PDA

View Full Version : PILOT'S NOTES "The SPITFIRE" missing pages

lothar29
04-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone, I have to warn of a matter that not me this liking at all, neither to me nor to those who buy the edition collector, at least the Spanish Edition.

Thing of a couple of weeks ago a colleague of our Virtual Squadron discovered a very nasty thing, turns out to be that the book replicates of the SPITFIRE had huge flaws, pages repeated non-existent pages and sections of the book were not that they passed a section to another without more...

"" After writing to UBISOFT Spain his reply was that he return the "Simulator Lords of UBISOFT, Simulator" game, and that as they become a problem of Edition and that everyone was wrong, not could the problem me...
as I said, so buy the edition collector than I cost 70€? If I decided to buy the collector of the CLIFFS OF DOVER Edition was precisely because I had these special things, map of the canal, the book of the instructions of the pilots and the most important of all, her replica of the book which is on display at the RAF museum dedicated to the SPITFIRE which gave pilots the RAF that they should have a fast the use of the SPITFIRE Guide, so how am I going to be happy with a product which does not, there is no! This poorly finished! that if! not have forgotten to put your logo! that if not, calling big UBISOFT! and my I care UBISOFT, I eh bought this simulator that this created by OLEG MADOX and his team, who are excellent in their work, not as these gentlemen that are dedicated only to sell the product and above make it wrong!

I wonder if the English editions, German etc etc, also have these bugs...

I also like to ask people to have these mistakes that communicate you to here, in this post and at the same time to send complaints to UBISOFT, as they have sold us a product that is not, that this poor finish... I am not referring to the Simulator.... as LUTHIER and his team have not stopped working des that came out to the grain to make increasingly work better...

I hope that together we will succeed that UBISOFT have to edit the book and distribute it to those who have the Simulator in Edition Collector of new and well done...

No, surely I forget something, but the important thing is that we review the failures you have the PILOT's NOTES of the SPITFIRE...

the errors are as follows...

-It has been repeated the face back of d. s/3 page. (points 19 to 25 of section I)
-It has been repeated the face back of page f. S/4. (points 34 to 37 of the section I)
-It has been repeated the side of the page f. S/5. (points 37 to 39 of section I)
-missing the page f. S/6 and f. S/7; becomes directly 44 section I point to the legend of Figure 1
-missing the face back of page F.S/6, (going point 12 to 14 of section II)

I hope to get many replies, since in this way we can achieve something that we paid.

Sorry for my bad English

reply of ubisoft to the problem of the pilot's notes of the spitfire:

You recently requested personal assistance in our online support center. The following is a summary of your request and our response.

If we do not receive your message within 48 hours, we will give your problem to fix.

Thank you for allowing us to provide our services.

To update this question via email, respond to this message. Given that its response will be processed automatically, you must type your answer in the space below. Text escritoen another part of the message will be deleted.

[= > please enter your answer below this line < =]

[= > please enter your answer above this line < =]

To access your question from the support site, click on the link below or paste it into your web browser.http://ubisoft-sp.custhelp.com/app/account/questions/detail/i_id/1212153

issue
-[Complaint] Duplicate pages in manual thread

- reply by email (Jonathon)

- 26/04/2011 13:28Estimado Enric for responding to this message, please update this incident by clicking on the "Update question" button at the bottom of this page (please, don't you think a new incident).

Thank you for informing us of this problem. So I climbed the channels appropriate for processing. Unfortunately in technical support, for obvious reasons, we cannot solve problems of this kind - duplicate pages in the book, etc - because they come from the production of the game. As it is not a question of bad form in all but a single book, is you cannot resolve it with a replacement for another copy of the game... If you want a refund of the paid amount you have to return the game with the ticket purchase to the store where purchased it.

Carefully Jonathon

-technical assistance from Ubisoft auto answer

- 22/04/2011 13:31Las following answers could help you immediately. (The answers are displayed in a window apart.)

Title: Information about the patch for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of DoverEnlace:

http://ubisoft-sp.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14867

title: IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover - Manual of the juegoEnlace:

http://ubisoft-sp.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14798

title: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - requirements MínimosEnlace:

http://ubisoft-sp.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14551

client for Web (Enric Lothar29)-22/04/2011 13:31

Hello, form I get in touch with you, for the simple reason of the book replicates of the Spitfire of the Clifs of Dover. It will now do already a month of the output of the Cliffs of Dover, I'm a fan of the aircraft, and so much more than the WWII "second world war" and few things escape me already with the age that I have and the amount of information that I have come to receive from those years, because I say all this? the booklet of the Spitfire this incomplete! We will that not be where are some pages of the book, besides that in pages that they are not,Some are repeated...

The errors I have identified are the following:
-is repeated the face back of d. s/3 page. (points 19 to 25 of section I)
- is repeated the face back of page (f). S/4. (points 34 to 37 of the section I)
- is repeated the side of the page (f). S/5. (points 37 to 39 of section I)
- missing the page f. S/6 and F.. S/7; is passed directly from paragraph 44 of section I to the legend of Figure 1
- lack face back of page 119.0721/6 (pass item 12 to 14 of section II)

Unfortunately for me and for many fans to the aerial simulation, I've spent 70€ in a collector, badly edited Edition if spend me them was precisely to have these manuals at home and at physical condition, if it had not come to the Russian edition that would have cost me € 10.50, or a normal Edition... I hope an answer and a solution to my problem...

HR_Lindbergh
04-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I think It's not an isolated problem.

My copy also has duplicated pages,I think it's a general problem with the spanish version

Meusli
04-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Yes all versions have this problem including mine. The only solution is to return the game and buy the digital version which I am not going to do as I like the manual and box etc. It is very disappointing to receive something in this state after you buy the best version but after all the problems with the game not really surprising.
Someone had a thread up when it was first released with the missing pages found on the web, perhaps you could print these off if you just wanted to read them. Though I understand if you don't.

