PDA

View Full Version : OK, Now I'm getting frustrated.

ElAurens
04-27-2011, 02:36 AM
For about the tenth time my on screen engine control readout has re-set itself back to the animated sliders from the "digital" readout that I prefer.
And I am now unable to jump from one crew position to the other in multi-crew aircraft, like I could when I first set up my controls.

I have made no changes and yes, Steamcloud is off.

What the hell is going on?

I really think I am just going to set CoD aside for a month or two. As much as I like it, and see it's promise for the future, I just have no more patience with it as it stands.

I'll still be poking around here, but my flying for the time being will be limited to IL2.

jimbop
04-27-2011, 02:55 AM
For about the tenth time my on screen engine control readout has re-set itself back to the animated sliders from the "digital" readout that I prefer.

Do you happen to have both the Russian and English versions installed? I noticed something similar when I did. Also, have you confirmed that the problem is that your config files are being overwritten with the originals? If so, it may help to disable the steam auto-update feature for CoD and only re-enable it when patches arrive.

Can't offer anything further helpful (sorry) but how did you get the 'digital' readouts?

JG14_Jagr
04-27-2011, 03:21 AM
When I had both versions installed it created all sorts of problems after the 2nd patch...

TUSA/TX-Gunslinger
04-27-2011, 04:26 AM
Hey El,

Try this (if you haven't already)... "Verify the Integrity of you Game Cache in Steam".... Good first step when "really strange stuff" happens.

http://www.txsquadron.com/forum/index.php?topic=3582.0

Good luck,

S!

Gunny

Doc_uk
04-27-2011, 05:55 AM
Hey El,

Try this (if you haven't already)... "Verify the Integrity of you Game Cache in Steam".... Good first step when "really strange stuff" happens.

Good luck,

S!

Gunny trouble is when doing that, if you have applyed the lattest patch , when you verfiy the integrity of your game cache, it will say you have files missing, and then patch you back to the last offical steam patch

jimbop
04-27-2011, 06:05 AM
trouble is when doing that, if you have applyed the lattest patch , when you verfiy the integrity of your game cache, it will say you have files missing, and then patch you back to the last offical steam patch

Maybe not such a bad thing with the state of the latest beta! I've already gone back to the official steam version, too many CTDs with the beta.

Ataros
04-27-2011, 07:12 AM
My settings for info-windows are not saved only if the game crashes. I usually exit the game to save settings and then launch it again to fly if I change smth in interface. Had set digital format once and it works since then fine.

I saved my controls config and just load it into the game manually on rare occasions smth does not work (e.g.after beta patch).

No problems with this.

Feathered_IV
04-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Hey El,

Like Doc UK, I've already reverted back from the beta using the above option. The busted Qmb options, screen res bugs and black screen/dump back to desktop made it an easy decision to make.

Langnasen
04-27-2011, 08:00 AM
The little sliders can be changed?! How please?

Blue Scorpion
04-27-2011, 08:27 AM
The little sliders can be changed?! How please?

The same way you change anything in the windows, alt mouse click to activate window, then right click, select top option and start editing.

Langnasen
04-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks Scorp. :)

BigPickle
04-27-2011, 11:10 AM
I reverted after 5mins of playing beta lol

jimbop
04-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I reverted after 5mins of playing beta lol

Yeah, same here but that's what beta releases are for I guess. Better to get the bugs in the beta than the release.

BigPickle
04-27-2011, 12:16 PM
very true yeah, but normally dev acknowledge the bugs with a post or something

Oktoberfest
04-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, same here but that's what beta releases are for I guess. Better to get the bugs in the beta than the release.

Anyway, you get bugs in both...

TUSA/TX-Gunslinger
04-27-2011, 03:09 PM
trouble is when doing that, if you have applyed the lattest patch , when you verfiy the integrity of your game cache, it will say you have files missing, and then patch you back to the last offical steam patch

Hi Doc,

Just repatch it then - the beta is a d/l file.

I save all those in a CoD beta folder, just in case...

S!

Gunny

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Like Doc UK, I've already reverted back from the beta using the above option. The busted Qmb options, screen res bugs and black screen/dump back to desktop made it an easy decision to make.

Did you guys clear out your cache folders after installing the beta patch? I verified files through Steam, installed beta patch, and cleared out the cache folders in Documents\Softclub\etc. and have had almost none of the issues others describe

True.

jimbop
04-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Did you guys clear out your cache folders after installing the beta patch? I verified files through Steam, installed beta patch, and cleared out the cache folders in Documents\Softclub\etc. and have had almost none of the issues others describe

Yes, I installed the patch onto the up-to-date steam version and cleared the cache. Lots of CTDs apparently triggered by joystick button input (no idea why) and shifting between fullscreen and corner insert.