PDA

View Full Version : TM Cougar, Foxy Software loads, but Joystick Pointer stays top-left corner? Help?

Mysticpuma
04-26-2011, 10:24 AM
I have had a nightmare getting the Cougar to install in Windows 7, but have at-least now got it working in the Control panel and also the Cougar Software (Profile loader) to run fine.

After rebooting, I installed Foxy 4, entered the required details (it said it had found the Cougar) and then rebooted.

After launching the Foxy Programming Software for the Thrustmaster Cougar, I press the Green-Crosshair button (best-way I can think of describing it) to see the position of the axis being tracked.

All I get though is the Cursor Icon stuck at the top-left of the screen and it doesn't respond to any movement of the stick, throttle or buttons. I have un-installed and re-installed but no change?

Has anyone got any ideas what to do?

BTW, the stick works in the Control Panel so it is all functioning, it's just Foxy isn't working with it?

Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Sorted the 'issue'!

I had my Simpeds plugged in and Foxy loaded Joystick Profile 1 (default) and this was the simpeds!. Switching it to Profile 2 'fixed' the issue. Simple but stupid mistake!

Cheers, MP