PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated server password?

Blackrat
04-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Anyone know how to set this in the confs.ini ?

I want to set up a dedicated server at home so we can test missions without causing problems for our regular players on the main server.

epoch
05-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Is there an answer to this? Searched but didn't find anything (except this thread!).

Cheers.

Blackrat
05-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Not yet, but I am sure it is possible, I think I saw one of the Russian servers up with a password a while back.

epoch
05-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I wonder ...

If you host a local server with a password does it write the relevant lines into the .ini file on your machine, that you can then duplicate onto the server?

Can't test right now - at work. Sounds plausible though!

Troll2k
05-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe it is the same command line parameters as the IL2 1946 dedicated server.

Blackrat
05-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I wonder ...

If you host a local server with a password does it write the relevant lines into the .ini file on your machine, that you can then duplicate onto the server?

Can't test right now - at work. Sounds plausible though!

Tried that, didn't work for me.

Maybe it is the same command line parameters as the IL2 1946 dedicated server.

I never managed to get IL2 1946 running on my machine, never used the graphics card so I have no idea about the command lines in the dedi server side of things, can you provide it?

Troll2k
05-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I just checked my 1946 server and this is what it had.
The 1946 dedicated software runs in a dos box.No video,audio or controller inputs.So it does not take a lot of horsepower.Just a good upload connection.

Remember entries are case sensitive.

At the command line(or I think in the server cmd to load each time)

server [NAME <name>] [DESCRIPTION] <info>] [PWD <password>]

You can also type help at the command line to get a list of functions.Then type help function(example help server)to get the parameters and syntax.

I hope this helps.

I do not have Clod yet, but from reading it appears the dedicated server software in both games is similar.

epoch
05-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Oooookay..

I've started up my server (even though I can't get it to display on the client list yet!).

From the launcher.exe DOS box, if you type 'help admin' you get some parameters, including some password related ones.

Not exactly sure what they do yet (concentrating on getting the damn server to show up at the moment). Looks like we're onto something though, and it does resemble Troll2k's info too.