen tearing and I had to turn vsync on. I now also have a few stutters at low level wich I did not have before but still playable. Specs in sig.

Mattius
04-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Our plan is to test this beta, and if no new issues are reported until Friday night, make it live.

I guess Luthier has had too much negative feed back???? I for one have improved performance with the patch. Shame not officially released.

Chivas
04-30-2011, 02:45 AM
I experienced some sort of input memory leak when playing the campaign using the new beta. My inputs started getting so slow the game was unplayable. Pull trigger and guns fire a second or more later, same with joystick. Move stick left and the aircraft takes a second or more to react.

scotchegg
04-30-2011, 03:33 AM
My problem as well. Anyway, if you right-click on the name of the game in Steam and then choose "verify game files" or something similar, Steam will replace the patch files with the last "official" version. (For me, I then installed the previous beta patch over this official version, which works fine on my machine.)

Thanks Swallow. Actually Flankers suggestion worked for me - it seems just extracting to the COD folder didn't work but extracting to a temporary place and copying the files in there did.

Unfortunately after that the patch seems to have increased stutters for me so rolled back anyway.

On a different note another poster made a good point about newcomers to the IL2 series being a bit more patient and thinking about the first game which was around for years and overcame the initial teething problems (which sound as though they were quite bad) to become an excellent sim.

As a newcomer I was terribly disappointed at the performance of COD at first but especially after the 1.401(?) patch performance improved greatly. My rig is pretty old (Q6700@3.3, GTS240, 4GBram) so I have to turn most things down, and flying over land still looks pretty bad, but you can certainly see the potential of the sim once they iron the flaws out.

Most of my simming has been with FSX but even on my rig the realism from within the cockpit (especially the shadows) in COD is amazing. If the modding community is as active as it seems to have been for the first game, and the devs continue to fine-tune the performance I for one am optimistic that this is going to be an amazing sim over time.

Wolf_Rider
04-30-2011, 03:41 AM
I turned HPET off, in BIOS, (well updated the BIOS anyway, so I thought why not at the time) and noticed a slight improvement in fluidity.

persistent is Print Screen doesn't work and memory management is in dire need of a look at.

Launcher crash switching from QMB to FMB and Stats (and other intermediate screens, though not all at the same time) screen flashes up (after three or four runs) going into a Play Mission in FMB

kristorf
04-30-2011, 09:13 AM
For the first time myself and some of my mates had the game revert to VGA resolution during MP (all at differant times), also moved all the on screen windows to top left of the screen??
Going into options/video settings were still shown as 1680x1050 (native) but said I needed to restart game to effect changes??

addman
04-30-2011, 09:25 AM
This is happening quite often along the coastline:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577795626670612575/93DA034E22D6761E590B858C85CE5F0B5C491E6E/

JumpingHubert
04-30-2011, 09:38 AM
have the same graphic bug from time to time. set "prerendered pictures" in nvidia driver setting back from 0 to default (3) it reduce this bug.

BlackbusheFlyer
04-30-2011, 09:49 AM
This is happening quite often along the coastline:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577795626670612575/93DA034E22D6761E590B858C85CE5F0B5C491E6E/

Am seeing the same thing occasionally, I think it was occurring most for me when I changed the resolution from 2560x1440 (native) down to 1920x1080. I have gone back to native as I really don't like 1920x1080 and I believe that the problem may have disappeared.

I am finding with this patch I get more frequent "launcher has stopped working" issues, sometimes when changing views.

Tvrdi
04-30-2011, 11:28 AM
just noticed that I have dramatical FPs hit when my enemy hit fire after my hits...that is in multiplayer