Atlas_T
04-26-2011, 06:34 PM
+1 It's a shame

70€ game + nothing = To steal people who buy your games. Bad strategy.

Atlas_T
aka Fabio from Barcelona

JOM
04-26-2011, 06:49 PM
+1

Pilot´s Notes with missing and repeated pages.

S!

"Xe"

FAE_Cazador
04-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Same here, some pages duplicated and some others missing. Collector's Edition, Spanish version.

By the way I would like also to complain about the poor Spanish translation of the messages read on the game screens. Messages from IA, or from the game itself.

Some can be funny, others absolutely stupid, like being translated with a cheap Internet Translator, with no idea of what the Air War is, far from historical or technical aeronautic Spanish words.

No need to post here examples, as this is an English Forum and they wouldn't be understood by most of the readers, but my Spanish colleagues will understand what I am talking about.

I blame directly UBI for those problemst, not 1C. I positively support the game devs and appreciate their work, and will do. But it is another sign of a unfinished published work.

PVT_Shepperd
04-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Its the same with all other collectors edition except for the Russian ones because they got no Pilots notes.
But I got no hope that they will give away fixed ones.

ATAG_Dutch
04-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes Folks, I have the same missing and duplicated pages problem.

There are also many spelling and punctuation errors in the English version, which seems strange if they are copied from a 'genuine' Air Ministry document.

However, it was a nice touch to include these notes in the box, simply as something to look at with interest rather than a real 'how to' instruction book.

For those that would like pilot's notes for a number of aircraft, try here.

http://www.afeonline.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=198&products_id=476&osCsid=5f940a675fae5cc231fe8ce75ba3b668

For about £6.00 (6.75 Euro) you can get a more informative example, but not for all marks of aircraft (Hurricane and Spit Mk1's are notable by their absence).

The Spit MkII is there though! :)

Artist
04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Rodolphe supplied one of the missing pages here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=247914&postcount=1) (Paragraphes 12(ii) Spinning, 13 Aerobatic and 13a Diving)

Vadder
04-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Completely agree, I'm really disappointed.

It is a pity, these failures in a collector's edition should not happen.

Greetings

HR_Vadder

Same here, some pages duplicated and some others missing. Collector's Edition, Spanish version.

By the way I would like also to complain about the poor Spanish translation of the messages read on the game screens. Messages from IA, or from the game itself.

Some can be funny, others absolutely stupid, like being translated with a cheap Internet Translator, with no idea of what the Air War is, far from historical or technical aeronautic Spanish words.

No need to post here examples, as this is an English Forum and they wouldn't be understood by most of the readers, but my Spanish colleagues will understand what I am talking about.

I blame directly UBI for those problemst, not 1C. I positively support the game devs and appreciate their work, and will do. But it is another sign of a unfinished published work.

Raggz
04-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Mine also missed the nice printed manual and all ubisoft recommended me doing was to return the game which i can't since the code is used. No compensation offer, zip, nada. I feel ripped off.

gonvise
04-26-2011, 08:37 PM
One more Spanish user disapointed... I think Ubisoft should provide, at least, a pdf of the correct pilot's notes to the collectors edition users.

Mattius
04-26-2011, 08:51 PM
As much as I see the potential of this sim it has to be said that this glaring problem fits in well with the utter disaster of this release. This & SH5 really should be enough to get a truckload of lawsuits thrown at Ubisoft.
On the plus side Luthier & his team are doing their best. I just hope that they patch it until it meets or exceeds our expectations. :rolleyes:

Oleg leaving speaks volumes!

Viper2000
04-26-2011, 09:23 PM
The UK CE also has rather questionable pilot's notes; the picture on the front is actually a Spitfire XIV or XVIII (2 big square radiators & a 5 bladed propeller), there are both duplicated and missing pages, and the notes were revised December 1941 or January 1942, which means that they almost certainly relate to aeroplanes in a post-battle mod state.

For example, the engine has been converted to pressurised water-glycol cooling rather than 100% glycol as was used originally, which changes the temperature limits. The notes also relate to aircraft running on 100 octane fuel (which is correct for the battle) and yet if you actually go flying in the sim it's not possible to attain +12 psi boost.

If you look at the cockpit diagram in the notes, you'll see that there is no 2nd button on the spade grip (I think this is a cannon button which has been erroneously added, though I suppose it might be the PTT button; either way it's not included in the diagram), and you'll also see that there should be 2 fuel cocks and 2 fuel contents gauges.

The mixture control also appears to operate in the wrong sense, but it's quite hard to tell given the other problems (ie the altitude bug with CEM enabled).

So however you look at it, we've got notes for an aeroplane not modelled in the sim.

I didn't see much point in complaining about the notes because it struck me that the prospect of anything actually being done was zero.

But I agree that it's not really very good. I bought the CE mainly to support 1c rather than anything else, but it would have been nice if the notes had actually been from the correct year and properly reproduced...

whoarmongar
04-26-2011, 10:44 PM
I have to say any sales of this sim are due to the dedication of IL-2 players and flightsim lovers, and are in spite of ubisofts farcical marketing of the game.
My experience was that I went to the local games shop on the weekend following release. I sauntered in expecting to find a display stand full of this shiny new game, I found nothing.
So up to the counter I went
"Can I help you sir" said the assistant, "Yes" I said " have you got the new IL-2 game" I said.
He gave me a blank quizical look
"Its by Ubisoft" I added helpfully, hopeing to jog his memory
"Er I dont think its released yet" he said " I will look in my book. No its not been released and is not even listed in upcoming releases"
I left the shop and came home, then downloaded the game online.
But theres a hole on my shelf, Where the CD case should be.