PDA

View Full Version : Skins

Banshee_Felix_54
04-26-2011, 03:16 AM
Hey guys dumb question but is installing new skins considered a "mod" as in getting banned online... if not has anyone started on these babies:cool:

Verhängnis
04-26-2011, 04:04 AM
Hey guys dumb question but is installing new skins considered a "mod" as in getting banned online... if not has anyone started on these babies:cool:

No, please read the game manual, they are allowed but I am pretty sure only you will see them online due to performance issues with many different types of computers.

bogie
04-26-2011, 05:10 AM
Downloading and installing skins and any kind of mod can be real trouble if we are not careful,--- read vac statement on the matter.

Malicious programs in downloads
It is common for executable (.EXE) files, dynamic link libraries (.DLL files), and batch (.BAT) files being offered as parts of "mods" to contain malicious software designed to steal Steam account login information. Hacks are another very common source of malicious programs.

kristorf
04-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Downloading and installing skins and any kind of mod can be real trouble if we are not careful,--- read vac statement on the matter.

What a way to try to scare people without knowing the facts.

Skins are in .jpeg format and go into the provided folders.
If 1C did not want user made skins they would be inaccesable, not sitting in your 1C Soft folder in full view

Feathered_IV
04-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Kristorf, are you having a hard time getting skins to show up in FMB?
I did these simple ones the other day and they show in the selection menu just fine. In a mission though, the game just reverts to default on all but the black Defiant. I wondered if you have some technique of saving them to get yours showing.

The link to the skins is below. Maybe it is something to do with filesize. A simple skin like the Black is 1.09mb, whereas the camo one is 1.49mb. Any insights will help us all ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MR19A1HZ

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/Feathered_IV/Untitled-1-1.jpg

kristorf
04-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Feathered,
Getting skins to show in MP or QMB is porked at the moment (as much as I would like to see them I think this is low on the 'to do' list)

LC,
not found anyplace to upload them yet, got a nice collection though waiting :rolleyes:

LcSummers
04-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Feathered,
Getting skins to show in MP or QMB is porked at the moment (as much as I would like to see them I think this is low on the 'to do' list)

LC,
not found anyplace to upload them yet, got a nice collection though waiting :rolleyes:

Thanks Kristorf, deleted my last message as i read that you didnt found any place to upload them. (reflecteds blog).

I must say i really love your skins. They are great anyway.

PS: axis and allies paintshop is one of my favorite sites concerning skins. For IL 1946 i found here the best ones.

Cheers