PDA

View Full Version : Ju-88

Flanker
04-27-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm constantly blowing up engines on Ju-88 after flying for about 5min. I open both normal and oil radiators and the engine is still blowing up?! Can anyone tell me the optimal settings during take off, normal flight, landing??? Does Ju-88 have supercharger, gas mixture, can it feather propeller blades?
Also which button turns on landing lights? i'm just able to turn on cockpit lights

JG53Frankyboy
04-27-2011, 12:53 PM
There are no navigation and landinglights modeled so far in CoD.

Blackdog_kt
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
The power settings to use are clearly marked on the instrument, both for manifold pressure (the Ata gauge) and RPM.

Switch to the observer gunner/bombardier seat to get a good view of the right-hand side of the cockpit and you'll see three lines on the bezel of each dial. The green one is continuous power, yellow is climb power with a time limit (probably 30 or 60 minutes, can't exactly remember right now) and red is the "never exceed" value.

These visual guidelines correspond to the exact same limits that are described for the Stuka in the sim's manual. They both have Jumo engines after all, as well as the He-111H, so if you want to you can navigate to
(your hard drive)\steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\manual, go to page 95 or thereabouts and use the values provided there.

I'm i'm not mistaken, continuous power is 1.1 Ata/2100RPM and climb power is 1.3Ata/2300RPM, but in any case you now know where to look for the correct info.
There's also a supecharger control in the Ju88, along with oil and water radiators. Hope this helps you starting out with it ;)

l3uLLDoZeR
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
They both have Jumo engines after all, as well as the He-111H, so if you want to you can navigate to
(your hard drive)\steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\manual, go to page 95 or thereabouts and use the values provided there.

I'm i'm not mistaken, continuous power is 1.1 Ata/2100RPM and climb power is 1.3Ata/2300RPM, but in any case you now know where to look for the correct info.

On top of everything else that needs fixed....this is why we need some kind of manual or printed checklist.

KG26_Alpha
05-03-2011, 08:11 AM
On top of everything else that needs fixed....this is why we need some kind of manual or printed checklist.

Errmm

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\manual

If you have a printer you can print off the PDF file.

SYN_Flashman
05-03-2011, 11:37 AM
To help you see the engine instruments there are a couple of things you can do.

1) Climb into the forward gunners seat and move the gun so that the butt is up and to the right.

2) You can actually remove this gun by removing it in the weapons setup screen (though this system is a bit bugged might take a few attempts). Obviously it means you don't have a forward gun, but its not much use anyway. This is the best way to llok at the instruments.

As for the engines, keep them both at the green marks most of the time, except for takeoff when you can use full power. Rads full open. Basically you will find at lower altitudes the throttle is generally only about 50% forward to maintain the recommended setting.